1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Four round mock fixes run game

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Maddog78, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Also, gets Bush a true running mate at ILB, and a QB prospect. Love the first round pick, thinking more and more the Steelers should pull the trigger here.

24: R1 P24 C Landon Dickerson - Alabama
    55: R2 P23 OT Walker Little - Stanford
    87: R3 P23 RB Javonte Williams - North Carolina
    128: R4 P23 LB Baron Browning - Ohio State
    140: R4 P35 QB Kellen Mond - Texas A&M

• Like Like x 1
  2. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Dickerson's injury history gives me pause and I don't think he's a round one pick.

Williams and Mond won't drop that far IMO.

I like Little and Browning.

3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Dont know about Dickerson with that injury history, could be a bargain or a bust at 1.24

Do you think Javonte Williams lasts until pick 87? I though he would go around pick 50 or possibly sooner

I’d be happy enough coming away with that group regardless of where they are selected. Getting a Center than can anchor the line for the next decade would be great if Dickersons injury issues are behind him.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The Injuries bother me also . No matter how good a player is, on the bench ,or in the tub is no help. Of course everyone knows this. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I think more realistically it would have to be Williams round 1, Dickerson rd 2, and Little round 3. Tbh.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I like the thought of Dickerson at center, but definitely not in the first round. That injury history scares me too much. There is no way Javonte lasts until the 3rd round. I like the combination of players you chose. Just not in the order you picked.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Exactly what I was thinking. I even think theres a possibility Dickerson may be there in the 3rd.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If we could get him in the 3rd....that be huge

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Longshot for sure. But if he falls that far you have to take him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Or, if he falls that far, there's a reason........

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    If Dickerson checks out medically, and that cartwheel at the Pro Day was pretty impressive, he'll be the first center off the board. He's dominant.

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ah...See . You had 2 ruin it. Make me think all the bad things....Whys he still there, What's wrong with him, and What does everyone else know, that we do not???
    :hmm::eek:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Modern medicine is amazing. All of you guys worried about Dickerson's injuries seem to forget that Watt's knees were a traveling disaster in college and we still took him in the first round. I think he has only missed one game due to injury since and any teams that passed on him for it are kicking themselves.

Dickerson is my guy, he has great film. As long as we get some combination of Dickerson+Good Running back in the first 3 rounds I will consider it a win.

• Like Like x 3
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Nothing against modern medicine, but one guy was injured playing a different position, the other, injured many times, and different injuries at same position.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Watt and Dickerson are not comparable. Dickerson has a horrendous injury history.

Dickerson is high on my list but not in the first round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Creed Humphrey will be the first center drafted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Like it. Except I'd go with Carter in the 4th round instead. And Zaven Collins in the first.
    1. Zaven Collins
    2. Dickerson or Humphreys
    3. Little
    4. Carter
    5. Mond or Mills. ( I don't think either will be there) But I'm fine not taking a QB too)

18. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    I think Humphrey is a safer pick than Dickerson. He’s one of only two plug and play centers, and he doesn’t have Dickerson‘s injury history. But Dickerson is the better prospect.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I did that on Fanspeak, Collins didn't fall or I would have drafted him.

By the way, pff.nfl.com is PFF's free draft sim, much faster than Fanspeak.

20. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    If we are SERIOUS about fixing the run game then IMO we need to take some combination of RB, C and OT in the first 3 rounds.

1st round options
    RB Najee Harris
    RB Travis Etienne
    C Landon Dickerson
    OT Teven Jenkins
    OT Alex Leatherwood

2nd round options
    RB Kenny Gainwell
    C Landon Dickerson (would need to trade up)
    C Creed Humphrey
    OT Sam Cosmi
    OT Dillon Radunz
    OT Liam Eichenberg

3rd round options
    RB Michael Carter
    RB Trey Sermon
    C Quinn Merinerz
    OT Walker Little

My personal preference is Harris, Dickerson and Little. We will need to trade up in the 2nd (future pick?) But we get arguably the best RB and Center with an OT with all the physical tools to play LT with very little wear and tear on his body.

Trading up for Dickerson is tough and taking him in the 1st would be even tougher. The talent is immense but the medical has to be scary.

Since I assume Darrishaw will be off the board at #24, Leatherwood is really the only option to be an impactful LT. I love Jenkins but at best he is a RT only and some teams may only have him at Guard due to arm length but I think his technique is so good he can survive outside.

Harris vs Etienne can be debated at length. At his best Etienne could be Dalvin Cook. At his best Najee Harris could be a version of Adrian Peterson. When you draw up an All-Pro RB, 6'2 230 is a beautiful template.

I have no problem taking 3 straight picks to fix the run game. I think our defense can survive without re-inforcements this year. I know smart picks would be CB and LB but let's hold off until next year.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    I agree at best Ettiene is Calvin Cook. But Harris isn't Peterson. More like Matt Forte.

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  23. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah baby!

24. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    L
    He is a mauler. So I see the attraction. If Farley, JOK or Collins are available and we pick any of the above 3, I'd be disappointed.

But I won't mind Dickerson, or better yet a trade back into the second and then grab Dickerson.

Hopefully the jets take Najee so he isn't a temptation.

25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    What are your thoughts on Jenkins having sub 33" arms? I don't know how many Tackles exist having less than 33" arms. I do think his technique is good enough to compensate. I think alot of teams will look at him as a guard. I was thinking if he could be made into a Center ?

I love Dickerson but the medical scares the hell out of me to take in Round 1. I could stomach trading up in round 2 though.

• Agree Agree x 1