1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could this be Ben's last game in a Steeler Uni?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Jan 3, 2021.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    If Ben stinks it up and we lose to the Browns how does he come back from that? Mason easily wins that game today with starters. Seeing us complete deep passes was a little shocking and kind of made me realize Ben is having more issues than I understood. Im thinking Ben will be monumentally embarrassed if he doesn't make the clowns look like they pretenders the are.

I will say the play calling was also a joke at times...the OC put Mason in some impossible situations and for the most part he handled it well. Watching a different QB made 2 things really stand out to me...

- We need a new OC. The play calling is garbage. This system is not working for Ben and it hurt Mason. I really hope they just give Ben the playbook next week.

- Ben's arm strength is a problem and I think it has effected Ben's decision making. Mason looked more accurate and confident on most of his passes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Big if for me.

Big Ben showed out in the second half against Indy when he essentially took command of the play calling by himself. In addition, he had the week off to rest; a much needed one for him if you ask me. Big Ben will not be the issue should we lose to Cleveland.

The Defense's inability to stop the run will be. That said, we shall see as that is a big if.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think there is a chance that Ben retires but not for the reasons suggested.

The team has 18 pending free agents iirc, they will probably keep some of them but will also have to make some cuts. Whatever happens the Super Bowl window is closed and Ben will surely know it. The team is facing a bit of a rebuild, what is he coming back for? It won’t be a championship run anyway, I can tell you that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Will be Big Bens last game only if he retires.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben ain't leaving that stack on the table.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He has a chance to win another Superbowl. He's not going down without a fight. He has great receivers but needs a better running game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    what if they win and retires?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Trade Ben to a NFC team

• Like Like x 1
  11. TimesUp

TimesUp Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    We can all pray.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Do you blame him? Got to git dem Benjamins!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    No, don't think it will be his last game as a Steeler.

14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Ben has 4 more games to play this season.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Hilarious x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think they need to look for a QB this draft regardless if he comes back for another season or retires.

16. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Actually what I was suggesting is he could retire or the steelers end his contract due to $ .

It’s happened to many great HOF QB’s . If we lose to the browns it makes either scenario a possibility.

17. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    He has great WR’s?

18. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That will be up to Ashley id imagine when they have that heart to heart once the seasons over and she's wearing a negliche!! ;):hehehe:

19. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Would you walk away from 30 mil on the table? I just don't see him retiring no matter how this season ends.

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Does Mason win the game with the starters? I'm not so sure.

We weren't missing that many pieces to be honest. It was only 4 players we sat. Everyone played for the most part. It wasn't like we sat 8 or 9 guys on offense and 8 or 9 on defense.

A lot of people here still feel good we only lost by 2 to the Browns because we had our "JV Team" in there, but I don't. The result could be very similar.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2021
    Can we get Munchak back?

22. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2021
    I totally agree, but don’t waste an early round pick on one...

23. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    So instead try and find that hidden gem in the 5th round? Because that works SO often right? If we want to find a franchise QB, we're going to have to use a 1st or 2nd round, its not a guarantee of course, but but your odds are much better the higher a player is taken. I REALLY want to the Steelers to take Kyle Trask. Loved what I saw out of this kid in Florida and really think he could be the future of our franchise. He won't be there in a later round, going to have to spend the #1 on him.

24. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2021
    I haven’t seen enough yet, but have yet to see a “franchise QB” in this draft outside of Trev and Fields who will be going top 2. Unless we trade up to a top 5 spot, we’re better off taking a longshot this year and signing a FA or waiting for 2022 to make the franchise QB pick. Looking at next year’s schedule it could be possible we’re sitting in a spot to get a top QB, but at 29-32, fat chance.

25. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2021
    Its also somewhat of a unique year, not much publicity for small school gems like there was when we got Ben. So who knows what you can get in the mid rounds.

• Agree Agree x 1