1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin resume the last 10 years...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    What’s with all the passive aggressiveness? Look, I was born into the Steelers fan club. I’ve got much better things to do with my time than troll some random people on a Steelers board. I don’t bait people, I just speak my mind. If you don’t have the courage to engage honestly without the feminine BS then I really don’t care what you’ve got to say.

2. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I can’t argue with this logic, but would like to speculate, would this pairing have resulted in more Super Bowls if either Tomlin was a stellar game-planner strategist- it’s my way or the highway , instead of a players coach, or if Ben was more of a fit in the system and get wins, instead of the trying to be a Superstar stats guy? We will never know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Before you call me a racist, you'd better make sure you've got the right race! I don't have anything on my shoulder (sounds like you do though). What I do have is a disdain for singling someone out, good or bad, by the color of their skin. I'm out before we get this thread locked!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You've shown who you are. Peace.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Lloyd&Green

Oct 24, 2015
    What would your race have to do with anything? You could’ve responded to my comment without denying the existence of racism but you just couldn’t help yourself. Denying the existence of racism is most effective way to maintain/perpetuate it.

I know you won’t answer but I’ll ask again just to prove a point. If you don’t believe that racism in NFL hiring practices has been proven, then why do you think the team that you root for spearheaded an initiative that was supposedly created to combat racism in hiring practices?
    So have you. Somebody who’s passive aggressive and whines about a “race card”.

6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    It wasn't passive-aggression; it was direct rebuttal to the BS you spewed with your response - which of course you entirely avoided addressing while circling back to claim that I didn't have the 'courage to engage you honestly.' Really? This in itself is a laugh seeing as how you tried putting words in my mouth to create statements you would then lampoon as 'hypocritcal' and against 'anyone who's paid any attention.'

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    There's some truth to this, imho.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not talking about my race.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow! You're hitting almost all the PC cliches!

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I said in an earlier reply that I don't know if there's any discrimination in the NFL. Didja miss that?

• Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So we're just picking and choosing stats. Ben had more Tds, more yards, and more wins than any of them.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe I said record also, because honestly...I think stats are for losers. I only throw them out their cause everyone else does. W - L are all I care about, but I believe I added record, and you just missed it.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You’ll have to while on this board. You don’t have many posts so maybe you genuinely aren’t aware but those topics are off limits here.

The reason is obvious as this thread demonstrates.

Let’s just stick to football, ok. Thanks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Lloyd&Green

Oct 24, 2015
    No I wasn’t aware. It makes no sense though. You can’t have honest discussions about football without being willing and able to discuss racial politics. What NFL have y’all been watching where racial politics aren’t part of football? How can you have honest conversations about Mike Tomlin without acknowledging the elephant in the room that he’s a black head coach? This very thread is dedicated to discrediting his resume to justify saying he should be fired. Do you honestly think that him being black has no bearing in how he’s evaluated by some here? Silencing comments about race because they make some uncomfortable just gives cover and allows people to talk in code and use dog whistles. It’s downright cowardly. The lack of real true honest conversations on the issue helps it persist. Again, that seems to be the strategy though. If you don’t speak on and acknowledge the problem then you don’t have to worry about addressing it, right?

I’m not even the one who brought race up, it was another poster who referenced the Real Sports story about how black coaching candidates still feel like they’re being discriminated against almost 20 years after the Rooney Rule. It was a good story with first hand accounts. You’re telling me that football story isn’t allowed to be discussed here when it’s directly related to Tomlin?
    I suspect you sucked your teeth and rolled your neck as you typed that :biggrin:

“I got em with that one”
    That’s exactly what it was. You said something sassy about not following down a rabbit hole and I stopped reading right there. I don’t respond to sassiness.
    How could I miss that when it’s maybe the biggest lie in the thread? Whenever I hear someone saying that they don’t know if racial discrimination exists I just laugh at them because I couldn’t imagine being that spineless.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    For the most part, we managed to discuss football here without dragging race and politics into it just fine.

Try it.

• Winner Winner x 5
  16. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    He tried starting this nonsense with me months ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Stupid.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No...Him being Black has no bearing on him be evaluated here, there I answered it... I'm harder than anyone about Tomlin on here...I think he sucks and should be fired ( Rooney won't though ) Actually, I think he should have been fired a few years ago...His Embarrassing performances in big games continue to pile up...

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    How does the average fan questioning whether there’s racial discrimination help explain why there’s been little to no progress on the issue in 18 years? I presume the implication is that white owners are just as racist as their white patrons? Yes? Perhaps even more so? I mean, intentionally forsaking the yearly championship that having a minority coach virtually guarantees, is some hardcore racism.Yes? Not to mention all the prestige they could have enjoyed that goes along with being a "woke" franchise. And of course, all that money they are costing themselves, their families, host cities, and citizens because they were just too damn racist to have a "minority" running their team. Am I correct in deciphering your thoughts?

Let's turn this around on you for a second. What would you do if you were the NFL? Fine teams for not hiring minority coaches? Publicly shame or slander the team and any fans that continue to support it until they concede? Offer a higher salary cap or extra draft picks for clubs with minority coaches? That sounds good. Like an extra 2nd for each coordinator and an extra 1st for a head coach? That way we could force them to hire only minority coaches in order to keep up with the Jones'. How about we force them to sell the team, at a loss, then give all the proceeds to the charity that they most despise? In this case, probably BLM I would think, yes? How about fining or suspending NFL players who play for a team that doesn't have a minority head coach? How about, and this is my favorite, have the owners pants pulled down on live tv, and let the minority coach that he "pretended" to interview, spank his bare white butt while all the cheerleaders laugh at him? Would that work for you? Why doesn't the super woke NFL do any of these things? Oh yeah, because it's illegal.

See, unfortunately for you my good sir, we have something called freedom in this country. Well, these days, it's something resembling freedom. My advise is that if it bothers you that much, speak up by turning it off. And encourage your friends to do the same. Why do you think the NBA's ratings are worse than women's fly fishing? The majority of this country, white people, turned it off. They grew resentful of the constant accusations of being evil people, and the relentless attempts to shame and humiliate them.(Sorry, educate them) You can also use that same method. I encourage it.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No means no guys.

Listen.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.