1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the NFL protect its players

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Kreighoff, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Mahommes was knocked out and concussed does the NFL take head shots seriously or do they turn their heads and let him play.
    If he was a boxer he wouldn't be allowed to fight for 6 to 8 weeks.
    I am guessing their star QB makes an amazing recovery and somehow he was not concussed, all in the name of ratings .

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That is an interesting question. I would think Bill fans are really hopeful now if he can't play. I would like to talk to a Bill fans and tell them some stories of how Steeler fans were so confident when they were playing back-up QB's and what happened but wait a minute Mike Tomlin doesn't coach the Bills so they should be ready if it's not Mahomes.

My vote: Mahomes is under center Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If he passes the protocol, he'll play. If not, he won't. Not everything is some big conspiracy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I didn't think it was a head shot, but more of the ground getting him, either way, you wanna be a running QB in the NFL you gotta expect to get popped good every once in a while

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Check out the slow mo. He never really hits his head, he was choked momentarily they said and blacked out. Andy Reid said he was passing protocols after the game.

I’m in KC for what it’s worth not guaranteeing local coverage is more accurate

• Like Like x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I heard a report yesterday (cannot confirm) that Mahomes mother tweeted that the player should have been thrown out of the game LMAO. I saw no helmet to helmet, it looked like when he came down his forehead or face made have hit the ground. If he was choked it did not look intentional, just natural movement as the play progressed.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Mothers are all irrational when it comes to their kids
    Was definitely a clean play

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I think he will play I just question the protocol. He looked like he was knocked out if he was a boxer or mma fighter he would not be able to fight for a number of weeks.

I heard the choked theory that takes a lot more time to put someone out with a choke.
    It was funny to hear Reid say Pat was injured he hurt his um er he had the wind knocked out of him.
    I have had the wind knocked out of me I might of barked like a seal trying to get my breath but I didn't have spaghetti legs.

I understand the players want to play and the team wants them to play and the league wants their best on the field. I just think the reality of it all is the league and the teams treat the players like they are an asset to be used up until they are disposable. The players on the other hand would lie through their teeth to not miss a playoff game.

10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019