1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin has Covid

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I did..... Q-tips up the nose until it tickled my brains and made my eyes water!!!!

Daughter only had a headache...... Wife flu like symptoms And lost her sense of taste/smell.....

Cajun

2. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Not really..... some is not as bad as the flu, some the same, some worse......

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    You sure that was your wife? JK

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Is 2
    Is 2 years quarantine too long?

5. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I survived Covid back in January. I wasn't going to get tested except I was aching for a couple of days which for me is a sign of the flu. For me, I'd rather have Covid-19 then the regular flu which put out of commission for 3 days. Everyone is different. The worst part of Covid-19 was the quarantine.

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I wish MT a speedy recovery. He has work to do preparing for his next non-losing season. 8-8 and no postseason, here we come!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    this is the same stupid logic y’all use to bash coaches.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    There's a difference between getting the virus and getting sick. Once we have a re-calibration of the case/hosp/death counts on the latter vs. the former, people are going to be shocked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Same thing for my son. I kept telling him to separate in their home but he took no precautions around her. He nursed her through it and he never got it or maybe got it but didn't effect him. He never got tested.

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Good luck Mike!!!! We all want to be bitching and moaning about you next season.;)

I've had the vaccine and I still have to wear the damn mask. I sure the hell hope it's not like the flu where I get a vaccine every year.

My drive me crazy Covid story: I can go to a crowded supermarket and spend hours in there if I so choose but not our local Libraries, where hardly anybody goes, only let's me stay a half hour and when your time is up it's like Nazi Germany with them telling you to go. I've taken to give the Nazi salute when I walk in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Covid is a subject that makes no sense to have (like those related to firing our HC) since no one is going to change anybody's mind on what they already think. Period. This is heading into the umpteenth thread on this virus that brings out the arm chair MD's and the stories about relative, friends, pets, you name it. Lets just say our HC has the virus and, according to the article I just read, he has minor symptoms and should be fine and that is what all should want to hear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

The stupid logic is Dr. Fraudci telling people to wear a mask then saying masks do not work then saying to wear a double mask all the while attending a ball game with no mask sitting next to a person with a mask and another with a mask around their chin. It's like the lady I saw driving in a car last week with a mask also around her chin and a cigarette in her mouth or the 400 lb. person screaming that you are endangering their well being for being around them with no mask on. They could probably tell people to walk backwards to prevent any potential oncoming germs and most people would oblige without any hesitancy.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  14. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Prayers to Coach Tomlin for a quick recovery.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’re on a Steelers message board. Let it go already.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I had in the summer. Couldn't taste anything like I used to do and coughed a lot. That was it. Wife never got it or at least didn't show any symptoms ever. I hope MT doesn't have any complications and gets well soon. No one should wish a fellow human being to suffer

17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

He removed the mask to drink water at the ball game. Oh the horror. The double mask came from the cdc almost a full year after the ballgame.When did he ever say masks don’t work? What the **** does a woman in her car with a mask on her chin smoking a cigarette have to do with anything?

18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I got it mid December...Everything was gone in 2 days EXCEPT, The coughing and pressure on my lungs.. I have COPD, And I'm still not right, hope it's not forever...

But it affects everyone differently, and it is a real thing...The underlying condition thing is what gets people...

I ended up giving it to my Wife, and it's like she had a cold for a day or two

19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    "Masks Don't Work" Dr Fauci tells the truth about masks | #debunkthisfauci

•May 9, 2020

34437SHARESAVE

upload_2021-2-23_11-12-17.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Speedy recovery Coach T.

I was fortunate (hopefully) to receive the first vaccine dose (Pfizer) this past Sunday morning. 2nd dose already scheduled for 3 weeks out. Arm sore for a few hours and nagging headache (back of head) off and on until evening. I never get headaches. No other side affects except later next day ran out of steam earlier than normal. Two good nights of long sleep - now hope to get back to normal with my 5-6 hours a night. Seems like many react more to the 2nd dose than the first. Not sure if it's in the injection composition or the body reacting again/differently to the same dosage. I'm now an official card carrying member of the compliance group. Will be interesting to see how the World alters life for those who do the vaccine vs those who don't. I think it will get real ugly universally later this year and beyond.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He said that back in March 2020 when they were just beginning to study the disease and also were trying to protect the supply of PPE to the medical community. Masks are worn not to protect you but to protect others and Fauci was talking about protecting yourself with a mask as asymptomatic spread had still not been confirmed at the time he spoke on this.

It’s amazing that even a year later there is still this disbelief of how serious this disease is. Even the former president said, in his own words, if you are the wrong person and you get this thing, you are dead. There has been 500,000 of the wrong people to date.

It’s really pathetic that every thread has to dissolve into this bs rhetoric and couldn’t just stay on point to wish Tomlin well.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    A screenshot of a YouTube video? You’re not the sharpest tool in the shed

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  24. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    :hehehe:

25. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Not a fan of the masks, but I've been trying to distance myself from a lot of people for a long time. Social distancing isn't ALL bad. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.