1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jesse James

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s likely to be cut in Detroit. He hasn’t come close to his production that he had with the Steelers and they could save a few million by cutting him.

With Vance gone, they could use another TE. Don’t really think they have anything behind Ebron. He might not want to come back though, I remember him saying he was happy to get away from the drama.

I’d also spend a draft pick on a TE.

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I didn't want him to leave but the brass was not going to pay up to keep him. I would welcome him back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    All about the $$$$. It’s a need with Vance gone, and he was a decent player for the Steeler’s. I don’t really care what he said on his way out, different team now.

What were Detroit thinking with that contract they gave him!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Well, he did score that big TD against the Patriots.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If he signs for the vet minimum, then yes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Hard to believe he is only 26. He is a capable nr 2. TE, would not mind having him back, especially given our lack of depth.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Ehhhhhhhh...Was never a Fan...Weak, couldn't block, And when he did catch it...He was so slow that he caught it and fell down basically

• Like Like x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    No thank you. Ebron, rader, gentry, draft pick for a year. Rader and gentry are going into the third year. Usually when the light really goes on. Hit on a rookie and move on from the retreads.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This. The dude isn't athletic at all. We need a good move TE that can stretch the field and block occasionally.
    Besides, very little has changed about this team. We still have Ben, who is always drama and we have a coach who allows players to do whatever they want. I can't see him wanting to come back, which is a mutual feeling as far as I'm concerned

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I didn’t know he was still playing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, I don’t care what he said either, he was right but not sure he’d want to come back.

He did a good job for us while he was here, definitely a good #2.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Gentry is terrible

If cheap would like JJ back

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Unless Kyle Pitts or Pat Freiermuth (mid to early Day 2) is available, I would not mind signing Outlaw back again. Definitely a solid number two to have on the team for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think they will be going RB in rd 2. Unless they skip Oline in the first, then that will likely be the 2nd pick.

Depending on how the board unfolds of course.

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indubitably.

Keep in mind that Nelson's contract expires in 2022. That said, would not mind to see if they acquire a CB at some point. Still hoping on Jaycee Horn as the team has been going in that direction for a while now with their First Round picks (with the exception of Minkah Fitzpatrick if you want to count him).

17. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    While we are talking about reconciling with ex’s what about BJ Finney? He may be a cap casualty and I’d welcome him back. A Steelers homer that can be plugged in any position on the OL and he will deliver

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I always liked BJ's.......Er, I mean BJ

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Who?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we never got to see much of him before the injury. i think rader will be the better of the two if used. they have kept him around for a couple of years now. depends on what a new TE coach can do with these guys. JJ didnt do much here or in troit.:cool:

21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I would like to avoid recycling old players that we got rid of or left for some reason or another. I look at it as what did they do while they were here that we can't live without now? We haven't had much post season success over the past decade with the players we've had, why the urge in bringing them back? Someone will inevitably say 'they may be able to turn it around' this time. Besides, what the organization is going to do, they'll do anyway so why speculate? They are about 10 moves ahead of where we think they are in the big scheme of things. LOL

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He didn’t do much in Detroit but he had 423 yards and 2 TD’s his last season here. Pretty good for a #2.

23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

I agree with you on Jesse James. The Steelers need to find a better TE than James. Ebron is a receiving TE. The Steelers need a TE that blocks and receives. With Ebron, defenses can blitz from where he lines up, because first if he vacates the area to run a route, the lane is open. And second, he is easily beat in one-on-one matchups.

If the Steelers are ten moves ahead of where we think they are in the big scheme of things, they are still tens steps behind where they need to be.

1. Even when they were 11-0 the offense did not have balance and consistency. There is a lot of work to be done in this area.
    2. The cap is going to be less than last year and important players are hitting free agency that need to be signed or replaced.
    3. The schedule goes from one of the easiest to one of the hardest.
    4. Figuring out the coaching staff.
    5. Decision on Roethlisberger.
    6. Signing TJ Watt and Fitzpatrick to long term contracts.
    7. Rebuilding the offensive line
    8. Depth on defense.
    9. The draft.
    10. Front office leadership transition. Colbert is going one year at a time. Art II is 68 years old.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Sounds like Ebron

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would be all for JJ coming back. He made a lot of the clutch catches that Heath used to make, particularly on 3rd down. He was a great safety net for Ben. I dont think he wants to come back, but if he is willing, and the price is right, I'd be all for it.

• Agree Agree x 1