1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky- Most memorable STEELER game..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Myronwemissyinz, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I was at the first game Noll won as the steeler's coach in 1969 Warren Bankston I believe scored the winning touchdown. It was the first game of the Steelers I ever got to see so I remember it well.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bacarty2

Bacarty2 Active Member

Oct 29, 2018
    week 3
    2016 At the Eagles

3. Jimboinaz

Jimboinaz Active Member

Dec 24, 2020
    My most memorable Steeler game was the AFC Championship against on January 7, 1979, against Bum Phillips and the Houston Oilers. It was a cold rainy nasty day and there were icicles hanging from the goal posts. The Steelers routed the Oilers 34-5 and I was sitting in the Allegheny Club. Midway through the 3rd quarter the large windows to the club starting fogging up and all of us inside were chanting "defrost, defrost, defrost". The game was such a rout that we were planning our trip to the SB the entire 2nd half.

4. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Super Bowl X. Swann’s catch and Lambert body slamming Cliff Harris.

5. tylerlikesthesteelers

tylerlikesthesteelers Member

Dec 29, 2020

6. tylerlikesthesteelers

Dec 29, 2020
    Actually
    the first NFL weekend back since the 9-11 attacks was 9-23-2001.

7. tylerlikesthesteelers

Dec 29, 2020
    Pittsburgh beat Cincinnati in the Wild Card Round in 2005 not Cleveland.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Joe Greene’s first game as well.

I think I might also have been at that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I have been to two Steelers Superbowls.
    Steelers vs. Seattle in Detroit
    Steelers vs Arizona in Tampa
    Neither were as good as the AFC Champion game when we beat the Ravens to advance to the Super Bowl in Tampa. Superbowls are great but they have a different crowd. The NFL does not and cannot cater to one team so the feeling is very neutral with a lot of fans at the game more for the experience and not to cheer for a particular team. The AFC Champion game was a whole different level. Massive game against our biggest rival at Heinz Field. The crowd was absolutely insane. The hitting in that game was viscous much of it done by the Steelers. The Limas Sweed Block and Heath Miller blowing up the defender on the same play. Ryan Clarks hit on Maghee. The best of all though was the Troy Polamalu Interception for a TD. It was just awesome to see the players do this at home against their arch rivals and share in the experience with them. The energy that day was electric.

• Like Like x 2
  10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    wow, hard to say! I was at Big Ben's first game in B-More, when Tommy Gun's career ended.

I was at the Vick Show in Pittsburgh, overtime - i forget if we tied or lost but watching him run all over us was sickening.....and amazing! what year - not 100% sure, he was a Rookie, I think.

11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
  12. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Steelers vs. Ravens in Baltimore, December 5, 2010. Both teams were 8-3 and looking to take over the division. I took my 20 year old son, who was a college heavyweight wrestler. He wore a Troy Polamalu jersey over his coat and the Ravens fans called him "fat Troy" with various additional expletives the entire game. It was Ben's first game in Baltimore after all the stuff. When he came out on the field they were chanting, "No means no," so loud that it shook the Inner Harbor. I mean it was unbelievably loud! The Ratbirds broke Ben's nose which sent the stadium into a frenzy. Then the Ravens scored early and led the entire game. The Ratbird fans delighted in berating us. The Steelers kicked a field goal to draw within 10-6 early in the 4th Quarter. Then, Troy strip sacked Flacco with less then four minutes to go and Woodley recovered it at the 10. With all of Baltimore screaming at him, Ben came onto the field. He avoided a big first down sack by pulling away from Suggs and pitching the ball forward. On 3rd down Ben checked down to Isaac Redmon who broke two tackles and scored to put the Steelers in front. The Steeler defense held for an awesome victory. Anger, vitriol, food, and beer rained down upon my son and I! He stood up, turned around and faced the Ratbird fans. He spread both his arms wide, welcoming the barrage of hatred. It was glorious!

• Like Like x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have the same memory minus the Allegheny Club

I was sitting in peanut heaven looking like a frozen goal post

If I have the right game Bradshaw slid about 15 yards in the slop on one play