1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben is our best chance to win!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Dec 21, 2020.

1. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Anyone still believe that statement?

2. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hell know. I just put a thread on him.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben looks done.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    That offense has no life at all and looks completely inept.

5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Sad thing is your thread title remains true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Absolutely no reason Ben should have played in the 2nd half.

If Tomlin can set other players like Diontae why doesn't he have the guts to pull Ben after a first half like that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Looked to me like Tomlin stuck his nose in the offense play calling the 2nd half. Just sayin.

8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    and who do we have behind Ben? sad thing is he got outplayed by a third string QB last night. I didn't watch the 2nd half, didn't need to. I can't stand being around my wife when the steelers are losing so I bagged it. Don't even know what to say about this team. Ben needs to practice with the team during the week. Not sure how much good that will do but I'm sure you'll see "DNP non injury related" after his name this week yet again

9. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Ben has never been the sharpest tack in the box but now he has issues with the speed of the game. Seems to be too slow for the flow. Don't get me wrong, we have O Line issues but some of the missed passing opportunities are a tell tale sign of his deterioration.

10. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    do you think he needs to practice with the rest of the team?

11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    The guy is only in his late 30s—your mental acuity doesn’t deteriorate that young. I think it’s either (1) an undisclosed physical issue or (2) he’s aware his skills have diminished, and that slight effect on his confidence slows him down the tick needed to produce the sort of performance we’re seeing.

12. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    I think you have hit it on the head! Ben is not disclosing the seriousness of his elbow injury. One thing is being tough and playing with a rib injury, knee injury, thumb injury or a broken nose (who was not impressed with that toughness to stay in and win against the Ravens). However, playing with an elbow injury that affects your throwing mechanics, he is being selfish and needs to sit down. He has seriously hurt the team the last 4 - 5 games.

13. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

About to say something about that, I noticed he had a play card just before Fitz took down Finley late in the 4th. Wondering if thats the problem, he's sending in defensive plays to the offense, and offensive plays to the D. He improved the bungals running game by mistake.

14. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben has been schooled in a few games this season by 3rd string QBs, why not bench him and let our own 2nd or 3rd string QB school him too.

15. OmegaTiger

OmegaTiger Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Big Ben is done, he has shown all year a lack of mobility to move out of the pocket comfortably and make plays like he did in the past. He is trying to be strictly a pocket passer and trying to force the ball to guys in heavy coverage like he did last night against Cincinnati. He doesn't want to move or take the time to let plays develop. The Steelers really messed up in the draft by not taking the best quarterback available to them "Jalen Hurts". He is young, can scramble and make good throws.
    (And oh by the way threw for 505 yards against the Dallas Cowboys. ) Steelers with their injuries are in trouble, and can now look forward to the draft and trying to get some higher draft picks to improve this team at key positions.
    The Steelers would be wise to try and find a power runner and get rid of some of these running back they have that are not producing. And the Steelers need to improve up front also offensively, their offense line is not opening holes for running backs to have a chance. Time for change as this is a business, and certain player are not getting the job done.

16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ben gives them the best chance to win, but that's because there's no real alternative.

Ben's QB rating for the season is now just below league avg. and he's sure playing like a below avg QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    Right now Mason is standing on the sidelines saying to himself, "Sure I read all the critical comments about my play. Now look at Ben, you see it wasn't me! I could have done better with an OC and QB coach. Not to mention the warm welcome I received from a HOF QB saying he will point to the playbook if I have questions."

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Mike Tomlin does and he's the only one who counts....... unfortunately.

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No the best chance is to use Dobbs and the Ravens playbook ...Dobbs is not Jackson but Dobbs did run a 4.6 forty thats good for a QB ...The Ravens show new running formations and new plays every week...This is really the only chance this Team would have ..Ben can't make any longer throws Ben can't scramble any Team can defend Ben at this moment.. Dobbs could at least throw it deep and Dobbs can run this would make the O more effective ...

20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    And why is it that this is the first time we have seen the play card in his hands after how many years. :facepalm: You know something is wrong when you see this for the first time.