1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben is returning to the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Feb 23, 2021.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You're probably right about that. But we have seen all 3 of the other guys in real games, at least Rudolph and Haskins, and they all have some flaws and inconsistencies that seem to be worse than Ben. Would either of them benefit and show better by getting the first team reps and being the focal point of game planning? Well, I would hope so. You're probably right that they likely won't get the chance with Ben on the roster. Either option doesn't instill confidence about the Steelers having a championship caliber offense.

I'll also add that I don't see Ben being happy not starting and would be shocked to see the Steelers bench a healthy Ben in favor of either of the other guys.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Should this whole thing fall through, this could be as big of a blunder for AR2 as Arians "retiring."

3. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Whoa, look at me, posting a message about what I am curious about of the upcoming season on a Steelers message board. If I had to make a point, it would be some people should read an entire message before making themselves look like a fool. The last sentence especially.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No if he does well it will be a miracle. The key to his success will be the Deep Ball ..Teams thought he might could hit it early in the year then 1 Team went press and the beat the Steelers Offense was born.. 5 OL can't block 6,, 7 O can't block 8 on D , 8 on O can't block 9 on D .. The point is Defenses will man up as much as they need to outside to get at least 1 more Defender in the box than the Offense has in the box..

Very hard to run against that , very hard to complete short passes almost impossible to run PA ..

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You also have to wonder if the Drops were a result of Ben not practicing down the stretch?

I hope if he comes back in 2021, someone can convince him to start practicing again. Last year it was always... DNP (NIR)

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    All this Canada luv...lol
    This guy will be lucky to last 3 years without Ben. Rudolph is just fill the gap until we draft a qb that can carry Tomlin.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely wont bench a healthy Ben but I hope they at least have the cahonas to bench an injured Ben rather than watch a repeat of what happened down the stretch last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Rudolph will never demand starter money you lunatics.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry. I'm so used 2 Randolph now....that's all I see. I swear that's how I read that, even though you didn't write it that way.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I expect him to still take Wednesdays off.