1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Feb 10, 2021.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I coudnt find the other juju thread to post so i created this one :smiley1:

For those who wants JuJu gone you may get your wish, .. I have seen a few articles where the Jets are interisted in signing him,
    Also Schefter tweeted earlier the Raiders are also interisted in him

2. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Not much question that he is gone. He will be too expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Good riddance go do some TikTok boy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Wish we could keep him. He had 900 + yards and 9 TD’s last season and was a real go-to on third down especially, all that in an offence that wasn’t throwing past the sticks at times. Does anybody honestly think the team is better off without him?

Yes some of the Social Media stuff is idiotic but he is a good teammate by all accounts and he makes plays on the field. Good luck to him wherever he ends up

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    My problem with Juju is that he's gonna get paid like a #1 or close to it but he's really a #2 receiver at best.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    The top receivers are getting $20m now, Juju isn’t getting that I don't think. He will probably get around $15m? It’s going to be too much for Pittsburgh anyway. I agree he is a very high level #2 rather than a franchise receiver and I think he knows that himself.

We should hope he gets a really nice deal, it factors in to the compensatory pick formula afaik. Ideally we’d like two additional third round picks in 2022, one for Juju and one for Bud, although with Buds injury, maybe not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Anyone want to buy a jersey?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    He will make his coin and then come back after the Jets or Raiders. lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    He averaged around 8 yards a catch for a number 1 that is horrible. Of course Ben and the pathetic offensive scheme had a lot to do with that so it’s hard for me to truly say how much we will miss him.I think he is a good slot or #2 WR but nothing more, certainly not worth the coin someone will throw at him.

11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I do not have a problem with that, owners cannot control themselves, you cannot blame JuJu or his agent for the money that will be thrown his way. Jarvis Landry has been making 13 million (give or take) on his current contract and his stats pretty much resemble JuJu's. He will likely get more than that because he is arguably the 3rd best wr in the FA market this year (Robinson and Godwin), pretty light class below those 3. So some team with a lot of cash will spend it.

12. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I agree. All things considered I think you have to let him go. I think some people are underestimating how much he may be missed on the field though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Wouldn’t it be apropos if he signs with the Browns and be another one of the gray faces on that team :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The Raiders would really be a nice fit for JuJu. With Ruggs speed, a nice TE in Waller, JuJu could really excel. I have no idea what they are thinking at QB, Carr had a really decent year, it's the D that holds them back.

15. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    If I’m the Raiders Id repair the secondary before going out signing free agent receivers. Their pass defence is a joke and it killed them down the stretch after looking like a playoff team for a while.

I have always thought that the best fit for Juju is Miami, they have a definite need for a good slot receiver to help Tua out. They really only have Parker at WR, and Gesicke at TE, and no running game. Both of the New York teams could certainly use him as well.

There are some really good receivers like Robinson, Golladay, Davis, Godwin and Fuller hitting free agency though, so teams have lots of choices. Even guys like AJ Green, Ty Hilton and AB will have a market, even though they are a bit older.

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The interest from the Jets, might be from Sam Darnold as he and JuJu played together at USC. JuJu also said once he would liked to have Darnold as a Steeler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    He's a #1 1/2 to me. If he goes anywhere with a solid WR on the other side he's going to look great

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    You still think Washington is a starter? I wish we keep JuJu but think he goes for the money. Miami hsve any $$$ for players?

19. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I honestly don’t mind a DJ Claypool and Washington 3 wide look I think if they can catch the damn ball that could be a solid unit. Now of course it depends on how bad Bens downfield throws look and maybe more importantly how bad the OL and running game are.

Oh and if we still run the same BS 3 yard slant and out offense it won’t matter who the WRs are this offense will be puke.

20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Lets just put the Juju threads to rest, he will not be donning Black & Gold next season...

21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I don't see that happening. I would like to see him return but am doubtful.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was hoping we could find room for him, I am doubtful that him Joe Hayden, JC and others are long gone.
    Looks like he may stay in the AFC division also.

23. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    He’ll wind up getting around $15 million a year and he’s worth it. Not a number 1, but a great number 2 who reliably makes catches in any part of the field. The Steelers will miss him. He’s not their flashiest receiver, but he’s easily the most reliable one. Likely the only reliable one at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  24. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I’m too sorry to look it up, but did any WR have a decent average with that dink and dunk offense we ran?

25. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Which makes him a #2 at best. A true #1 demands double teams and doesn’t need anyone else to make them great. Not saying juju is bad he just isn’t a #1