1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want Ben as our starting QB in 2021?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No

79 vote(s)
    68.1%
  1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah cause getting a Real Franchise Qb is so easy. That's why we won all those SB between The Real TB12 ,& Ben. How many years was that? So some how if we just cut Ben we will automatically get that next best guy.??? Also dont take it personally. Just grabbed you 2 Quote cause you were the closest.

3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Don't understand the logic. We're not gonna win a championship with Ben ever again so what's the point? And no I don't expect us to find another franchise QB relatively soon, will take years I'm sure. But at least you start the search now instead of fooling yourself into believing you're an upper tier team just to accommodate Ben's ego.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The main point is.....you are not getting a better Qb 4 this season. So. Why cut Him. He's still going 2 be on your cap this year. Next year....fine.
    Also You, or I don't know what the future brings. So stop pretending you do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    This organization has become so soft,and predictable..Bringing back a 39 year old QB who looked like as shell of himself..and has won 3 playoff games in TEN years!

The ole " we're the Steelers, Steelers way,stay the course, blah,blah, blah Bull**** " I just don't know when this team is gonna be relevant again... legitimately relevant!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    All yall Ben haters, better boycott the season, or better yet maybe get together and protest, and stomp your feet in acts of anger , while you hold your lil signs:roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Tomlin is a bigger problem then Ben ,
    How many of yall persnally know Ben and how big his ego is????:shrug: ..... ill wait

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m hardly a Ben hater, closer to a Ben homer during his career but I know what I saw last year and that’s what we are likely in store for next season.

I prefer they use the cap savings they’d gain by cutting him to retain a number of FA they are set to lose.

I acknowledge he is the best QB on the roster but if he plays like he did down the stretch then whats the point, you lose those FA for nothing.

Also, don’t get your hopes up yet, this is typical bad reporting by Aditi, one sided from Bens agent. We’ll find out where the Steelers stand soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    100% with Blast...Not a hater with Ben at all, It's just that he's done! You really think he has anything left? And, why in the hell did they hire Canada..Who by all accounts runs an Offense that basically is the absolute OPPOSITE of what Ben likes, or can do...

Is a now 39 year old Ben now gonna get under Center, run RPO's...RUN A SNEAK...

It just seems like nothing matches up right, or is conducive

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Agreed, keeping him is just kicking the can down the road. Why lose folks that can be beneficial for a few more years.Like the guy but it's time to go.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

ALL these thngs everyone is mentiong are just opinions everyone got them, Not a 1 of us knows what goes on behind the seens, we just assume we do.. I prefer to wait till next year to see how Ben plays, before i make a judgement, Idont remember 1 person bashing Ben when we was 11-0, but once we start losing everyone blames Ben.. WR cant catch ? Bens fault, defense cant stop anyone? Bens fault, Tomlin cant coach, Bens fault The line cant block? Bens fault,.Ever consider that Ben stayed in the shotgun because the line coudnt block?? ........ Its gona be a brand new offensive ststem next year, how do you know Ben doesnt want to, or cant run it.., lol.. The Ben Bashing just gets old.. IMO ...............

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Because BB history pretty much says what to expect next year. He's stubborn and he's not gonna change and all of a sudden fall in love with Matt Canada's offense. We'll be back to sandlot ball before you know it. Sure we don't know what goes on behind the scenes but sometimes you can read between the lines.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

And sometime not everything is what it seems:shrug:, Iguess we will find out next year if he comes back

• Like Like x 1
  14. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Ben is the man and a legend . No hate whatsoever but he’s shot to pieces. It’s not opinion that Bens decisions and mistakes cost us this season. It’s facts. His interceptions in crucial situations cost us the season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Please define what a Ben hater is. I think he should retire but have backed his azz since he left Miami, OH. So am I one because I think its in the teams best interest that we move on? How's this. I think keeping Ben hurts this team so I'll call those who want to keep Ben around Steeler Haters. Kind of petty, no?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, all this crap being written by his agent and others is just that. Posturing and negotiating tactics. Some time ago I swear I heard or read that Ben didn't care about the money. How accurate is that working out? Until I see something definitive, nothing is certain. .

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    In regards to Tomlin maybe everything isn't all that it seems. See what I did there? :hehehe:

18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Run game was worst in the league, not Ben's fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    And Ben is perfectly comfortable throwing the ball 50 times a game, also part of the problem.

20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    While he certainly wasn’t the only problem, Ben’s unwillingness (or inability) to throw downfield, play under center or use play action absolute did contribute to limiting the run game. The Steelers had the most predictable offence in the entire league, opposing defences were laughing at them by the end of the season. That is at least partly Ben’s fault.

It seems he is coming back so they need to do everything they can to improve the run game, but Ben will need to meet them halfway as well.

21. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Ben WON'T be back this season...How about that for a scoop! Something is off, And I'm calling it first...Ben won't be back, The way both sides are talking, It's like a bunch of BS, Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Pretty shocked at the poll results.

I will say, I wouldn't want Ben back at his current enormous cap hit, but of course I want him back throwing the ball.

He was considered an MVP candidate heading into November. The whole team collapsed in December, not a first .

We need a better Oline, a true RB and a playmaker on defense.

Time for Ben to give us a Brady discount, and play for around 10-12M. He's already made his money. He's already going to the HOF. But if he wants another ring, he's gotta take the discount. But from a talent perspective, There's no other QB that would be better under center than Ben .

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Ben coming back, and the Steelers taking him back, says more about Rudolph than Ben. MR is in the final year of his contract and he's not going to get a chance to show if he's worth keeping or not. Guess they've already made up their mind.

24. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    We know what the immediate future brings - they're going to watch Dupree, Hilton, Sutton, and JuJu walk, and they're going to end up replacing all these guys with stopgap stiffs like Bostic/Burnett/Moncrief/Barron, who will all be gone in 2022.

Ben's coming back to a shell of the 2020 team against the league's hardest schedule, and in order to even clear enough cap to do this, they need to push a bunch of washed up players' money into future years, the same shyte that got us into this current mess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I don't know if I'd say that. I think they were expecting BB to hang it up and thus roll with Mason. It's more of just Ben wanting to come back and this is the way it played out.

• Agree Agree x 1