1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Asked and Answered

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bend Steel, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    I used to really enjoy Labs' segements, but his schtick has gotten real old. He picks the most ridiculous questions, just so it gives him a chance to tee off on people. I wish there were someone who could actually answer the more technical questions concerning the teams X's and O's, specific player attributes per postion, coaching tactics and techniques, player techniques etc. I question whether he could actually explain the diff between a 3 tech and a 5 tech and which players fell into which category.
    Perhaps all he gets are stupid questions, but I just really doubt that. It would be REALLY cool if he(or someone else) provided some small(or large) amount of actual inside 411. I would love to be a fly on the wall while Canada is ****canning half(F that, ALL) of Fitchners playbook....for example. Maybe tease the fans with some "what to expect from the new OC" articles???
    Let's just say, he would not have the balls to speak to people in person the way he does on the net.
    I guess this qualifies as a rant. Sorry. It's over.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Look back at some of the Top Posts here, perhaps that is consistent low level quality questions he is being asked. In November/December he has the say guy repeatedly asking (and arguing) about a nonsensical play..and would not take BL's answer as fact...at some point I would also tee off on the stupidity.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    I get that. I hate stupid questions as much as the next guy, but to the extent that I now find his column a waste of time, when it used to be informative. Maybe pick one REALLY stupid idiot to pick on, then get to some real nuts and bolts....I dont know. I am over his ego.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I came across a Labriola Asked and Answered the other day, I wasn’t impressed.

I much prefer Ray Fittpaldo’s chat’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I take for what it is. Entertainment. If people are looking for technical aspects of the game, be a coach or get access to the Steelers coaches meetings. I wish I had a quarter for each time all of the media nut jobs spewing guesses and other drivel about this or that, were wrong. A perfect example is mock drafts. Talk about a waste of time, there is none bigger (for me). But for some its entertaining.

6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Things I do not read (except the headline) are the trash writings that constantly fed through a google pipeline. I do not even know how it gets there, or why anyone would take the time write, let alone read that crap. The things you said about spewing guesses, for instance one that was just there when I swiped left, "3 trade packages for Sam Darnold that have been proposed"...by who, some guy named Stephen Nixon who evidently writes for some Jets blog that gets picked up by Fan sided. The thing that amazes me is somehow this stuff actually generates income through advertising. Thing is I am to stupid to even know how to shut the stream off, lol..so I just scroll past hoping to catch any real news...rare.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Labs is an organizational mouthpiece.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    He was called the Mole in High School. I was in the same year but not in his click. If memory serves he was like editor or something for the school paper and I think he was in the band.