1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Beat Colts and win North

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SWSteel, Dec 22, 2020.

1. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Still in play, as they win on common opponents

don't think it will happen but there you go

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Win the lottery and quit your job!:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Sorry, this team simply is not competitive anymore and it starts with the Head Coach. I used to enjoy watching them and now all I do is get fed up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    If this Steelers team seriously does not win this division after starting 11-0 and loses its last 6 games 5 regular season and 1st playoff game then Tomlin’s job security should truly be questioned. It isn’t like this is the first time this team has collapsed and had a late season meltdown in December. This is a trend with Mike Tomlin now since it’s happened the last 3 years. At what point does this fall back on Tomlin and become his responsibility.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They would win on division record, not common opponents

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Beat Colts. HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  7. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

No kidding! The colts may want to rest some of their players for our game against them so that they're healthier going into the playoffs. Tomlins team doesn't frighten anyone anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The Colts are a good team but nothing special. The Steelers can’t win however because this short dink and dunk offence has been rumbled and they don’t seem to have the tools to do anything else.

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What a sorry state of affairs we are in. Problems stacking upon problems and no one knows what to do. How could this happen? What are the owners doing? What is anyone doing? This is like being in an aircraft and the engines flame out and hoping that someone can relight them before we hit rock bottom. The only problem is there is no one in the cockpit and the crew is in the cabin pointing fingers at each other on whose to blame and should do something. What is so infuriating is that all we need to do is win 1 f'ing game to get a div title and rest some players. 1 game out of 5. Almost incredible to even think this is happening right before our eyes. The world is laughing at us and I can't blame them. I guess its time to focus on the Colts and see if any of the crew can relight the engines.

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I am genuinely confused as to how we went from competitive with some luck for the first half of the season, to utterly dismal the last 3 games.

That can’t just be the HC. Though I do think Tomlin should have put Rudolph in the game after that first quarter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rpgczar

rpgczar Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2014
    I agree afterall my colts did lose to the ravens and browns both teams you have beat. Frank Reich typically makes several mistakes as well. For example always going for it on 4th and 1 instead of kicking field goal. Going away from what is working on offense. One game tay average 7 yards a carry and they only gave him 4 carries in the first half and the rest in the 4th

12. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Colts are a good team but this is a very winnable game. The defense needs to step up big time in this game and get to Rivers and create a few big turnovers. Might need to be an ugly win like 20-17.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Sit back be quiet and watch. Lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    So we may play another teams JV's? That is still frightening. This year already has built in excuses for whatever we do and end up.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :rolleyes:

16. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    I dont know why but for some reason I have a feeling they will beat the colts. With little to know chance to win a super bowl the only bright spot left is to win the division. This team has had alot go wrong the last 5 games. The offense is terrible..the defense can't come up with a stop when they need it the most. Ben is playing as bad as he ever has. Alot of it has to do with one of the worst O lines in the league. No threat of run game so they have to go to dink and dunk which you can not do on press coverage. Ben has no time and when he is lucky enough to get a pass off its either knocked down or a 2 yard pass. As for the defense they get no help with so many 3 and outs by the offense. Linebackers have been hurt bad by injuries . This team is in bad shape and now im just hoping for a division title .

17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This team ain't beating the Colts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  18. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Players usually take the identity of the head coach and project that mentality upon themselves. Not all of them but most do.

Mike Tomlin looked like he couldn't care less about whether he was coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers or at home watching a Christmas Story with his wife and kids. Several camera shots of him last night he was standing alone and not communicating with anyone.

19. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I think they will win. The D is too proud. They will realize that they cannot count on Fitchner’s band of divas and will play lights out. Take care of effing business!

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Weren't the last 3 games also "very winnable games"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Last night was the first time I didn't enjoy watching the Steelers. Even in the lean years, you could understand why we may not win but this talent combined with this coach is like having acid reflux when there is a great bottle wine, a huge T-bone, and a good Cuban cigar, all sitting in front of you.......every night!

22. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    This team ain’t beating anyone

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    This is the 3rd season in a row where the team has unfolded in December, it's time for the Rooney's to notice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The Steelers are like the Pirates right now. They are playing their last 3 games because they have to for the paycheck but they have zero fire in their belly. The Pirate players are the same way except they play their last 150 this way.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    After every game there would be posts critiquing (not criticizing) the teams performance. Nearly every thread stated the one dimensional approach, that the O was generally only productive for 1 half, or even 1 quarter, and the D was really responsible for nearly every win. The injuries on the D (we were starting a rookie, new 'hire' and converted safety at LB last 2 games), plus the playing 60 plus plays a game have come to fruition.

There really is not much difference in game approach, except opposing D's are able to stifle out impotent O, while our depleted D is overworked. Findley only completed 7 passes last night, but give any team 3 turnovers inside the 50 and you likely lose.. we did.