1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Didn't Penalties Offset?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TRUCK, Dec 14, 2020.

1. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I don't recall the play but there was a play during the Bills game where we got called for a personal foul and they got called for a motion penalty or some other 5 yarder. Why didn't those offset? I recall a few times where a disqualification type personal foul gets enforced despite infractions on both sides, but this was a run-of-the-mill personal foul like roughing the passer.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I believe the rule is enforced that way for any personal foul, so the officials got that part right. Where they screwed up was flagging the Steelers at all. That was a perfectly legal hit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, where is our NFL apology for that important bogus call?

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Personal fouls don't get offset

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not sure where they are digging these refs up and whoever is doing the hiring needs to be fired as it is approaching abysmal level as far as quality is concerned. That includes the replay booth or wherever these clowns sit during the game.

6. oksteelers#20

oksteelers#20 Member

Nov 15, 2011
    If I remember correctly that was a big change in momentum because it was on a third down and the defense made the stop. Still no clear explanation of the roughing the passer personal foul because it wasn't late and it wasn't to the knees.