1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JJ Watt release, let fan theories begin!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There should be an NFL Films on top 10 worst coaching decisions in SB history. That would probably be #1. Dan Quinn and the Falcons dropping back to pass when in FG range is probably #2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Looks like he decided on the money.

17 mill for a non playoff Texans was not enough

But 23 mill for a maybe playoffs cardinals does not scream of ring chasing

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Don't believe anything until it happens. What happened to all those front runners? Fake news.

4. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Money vs Family. No contest. Obviously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

The Cardinals are closer to playoff contention than one realizes. Keep in mind that Kyler Murray's Offensive Line let him down during the second half of the season; namely the Interior. Thankfully for Arizona, Alijah Vera Tucker is about the safest multi role Interior Offensive Lineman in the entire class. They still need help on Defense but this corner class is very talented and is underrated as to how deep the depth of talent is at the position. There is also Free Agency and the Cardinals do have some money to throw around. Given how hectic this Free Agency is already going to be, my guess is that, with the right moves, the Cardinals can set themselves up very well for a playoff run as they only have the 13th toughest Strength of Schedule heading into 2021.

Overall, I believe that it is very doable for them to make a run in the playoffs. How deep however remains to be seen as this league has, is and will always be a war of attrition. Last man standing wins.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup. I think they will be right in the thick of it next year.

Murray was also dealing with a shoulder injury down the stretch last year that severely limited what he could do.

7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It sure is with me. Wanted to make Wilson the hero. Your down there with downs to spare you give it to the pounder. Lights out. Big mistake by Wilson and the worst call in Super Bowl history.

Have a look and get ILL

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    why does it have to be money vs. family? The steelers were never going to sign him. Never even considered it. He took the best offer fro employment just like any of us would do in the real world. This family seems to be very close and your comment is unwarranted

9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I agree. Comparing apples to apples, even though the Steelers couldn't afford him at a reduced rate, he's going to a team with more upside the next couple of seasons than Pittsburgh.

I'm not surprised he took the money. It could be his last contract, I will never again hold it against a professional athlete for getting what they can while they can. Whether or not someone is overpaid is on the owners, not the player.

As many problems as the Steelers currently have, I count my blessings as a life long fan. How would you have like to have been born a Texans or Jets fan? It was a the right call, the only call for JJ Watt to get the hell out of Houston.

10. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Relax Francis, it didn't have to be between the two choices but it certainly was talked a great about by lots of people So, it was just an observation because as soon as I hear he was going elsewhere, that notion popped in my head. I am not criticizing him for something I'd do myself as there are limits to what choices will make people do.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  11. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    my name is not Francis. It was a choice that was never going to happen. You made the point he took the money prioritizing over his family. He took the best offer for his future. THat's my point. Family never entered in to the equation

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Come on Blast.... That works for K. Murray, but not Ben.
    Come on Bro.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Nothing wrong with Francis. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Watt made the right choice. The NFC West looks to be the strongest division in the NFL. He'd be crazy to sign with the Steelers... who will most likely finish 3rd or 4th in the AFC North for the next 2 years. Cardinals have cap money and less holes to fill than Steelers, plus they could make a strong run in the NFC playoffs sooner rather than later. Steelers will be lucky to win 8 games in 2021.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Liar Liar pants on fire.

16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Watt really didn't have any role on the Steelers besides backing up Heyward and Tuitt. JJ Watt is a much better fit for the Cardinals. He'll start there.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was talking about us being 3rd,or 4th in the AFCN. :thumbs_up:

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Seriously. With the cap issues and eventual mass exodus of players like JuJu, Dupree, Hilton, McDonald, Pouncey, etc.... I don't see Steelers competing for an AFC North title. Ravens and Browns will have better rosters in 2021. Bengals will be about even with the Steelers, if they draft well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry....I can not buy that. We will be 1st ,or 2nd. Not lower.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    At your disagreement :facepalm:
    LOL

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    What are you talking about? I’ve acknowledged that injuries all over the field had an impact on the team, probably the single biggest reason the season got derailed, IMO.

With Ben though, if it’s arthritis in his knees, that’s not getting better. I don’t believe it was his elbow but hopefully it was that and not his knees, at least if it’s the elbow, another offseason may do it some good. Arthritis in his knees, he’ll make it half a season maybe and we’ll relive the same drop off in play again.

The guy is closing in on 40, he’s not the same guy he was, he’s beat to hell and can’t do the things that once made him great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not the glass is half full type of Guy.
    I'm the Glass is Full type.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I noticed :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm a glass empty guy. As in my shot glass is empty. Pour me another! :drinks:

• Like Like x 3
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've been know 2 be that Guy also at times.

• Like Like x 1