1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cap may not crash

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ve been a little skeptical that the owners would let this happen and allowing their teams to be decimated by FA losses. Steelers aren’t the only ones in cap hell.

On the other hand, if the worst case scenario does happen and lots of mid range FA’s are available because of it, the Steelers may be able to pick up some good talent and not be solely dependent on the draft.

Either way, I don’t think the Steelers are in as dire a situation as people have been fearing.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I thought by adding another game would soften the blow cap wise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That game is nest year. The added p/o game was supposed to add revenue as well, that may lesson the blow somewhat.

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Probably not a good year to be a free agent. Not like free agency wins any SBs anyway. :shrug:
    Marsha is a goat this year...:wave:

5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I have felt all along that they might do a deal to smooth over the issue.

That said, it’s only really a big issue for a small number of teams. The rest are under the proposed cap or could easily get under it with a few roster moves. For that reason a lot of the owners will be a bit indifferent to the issue, and dare I say it, may welcome a drop and the potential to pick up a few bargains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Owners took a hit this year in revenue. The decrease in cap benefits the owners. Some teams will manage the cap better than others, as they always do. I dont see why the owners would cut a deal. It's a level playing field, and most owners will probably opt for a decrease in player salary, to help mitigate 2020 losses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree. I don’t think enough owners will support something like this unless they get a concession or two from the players that puts even more money into their own pockets. Something like if $20 million per team is borrowed for the 2021 cap, the future year caps are reduced by a total of $25 million.