1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst movies ever!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Stone, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The Deer Hunter 1978:

The movie depicts a strong Russian presence in Pittsburgh.

The boys drive an hour or so from Pittsburgh and end up in snow covered Rocky Mountains.

The boys shoot at what I "think" was a Red Stag deer which doesn't exist in the USA.

The movie depicts a theme of "Russian Roulette" during Vietnam...... which wasn't a thing during that war.

The Revenant 2015:

For anyone who knows which end of a gun to hold, or anyone who has ever had to be outdoors in cold weather, this movie was an abortion! DiCaprio does sooooo many things wrong.

He shoots multiple times in a five second period with a cap and single shot ball pistol which takes 30-45 seconds to reload.

He is fighting hypothermia in bitter cold weather yet he wears all of his clothing into a frigid river to catch a fish.

Let's hear yours.......

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Dante's Peak:

A lake becomes so acidic that it eats through an aluminum boat... but there's fish floating in the water and Piece Brosnan wraps his hand in a t- shirt which protects him from said acid.

Don't get me started on them outrunning a pyroclastic flow... The rest of the movie didn't get any better.

3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    If we're talking actual worst movies ever, as an MST3K fan, it's easily Manos: Hands of Fate. It's barely tolerable even with MST3K treatment, and without it, is easily the worst thing I've ever seen, with far too many reasons to list.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hard Rain (1998) with Christian Slater, Ed Asner, Morgan Freeman etc. The movie that couldn't end fast enough and non-believeable throughout. Plan 9 (considered perhaps the worst made film of all time) ran circles around this awful flick.

Now Jerry Seinfeld thought Schindler's List was worst, Elaine's was English Patient but George's and Kramer's favorite was Rochelle, Rochelle. (LOL)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Torgo!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The Perfect Storm! Also, In the a heart of the Sea!

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I get that movies have problems but to see movies like Deer Hunter, Revenant and Perfect Storm on a worst movies list is nit picky.

If you think those are the worst, or even bad, I challenge you to watch Battlefield Earth.

By far, the worst movie of all time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Battlefield Earth is a good one. That was about as bad as you can get for a true Hollywood big budget movie. I have it with the Rifftrax treatment ( former MST3K guys), and it’s so much more fun that way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2020-11-21_15-47-13.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Never watched/ heard of Battlefield earth, might have to chek it out Kodi now lol

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I als have to add "Caddyshack II"

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I dare you :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    It transcends nit picky and enters insane territory.

“Hostel” for me. It’s chock full of hot naked women and I can’t even enjoy it on that level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    So, much of the focus here is on bad movies, as in movies that are meant to be good, but are just plain awful. In that category, I would enter the Twilight series as the worst of the worst. I've only been able to watch them with the RiffTrax (MST3K) treatment. Even then, they were tough to get through.

But what about "bad" movies that are meant to be bad, and are amazingly entertaining as a result? Movies like:

RoboGeisha

The Story of Ricky

Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl

And the granddaddy of them all, Tokyo Gore Police. Here's a scene

I own all of these and many more. My friends and I used to do bad movie nights and enjoy these types of gems with pizza and booze.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    In case anyone is interested, MST3K is continuing with their Turkey Day Marathon this year. There will be 12 hours of MST3K, like when they were on Comedy Central and Sci-Fi. You can get info on how to stream at www.mst3k.org

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Sounds fun, but my wife would kill me. I don't understand how she can't see the humor in MST3K.

By the way, I think I had asked about the guitar in your avatar at one point and you didn't know the origin. This looks like it.

I play guitar - badly - and have been thinking about getting this for my home office wall.

• Like Like x 1
  18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    No doubt about the nitpicky stuff. Battlefield Earth was terrible. Redline, Showgirls, and catwoman were all equally as bad.

19. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    agree with Deer Hunter. Worst depiction of the vietnam war next to Apocalypse now. Both horrible movies

20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, although I play guitar and have several electrics and several acoustics, the one in the avatar is not actually mine.

For some reason the picture you posted is showing up is a broken image for me right now.

21. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    "Kings Ransom", Anthony Anderson was in it. That movie is straight trash.

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Interesting. I should be a link to an Amazon page. You can go to Amazon and search for Steelers Guitar and find it. $499.

23. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    It's showing now, not sure why I couldn't see it before.

That's pretty cool, I had no idea you could buy one. I assumed it was custom made when I found the picture.

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I guess there should be categories, maybe I should say "most ignorant"?

I realize that being a hunter, and ex-military, and a gun lover, that I key in on things that a lot of people don't care about.

What irritates me is when a movie has a big name cast and a big budget, but the director is so clueless about real life (outside of Hollywood) that it ruins the movie. Deer Hunter won 5 academy awards and was nominated for 4 more.....and the entire plot and basis of the movie was a joke.

It's like when someone shoots 27 times with a revolver that can only hold six bullets.

Or when a car is in multiple successive crashes and in the next scene the car is brand new.

Or when a sniper with a high powered, scoped, rifle which could shoot a quarter at 200 yards ...... is completely hidden, giving him the element of surprise, shoots and misses the good guy from 200 yards and the good guy drops to the ground, pulls out his pistol and kills the sniper......with a gun that can't shoot that far and couldn't hit a barn at 100 yards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The problem I have with Perfect Storm is that no one knows what happened to, and on, the Andrea Gail. Hollywood just made up dialogue. Captain of a fishing boat apologizing for his decision? Please.............