1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2021 Mock Drafts Thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by 08SteelCurtain, Jan 18, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You know how I feel about PFF = Pretty F***ing Fake.

2. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Got this one this week using The Draft Network’s simulator

R1 Liam Eichenberg —— T
    R2 Landon Dickerson —— C
    R3 Tommy Tremble —— TE
    R4 Cam McGrone —- ILB
    R4 Kylin Hill —— RB
    R6 Elerson Smith —— EDGE
    R7 Thomas Graham Jr —— CB
    R7 Luke Farrell ——TE

Rachad Wildgoose was there for me in the 7th too - was tempted to double-dip at CB. But with Kevin Rader and Zach Gentry being our backups for.. Eric Ebron, I decided that was more pressing

Elerson Smith will not be there in the 6th round. But I’ll take it on the simulator.

Tremble and Farrell are great blockers with pass catching upside

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Weren't any Cbs, or Lbs worth taking in the 1st??

4. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    I actually saw Farley there and considered it. Jamin Davis too. I actually don’t think Eichenberg is a reach, IMO he’s a 1st round OT talent, especially when they want to improve the run

• Like Like x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Don't know if I'll do any changes after this one unless they have some unexpected signings. Holding off on re-signing James Conner til after the draft?? etc etc

1 (24). Travis Etienne RB Clemson.

Reasoning - We already have a thumper in Snell, Etienne adds the dynamic element that I’m sure Canada is looking for.

Personally, I would go OT. It isn’t very often you can add a top OT while drafting at 24. Teven Jenkins would be sweet, but no KC/MT or even Klemm at pro day. Jalen Mayfield was my choice for most of this time, but I get the feeling they are just not looking his way. We had piss poor short yardage success and rushing in general, and I think upgrading the 5 guys that make the holes over upgrading just the 1 who is the runner makes more sense but thats jmo. And I don’t believe in the laundry list of OTs on the roster trumping some of the top rookies coming out.

Browns – Myles Garrett and McKinley plus a beast DL

Ravens – Another beast DL and array of DE/OLBs

Just a couple more reasons to go OT imo.

2 (55). Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma – I would trade up a couple spots if needed.

Reasoning – C is a huge void with Pouncey retiring and Finney coming back after a down year. I’ve always been a Finney believer, but when you can improve or add competition, it only leads to better things. Finney could also revert to that interior swing guy even if he said he wants to remain at 1 spot. AR2 wants to improve that run game and these first two picks go a long way in doing so.

3 (82). Aaron Robinson CB UCF

Reasoning – The team lost 2 starters in Nelson and Hilton. James Pierre and Justin Layne are fine depth but more talent is definitely needed. Robinson is a slot CB candidate to replace Hilton with Sutton presumably going to the outside.

4 (129). James Hudson OT Cincinnati

Reasoning – finally the long awaited OT pick. He will take some time but could be worth the investment.

4(141). Elerson Smith OLB Northern Iowa

Reasoning – depth sorely needed behind Watt and Highsmith. Good size at 6’6” 265 but needs some strength

6 (216). Luke Ferrell TE OSU

Reasoning – Excellent blocker and that is sorely needed, not too mention depth at the position.

7 (246). Derrick Barnes ILB Purdue

7 (255). Pressley Harvin P Georgia Tech

• Like Like x 5
  6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    And if Jadeveon Clowney pairs up with Garrett in Cleveland, does that change the mindset going into round 1 when looking to draft a lineman?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    R1 Landon Dickerson —— C
    R2 Tommy Tremble —— TE
    R3 Cam McGrone —— ILB
    R4 Kylin Hill —— RB
    R4 Elerson Smith —— EDGE
    R6 Thomas Graham Jr —— CB
    R7 Tedarelle Slaton —— DT
    R7 Josh Ball —— OT

Dickerson and Tremble will go a long way towards making the run game serviceable and then some. Tremble is very athletic and has some upside as a pass catcher.

Cam McGrone is super underrated. Really, check his film. McGrone and Bush are a good 1-2 for the next few years.

Kylin Hill is a running back that can catch passes and is sturdy enough at 215lbs to hold up on between the tackles running.

Elerson Smith is a guy that has athletic plus traits, and the staff has shown interest in him.

Whether Graham, Slaton or Ball will actually be there in the 6th or 7th is a crapshoot. All have very nice upside.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    What, Chuks Okorafor and Zach Banner don’t help ease your mind there? :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt Dickerson goes in the first round, I think he has had 3 season ending injuries in his career, including 2 ACLs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Clowney is the most overrated player in the league, he had zero sacks with the Titans last season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    2016- torn ACL
    2017- serious ankle injury
    2018- ankle sprain- missed last 8 games
    2019- played whole season
    2020- torn ACL

He doesn't fit as a Steelers first rounder because of he's not an underclassman, although he is only 22. But we don't see a whole lot of red-shirt seniors in the draft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Has been for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    You know what - I agree. I have heard PIT is looking at him strongly, but I didn't know he had a second torn ACL. I think they like his size, leadership, and toughness. I like him round 2.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    Here's the one I might stand on:

4/20
    R1 - Travis Etienne ------- RB
    R2 - Creed Humphrey ---- C
    R3 - Hunter Long --------- TE
    R4 - Thomas Graham Jr -- CB
    R4 - Josh Ball -------------- T
    R6 - Patrick Johnson ------- EDGE
    R7 - Jaelon Darden -------- WR
    R7 - Erroll Thompson ------ ILB

I don't think Hunter Long will be there. But he was in a mock draft simulator, so I took him. Walker Little was also available in the 4th in this simulator, and I took him, but I changed it for this post to a more realistic choice. Josh Ball is a sleeper.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We are starting as of now 4 backups in the D...yet most don't want 2 draft any D players in the 1st three rounds. Why? You just automatically think those backups will be great???

16. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Just did this one through PFFs site. Not sure this could have played out much better.

pff_mock_results.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hells yeah. I'd take that draft every day

18. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    What’s funnier - how impossible that is, or that PFF went on to only give it a B+ ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    I mean just think of what would have to happen for this to occur. Najee Harris would have to get caught with his pants around his ankles at a girls-only gas station audibly asking for black tar smack, with Zaven Collins filming

After TMZ posts the video, Hunter Long would have to retweet it with some sort of caption that strongly sides with Najee

Patrick Surtain would have to have organized the whole thing

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Because in their draft preview, they have Harris going in the 3rd run, must be how they tailored their algorithm for the draft simulator.

21. 08SteelCurtain

Sep 20, 2015
    If they’re going for the realistic thing, they might want to call up the algorithm intern again and have him tweak some stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they better tweek whomever is grading those players in those rounds as well. zaven collins in the 2nd as only a C+. really? i'd take that all day long. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If we had this draft I would be the most stoked MF out there.
    That would maybe the greatest draft ever.
    If it didn't workout, you'd have 2 be like ....I don't know what 2 tell you.:shrug: