1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mandalorian Season 2 finale

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SteelReal, Dec 19, 2020.

1. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I plan to look at other threads on this on more fan appropriate sites, but I wanted to get an opinion from those on here who watch it before I compare it to other people's responses.

I'm thoroughly confused by something...if baby Gorgu is in fact baby Yoda who many years later ultimately trains a young Like Skywalker to become a Jedi....how is a young Luke Skywalker already credited with being a Jedi (who definitely fought like it) who ultimately saves baby Gorgu (Yoda)????

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't even watch The Mandalorian (yet anyway), and I know Gorgu is NOT YODA. He's just another member of the same species.

The Mandalorian takes place like 7 years AFTER ROTJ. Luke was already a full fledged Jedi in that movie. Unless there's some really hinky time travel crap going on (and we've never seen time travel anywhere in Star Wars), Gorgu cannot possibly be Yoda. Yoda is long dead by now.

But even though I don't watch the show, that certain appearance was all over the internet, so impossible to avoid THAT spoiler. Awesome scene. Very reminiscent of a similar scene in Rogue One. Like father, like son.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Makes perfect sense. It is a really good show by the way...only two seasons in so if you're going to binge watch now would be the time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I finally just got to watch season 2. The show made it clear from the beginning of season one that it was after Return of the Jedi. Fans called Grogu "Baby Yoda" but that was never actually from the show.

Now that Luke is set to train Grogu, it would make sense to see Yoda's force ghost at some point interact with Grogu. We saw him much later in the timeline in The Last Jedi.