1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

RB wear and tear

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Maddog78, Mar 12, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt Javonte would be there at #55, I think the Jets at #23 and Miami at #18 are the teams that could be interested in Etienne, and Harris.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I understand all the risks and percentages and all that, but w Conner gone we are getting a running back, and I think there are some good ones in this draft, I am handing it over to Colbert, Tomlin, and staff, and the rest is having a good attitude and watching it unfold, whoever it is let have faith in these guys doing their jobs and making a good enough decision, I back who they pick because I haven't sat in on the zoom interviews and watched in person,

and remember draft the player not the position

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Tough to predict what will happen in a draft but I think people are overvaluing these RB’s. Look how long Dobbins lasted last year with only CEH going in rd 1 at pick 32 which I could see Tampa doing something like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unless there are any Walter Peyton's out there, these RB's never see a second contract.

5. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    True. The game has changed to the place where their warranty has expired by that time. The guy you just pencil in for most of a decade, dependably gets 100 yards per game, doesn’t get hurt much, doesn’t have off field drama, and comes up big in the playoffs (a Franco type) is a long extinct species.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon, Ezekiel Elliott all got second contracts.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Should have said huge contracts, If I am a NFL GM no RB is getting over 10 mill/yr on his (next 2nd contract)

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    brian robinson. najee's backup. very little wear and tear. still a bama recruit. could have probably started anywhere else he went. just got stuck behind some bama greats. UDFA maybe.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    With the way the Steelers structured that deal (rumors) it was a lot on paper but the Steelers could have cut him at any time and been free and clear for the most part. It's one of the reasons Bell turned them down. In the end, the Steelers were correct which I think most reasonable people agreed with at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Still in school. Good back though.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was wondering about that. I thought he still was, but when he mentioned him , I was like hell ya.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    didn't know he went back. Nevermind.:smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Although I've never seen anything about touches in college vs. NFL success, it would seem like a reasonable assumption..... but I do know, every time a running back had 300 carries in a NFL season, his production dropped way off the next year... with one exception ( Marshawn Lynch).

• Like Like x 1