1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Positives from Bengals game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I know there aren't many, but I just want to point out Snell played really well last night. I felt he should have gotten the ball way more often.

Also, he did really well with dump off passes form Ben, I thought the word was he can't catch, but he clearly can. We need more RB flares and dump off passes in this offense.

Also, I think part of the reason we played better in the second half on offense was because Vance was out there. Vance is a true TE, who can give you something in terms of blocking. I saw he had a nice rub route (pick?) where he cleared out space for another receiver for a big gain. I think we have been missing that sort of stuff all year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Aside from Snell's running, there was tj watt's play...... After that, the only real positive is that it's over

3. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Snell had an average game by NFL standards (18 rushes for 84 yards 1 TD, 3 catches for 23 yards) but for the Steelers, who prior to last night didn't break 50 yards rushing combined as a team in any of the past 4 games, he looked like frickin' Derrick Henry

Remember the days when Le'veon would put up 100+ rushing and add another 50-70 receiving with a pair of scores? Sad how far we've fallen from past Steelers rushing attacks of old....

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And they won nothing with Bell

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    We won playoff games. Think we'll do that with Snell as starter?

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Snell looked good, Diontae didn't drop passes, the media was praising Derwin Gray's performance.

• Like Like x 2
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Snell won't be the feature back this season, he will share the load with Conner.

8. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Helped inch closer to the day when Tomlin is no longer the head coach.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Don't know if it was because Bengals but Snell looked refreshing for our current offense. Good to see Ben involve him in the passing game. Noice topic Da Stellars, i witnessed some hope moving forward.

10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I can't take any positives from that game. I just can't. That team is awful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Same, I just can’t see them turning it around. I’ll still watch and be on here but I didn’t get too upset with the bengals loss, it just confirmed this is the way it has to be lol. I accept it

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The only positive was when the game ended

13. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Yeah I’m actually not upset either. I’m so ready for them to blow it up and start from the ground up. Sadly I think the earliest that happens is in 2022.

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Ben cant even read coverage anymore, he throws the ball to Ebron who was in triple coverage while a wide open claypool was an easy touchdown, I'm tired of his sorry ass playing more like a rookie than the veteran he is supposed to be but isnt.......

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Positive: I could see early on we were trash so I got to bed early.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. SteelersBane

SteelersBane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    The only positive I can think of is that it exposed JuJu Smith-Schuster as being immature and him getting knocked out by Vonn Bell might make him think twice before continuing with his pregame routine of TikTok-ing his midfield dances and exposing the problem with this franchise even more that there is a lack of accountability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Some Steeler fans made it to the game.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No new season ending injuries that I’m aware of. That’s nice news after what we’ve been through recently.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    The only positive is that now............. I'm POSITIVE the Steelers need a new QB.

20. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This concerns me too. It appears as though most snaps he doesn’t even attempt to survey the field, he’s already predetermined where he’s going to go with the ball. I understand that sometimes, with the quick passing game, that may be necessary, but not every drop back.

21. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I like Benny,but he looked good because the 'gals are terrible...just happens we looked worse.

22. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I doubt Ben can’t read the open receivers or D. It’s more like if Ben sees an open receiver 15 yards down field he knows he can’t make that throw and goes into check down Ben.

23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I feel you. When Ben hit DJ for the touchdown I didn't even react. My wife actually asked me what was wrong.

24. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I saw sparks of what could be, saw moments of what should be, and moments of ugh can't be.

Basically anytime Ben was able to take the snap under center they were positive plays. Snell had a head of steam and gained ground. Anytime it was shotgun and Snell had to try and produce a burst from standing still was a blown up play. The offense was very vanilla and the Bengals were dialed into it. The formation that sprang Chase in the second half was enough of a mystery that they weren't sure if they should stack box, get their hands up or what. Had they not knocked out Watt and Ebron I would like to think so play action might have happened but I'm forever the optimist.