1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The whole afc north ....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Jan 16, 2021.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We're frauds ... Exposed ... Wow!! Good records but not good teams. I didn't think this could be possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Ravens will beat up bad / average teams all season, but once the playoffs arrive Lamar is always going to come up short. He can’t take over a game with his arm the way all great QB’s do, he just can’t.

I hope theRavens pay him big this off season.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    If they extend lamar that's one less team in the north to worry about lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The worst of that is the Browns may be the closest to legit in the division.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I thought he was a little better this year but point taken. Im going to peak on some of the Ravens boards if they have the same feeling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I like Lamar, but the moment you pay him $30m a year he becomes a liability more than an asset. I hope the Ravens keep him for the next decade.

Same with Faker, pay him and watch the quality around him drop because of cap issues. It’s not that far away either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Well, we did play the NFC East this year ....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Browns are still alive. This thread goes up in smoke if they pull the upset.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Where is all the ...we need a guy that can run like L. Jackson guys at??? Think it will get much better after they have 2 pay him? ...and lose all those top free agents...they grabbed the last 2 years. 3 points LoL

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Even if they did, they can't get past the next team they have 2 face.

11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They won't. Remember, the Steelers make teams look like superbowl champs and then the next week when they play a bonefide team. They look like super chumps. Back to reality.

12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Just don't let AB, or LevBell get a ring, please!!!

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Oddly, I'm kind of rooting for that to happen.:help:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014

1. Chiefs fans are pretty bad after winning that ring... like beyond cocky after not doing anything for 60 years lol.

2. yeah don’t want bell winning a ring haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree. That why when they show a highlight of someone doing something, they love 2 show against the Steelers. 4 instance that Hopkins Td catch against us ....They love 2 show it....YET they lost that game....I believe it was their only td.?.?....in that game.

16. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Lamar Jackson has great legs but that is it. He isn't close to consistent throwing the ball at all. The reason most teams avoid running QBs is that eventually hits will pile up and the legs will fade sooner than an arm. When Lamar is forced to throw he doesn't do very well, he was the same in college, nothing has changed. You already can see that Lamar has probably hit his ceiling, every year the legs will get a little more worn. In 5 years the Ravens will be looking for a new QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So making the playoffs makes you a fraud?
    The only thing fraudulent around here are your posts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I disagree, Jackson is still a very young QB and can only get better. They just ran into a better team in Buffalo that had a defensive scheme to stop what the Rats do.

Neither team excelled on offense, pretty good defensive game though. Some folks hate mobile QBs but they are here to stay. The QBs left in the playoffs are all somewhat mobile except for Brady.

19. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Making the playoffs doesn't make a team a fraud. It's not about how good you are/were as a team. It's about how well you play as a team.

Only one team gets to win the Superbowl every year. Just because a team didn't win a championship didn't make that team's season a complete failure.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Also, check his college stats. He won The Heisman Trophy and had very good passing ratings and yards in college. Don't let your disdain for mobile QBs blind you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I can point to a few reasons why the Ravens loss. Ravens didn't convert on the opportunities they had. FG kicker missed. Pick 6. Ravens hurt themselves with several penalties.

Teams are not going to win many games losing the battle for turnovers and making mistakes regardless of the opposition.

22. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    True dat, similar to what we did against the Browns. Mistakes will kick your azz.

23. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I'm with you on this zcoop.

Not necessarily that Jackson will get better, but that QBs these days need to have some mobility. The days of standing still in the pocket are gone. Also, despite what most people think regarding running QBs, I saw an analysis that showed they have no greater tendency to get hurt than pocket QBs. The conclusion was that whether a QB ran or not they still took big hits with the only difference being where on the field. Some QBs, running or not, are just better at avoiding big hits than others.

24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Maybe i'm in the minority but I feel all the other three, the clowns, crows and bungles stock is up. Open your eyes and take off the Black & Gold glasses. Our team is going to be a shell next season. But hey, Ben's coming back...

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Even when we were 11-0 ... if you would be honest with yourself. We were not the best team in the nfl (Paper champions)This is when we destroyed Cindy, browns, and beat ratbirds twice. Our strength was in our defense. And, when Bush and bud went down and then their replacements. Tomlin calling defensive plays. We were doomed. The offense underperformed the majority, if not, the entire season.