1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben is terrible, but our O-line might be worse

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelRaj, Dec 22, 2020.

1. SteelRaj

SteelRaj Active Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Villanueva is lost out there, and the rest of them aren’t much better. Need to start replacing those guys this off-season. Oh, and draft a frickin QB!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. rpgczar

rpgczar Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Big ben hadn't been sacked in a while til last week

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    When you try to throw it 50 times a game your pass protection is going to look bad. Everything opened up when we started running it in the 3rd quarter

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Should have pickedup Fournett or someone in offseason, management blew it there big time.

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    HA HA, who you rather have right now... Claypool or Dobbins?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SteelRaj

SteelRaj Active Member

Dec 7, 2020
    That is largely due to the fact that he throws two yard passes that get out in two seconds. Doesn’t necessarily speak to quality of the line. Also The amount of penetration other DL have been getting is why we have no run game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Dickerson from Alabama will slide down the draft. Take a a chance on him in the 3rd if he's available and hope he recovers from the knee injury

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rpgczar

Oct 22, 2014
    Snell ran good tonight though

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Makes you wonder what a genius Munch was and why Randy got the job over him. I am assuming next year we will have a new O-Line coach, and not just go with the next man up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He was sacked last week against the Bills. :facepalm:

11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    and that was a function of getting rid of the ball in 2.1 seconds not of the o-line play

12. rpgczar

Oct 22, 2014
    Well will see. Colts edge rushers are average, but the interior is where the problem could be. Buckner, autry, and steward are good. Ideally you'd stay away from Kenny moore and target carrie or ya sin and bounce runs to the outside.

13. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Okorafor isn't much more than a pylon out there. Pass protection is terrible and whiffs on run blocks, a few runs were blown up at the los because he missed so badly.

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He got the lunch pale yards and came to play. He's a keeper. Sad to say that Conner has to go.

15. OmegaTiger

OmegaTiger Member

Dec 22, 2020
    If you can not open holes for your running backs, and stop blitzing line backers as we seen last night against the 03-10 Bengals then you have little chance to win many football games... it all starts on the line, offense and defense...

16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Doesn't matter who is running the ball if there is nowhere to run it to. 6 OL cannot block 8 defensive players in the box no matter how good they are. We're being out coached and I think the way the players were acting it seemed they were giving up at times. I am still trying to figure out who is running this offense, RF, Ben? Who is in charge and should be accountable? Seems MT is not to be blames in any of this so who is it? If last night was the culmination of our "get right" strategy, oh my, this may be the biggest meltdown of a season that I can remember.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Dotson comes back this week he should start at LG and come playoff time Feiler needs to go back to RT. That could fix a lot. Gray did alright for his first playing time last night.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Agree...I think that would solve some issues. I thought 77 Gray looked better than 60 in limited playing time.

19. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Like the LB position the Oline has been ravaged by injuries this year. It's difficult to get any continuity with the amount of injuries they had on the Oline.

The team can overcome injuries to a certain extent and poor and inconsistent play. They can't over come turnovers. Turnovers were the team's undoing vs the Bengals.

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't really think Steelers should put Hassenauer out there anymore. Dude just isn't cutting it, there has to be a veteran out there who can give you more.

21. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Claypool

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    In what world would any RB play well behind this line? It wouldn't matter who you put back there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    allen at LB experiment should be over. They took full advantage of him. They should have at least tried scales. I hate to say it but at this point I will welcome Vince back until Spillane is ready. :cool:

24. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    What do we know about Scales? I guess the coaches trusted Allen more than Scales. The Steelers have been snake bit at the LB position this season.

The problem in the Cincy game wasn't the defense. The problems were the turnovers.

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It was both. The defense had been holding teams to field goals or creating turnovers in those situations all year, but not Monday night. They also stunk late, giving up the 80-yard touchdown drive and allowing the Bengals to run for a first down on three plays, eating up a big chunk of the clock before the Steelers' last-gasp possession.

• Agree Agree x 1