1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So, you think Mike Tomlin should be fired?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 08SteelCurtain, Dec 14, 2020.

1. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

Agree, team.needs to open up the windows n let in a boatload of fresh air from Tomlin n entire staff, IMO

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Are you a franchise that is known for Super Bowl titles or never having a losing season? Made it simple for you, tool.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You can be both. Like the Steelers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Great coaches adjust their schemes to their talent; first 5 years, Tomlin had a great offense. Last 3 years, great defense. Those 8 years, how many SB titles? 1, with team Cowher built. Since then
    Super Bowl titles, like the Steelers used to be; never having a losing season, like the Steelers are now. The standard is the standard, bit the standard has been lower for the last 10 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Tomlin?! Unlikely to be.

Fichtner?!

BETTER BE!!!!

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok if you don't fire Tomlin, I want the best OC and DC around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    The Steelers need to look only 2 miles across the river to see what firing a stale coach can do for a franchise. Bylsma and Tomlin both won championships in 2009, both after taking over loaded rosters with superstar leaders. Look at what both franchises have done since. One franchise took a proactive approach, while the other has taken the "standard is the standard" approach.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think offense needs to be overhauled. If Ben wants to be part of it, that is cool ... if not, that is cool too.

Tomlin can stay though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I'll play. Why should Tomlin stay? He will not be fired, but why should he stay? I thought Tomlin had improved as a coach after the AB drama, but I was wrong. The Steelers were nowhere near to playing sound fundamental football, even at 11-0. When fundamentals are not executed, that is the responsibility of the head coach. Those saying the possibility of 0-6 was real were not too far off. I said I would see how Tomlin handled adversity before passing judgement on this season. Tomlin did not handle adversity well at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    He should be given an ultimatum. Clean house by getting rid of the stale coaches or else walk

11. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    There has been too many times through out the tears that Tomlin's teams have played uninspired and with out urgency. Maybe Tomlin is too "cool" for his own good. The whole team including the coaching staff sucked Sunday but guess what, they still got paid. I think its time for a change. I want a head coach with some passion and not a "players coach". Do what your paid to do or your gone. Tomlin has over stayed his visit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No playoffs for 2 years until this year...3 years ago sa huge favorite at Home, and get blown tf out by Blake ****in Bortles...This year ELEVEN and 0, Play the Clowns at Home, They have 3 OL out, 2 top CB's, No HC, or practice, and get blown tf out...

Ya, GREAT Coach ! Lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What coach is coming in off the street that is going to do any better? I sure can't think of one.

This game and the Jags game is similar in the fact that injuries to the front of seven of our defense killed our ability to stop the run. Injuries killed our season, plain and simple.

Maybe we should have backups that play better. Who is that on exactly? Kevin or Mike?

14. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't believe he should be fired. Unfortunately, he needs to make personnel changes. Starting with the QB, OC and DC. I am in not way comparing him to Noll, but as great as Noll was there was a time to let go of legacy and sentimental relationships. It was hard to let go of so many great players who brought 4 Lombardi's at that time. Franco Harris was the first to go, but that was only due to his agency demanding a high salary for a RB who was about to break Jim Brown's record. While that was a big deal and the Steelers would have loved to have him do it in Black-n-Gold, but his skills were severely diminished at that time.

With all of that said, keep Tomlin. See how well he rebuilds with a new QB before we can decide if it is his time to go.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    As you all know, Tomlin has never had a losing season, so I think the only way he gets fired is if he has back to back losing seasons.

Like 7-9 and 6-10, consecutively.

Short of this happening he's not going anywhere.

16. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    You mean like they fired Cowher in 2000?

17. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He won't but if I remember correctly his contract was not extended. Next year will be his last is my guess.

18. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Yes and they should steal Urban Meyer from Jacksonville.

19. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Hard pass. Hardest pass in the world. He’s left like 3 jobs because of stress and health problems. We will not help him become less stressed

(I wouldn’t actually hate it if we replaced MT and it was him, but him leaving three jobs for health issues is thing)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Sanders and Brown both had around 18 catches each for the year. That was TOMLIN’s fault. You do realize they came out in the same draft. Also Brown developed faster yet like you said Sanders played first in the super bowl. Why you ask well I will tell you Sanders played first because he was a 3rd rounder. Brown didn’t play much because he was a 6th rounder. Tomlin didn’t base his decision on talent/ability. Otherwise a slow guy like Randle el would have been cut

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or maybe Brown came from a small school, and needed time to develop, AB made himself great but you're acting like he was that same player as a rookie :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    silly exccercise if you ask me.. Gone now please.. Thanks. Signed majority of Steeler fans.

23. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    He saved the championship game against the Ravens. Are you seriously trying to say Mike Wallace , Hines ward and render el were all better that year. Maybe brown wasn’t a number 1. However you are saying BROWN should have been #5 or possibly practice squad (possibly stolen by another team)

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Brown didn't do squat his rookie year, you're clueless if you think he should've been playing over those other guys.

25. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Come on. AB was nothing more than a special teams weapon who made one very spectacular play in the postseason that year. Stop it

You can’t put it on Tomlin that he didn’t predict in 2010 that AB would be a perennial All-Pro years and years later

• Agree Agree x 1