1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Offseason moves, thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wasn’t expecting Sarrett but I’m glad, line was awful. He’s certainly no Munch.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Honestly, I don't know. I just think the offense needs a completely new look.
    I don't like anyone attached to the shotgun handoff they ran over and over with a zero percent success rate.
    I liked some of the motion plays they ran earlier in the year, if that was Canada's doing. The short yardage fullback dive they ran against the Browns looked like something too(the first time they ran it, running it on back to back drives was asinine).

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think if they go outside the organization and don't go with Canada, I think it signals that they are moving on from Ben.

I just can't see Ben and a new guy together for one season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The motion plays were Canadas influence. There was an article, maybe by Kaboly or one of those guys that for some reason they got away from the things Canada was injections into the offense. Maybe Ficht or Ben didn’t like it but the offense was running better when they were using that stuff.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I thought I remembered reading about those motion plays being his idea, or someone mentioned it in one of the GTD's.
    I'll look for the article you mentioned.
    Finally, something positive to think about. (Steelers-wise anyway).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Dotson thanks the fans.

With him and Banner on the line next year, plus DD, I don’t think it’s as dire as some think. Have to find a good center though.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Matt Canada's offense is 100% different than we seen.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It can't be worse, I know that much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Wow does he stink that bad that it's emanating?

12. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Is it bad that I've literally been lurking for so long. Just realized its been since 2019 that I've posted... yet I read the site every week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah wow, I remember you! Welcome back or guess I should say welcome to posting again.

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Creed Humphrey please!!!

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    He was tops on my list. That guy never came off a coach despite being Munch's assistant.

16. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    As we are today, could this be the line: T Banner/Okafur G Dotson/Decastro C Hassenour?

I think Decastro returns to form if Canada becomes OC.

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I wouldn't mind Canada but I hope the Steelers don't settle. There's some interesting candidates out there. Imagine if we could land Jim Caldwell or Chiefs QB coach Kafka?

18. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I apologize in advance if this was posted...Gotta love Chanting that Long Snapper name...couldn't resist Sorry...Im showing myself out the door and will be sure lock it.

Steelers sign 13 to Reserve/Future contracts

Jan 14, 2021 at 04:00 PM
    [​IMG]
    Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

With the offseason officially underway the roster moves have already begun.

On Monday the Steelers signed 13 players to Reserve/Future contracts. Most of them were already on the team's practice squad, 11 in total, including tight end Kevin Rader, who had been elevated from the practice squad to the Active/Inactive roster for the regular season finale against the Browns and the Wild Card Round game.

Others signed include: wide receiver Anthony Johnson, wide receiver Cody White, offensive tackle Anthony Coyle, offensive tackle Brandon Walton, safety John Battle, linebacker Tegray Scales, defensive tackle Demarcus Christmas, defensive end Calvin Taylor, punter Corliss Waitman, long snapper Christian Kuntz, offensive tackle John Leglue and cornerback Trevor Williams.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Damn it, this one bothers me. Defense was noticeably better after they brought Austin in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Wait for it. The other shoe might drop.

21. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    So why is Butler staying when Tomlin had his replacement queued up? Think Art Rooney nix it. Austin probable thought he had it bagged and oops Kieth gets a stay.

22. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    If he focused on football as much tic tock BS, he would be a really valuable contributor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Does Randy being gone influence Ben to come back or not?

24. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I think they should move on from Ben. I think Ben should want to move on as well, given what he will have to work with next year. He has nothing left to prove and will be getting knocked around on a team that will not sniff the playoffs. From the Steelers side, they need Ben to retire to see what they have with Rudolph.

To answer your question, I think the Steelers are saying if you come back, you will work with who we hire or you can choose to walk. Or, the Steelers might just have the Troy Polamalu chat with him.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don’t know. Not like they haven’t let go of coordinators that came off good seasons, Haley, Arians.

If Tomlin is calling the defense and Austin was assistant DC coach, what the heck does Butler do.