1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Feb 10, 2021.

1. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Juju would have topped 1,000 yards and more if they weren’t so reluctant to push the ball down the field. I really don’t understand people saying he had a bad season. He was excellent at what he was asked to do. Not his fault he was misused

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Your daddy really should have worn a rubber

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Your boy AB isn't a #1 WR anymore, I guess he's a possession WR now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I’m more of a quarter pounder guy myself! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Nah he should've pulled out.

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Let's see how he looks in a full season. And he still can get behind people.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Foosball
    That's what I heard. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Me neither. ;)

9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Saw some tweets earlier that the Steelers are looking to franchise Juju and then trade him. They want more in return than a comp pick.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What if they can't trade him, then they're stuck with his salary?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I thought it was a Snickers

12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    You can rescind a tag. Biggest issue is having the $17m available to tag him in the first place while you try to trade him. It prevents you from making other moves that you want to make and could really backfire. I say just let him go and take the comp pick

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, I heard Fullabaloni droning on and on about this as if it was the greatest concept he ever heard. He thinks it's clever asset management, but seems like a lot of BS to try and turn a compensatory third rounder into a second round pick. No way JuJu is worth a first round pick, even a low first rounder. Just let him walk.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

I think the Steelers will try to bring him back. Not sounding like JuJu is going to shoot for the moon.

Would love to see it happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Going by that tweet, that’s La Canforas idea, not the Steelers. They aren’t going to do that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Personally, I didn't understand all the Ju Ju hate over the Tik Tok stuff. I thought some of it overblown, and either way easily correctable. I'd be fine holding on to him, especially for the benefit of the next QB up (whether this year or next..) and if his salary expectations are reasonable.

As far as Ben's salary goes in impacting cap space next season, I saw where there is about a $4M difference between him gone versus kept next year (the rest of course being pushed to future void contract years).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I see there is a commercial on TV where Juju is riding a sea monster that swallows Samuel L Jackson, so Juju has a swollen ego right about now and thinks he is a superstar who will soon have a swollen bank account. Time to go.

18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Easily correctable? Yeah you know that stuff you like to do before a game and your day to day, don't do that anymore. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I have no problem with his effort and production. The kid is a fine football player. His BS this season is more an indictment of a lack of discipline and leadership more so than JuJu's failings as a person/player. Yeah, he should know better, but it's human nature to take as much rope as you are given. I think bringing him back is cap prohibitive, but if it can be done, fine. If I had a choice, I'd rather see DuPree come back. However, I think both walk.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers fans are getting worse as the years go on. Juju is a Steeler through and through. Can't believe some of you and your venom towards the guy. Hes a good guy and a good player. I want him back.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Unless the team franchise tags him, he'll be gone to the highest bidder. He's not coming back.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Agree. However, how much better could he have been, and others, if we actually had decent leadership and discipline on this team? How much rope someone takes is determined by one's maturity and knowing what is right and wrong (character) and constrained, hopefully, by the teams culture. The teams culture flows from top down and the Rooney's are pretty much hands off so the issue is front and center with who else is in charge of running the team. Until that changes, nothing else will. JMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Heard Ed Bouchette on The Fan this morning talking about Steeler UFA's and the cap. I like Ed, and trust his opinion when it comes to all things Steeler. He's been around for decades and knows the organization like the back of his hand. Basically, he confirmed what many of us have suspected since before the season ended. Any UFA's they keep will be back-ups and/or cheap players. Cam Sutton, Banner, Feiler, Hawkins, maybe Dangerfield. That's it. He was adamant that JJSS, DuPree, Williamson, Conner, Hilton, Villanueva are as good as gone. He LOL'd at the prospect of bringing in JJ Watt, and I agree. He isn't going to sign for a bargain contract to play with his brothers. He is not a good fit schematically and the Steelers simply do not have the money for what would amount to a feel good play toy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Derrick Watt wasn't a good fit for them schematically either but they still signed him anyway. Though hopefully JJ has enough sense to not entertain any offer to come here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't see Conner or Hilton getting paid to be the Starter any where.

Hilton will never be a starting CB, and Conner has proved he is not capable of being a starter. I see both players being affordable next year.