1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stand Up And Be Counted!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bills game is must win!!!!!!!!

If we lose, we can't hang with NFL elite teams!!!! WE'll be one and DONE.

If they have SB aspirations they need to win this game!

2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    5842571F-6F23-46A2-8ECF-13B64E9DD967.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I say we win.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    One

And I did stand up

• Like Like x 1
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This is going to be a tough challenge. They should have never lost to the deadskins. Can't change that now.

The Bills have a decent secondary and a solid offense. The injury to Haden (concussion) and Williams (covid) could loom large. Thin on the interior and looks like Marcus Allen will take Williams place alongside Williamson. At least Nelson will be back plus Pouncey and Conner.

I can see the Bills looking to run right between the tackles and challenge the interior. Need Alualu to get more snaps.

Hopefully with the return of Conner they worked a bit more on run blocking. And hopefully stickum has been passed out.

We will see how the team rebounds. If they lose this game its far from over. Just another bump in the road to 7

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Mehhhhhh... It's one game.. We could get blowed out, get a little healthier and make a nice run...

We could whip them, and **** the bed... it's only one game, but the way we've been playing...It would be really nice to have a win!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I better stand up. My NY Giant friend was so excited when I saw him yesterday. I'm thinking his team is 5-7 and he is super pumped. My team is 11-1 and I'm bummed out.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

• Like Like x 2
  10. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    When I look at the Steelers and see that they're 11-1, I gotta scratch my head and ask myself......"how did that happen?"....... because they just do not look like an 11-1 team. I think we have been extremely lucky for quite a few of those wins. We haven't dominated anyone (except maybe the Clowns game). I'm used to watching the Steelers and knowing the only question was ....how much are we gonna beat these guys by?.......and now I have to wonder....... can we pull off a win against this terrible team? We used to scare other teams, now no one is afraid of the Steelers. It used to be there was no doubt that we were gonna win a game, now a win isn't a sure thing anymore. Losing to Washington was a wakeup call, I hope, that lets us know that we aren't in the same league as several other teams. Watching the Chiefs. Packers, Bills, etc.....<----THEY look like GOOD football teams.....imo, we do not. Our running game is non-exsistant, our O-line is terrible, our recievers have clubs for hands, Ben is erractic with his passes, out defense is crippled, and our play calling is ridiculous. And you guys are talking Super Bowl? Sorry, I just don't see it. Not this year. Win the first playoff game and maybe I'll start believing. Until then, I'm skeptical. Make me eat my words..I'll gladly do that if I'm wrong.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'll stand. Ok I'm tired now. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I'd love to stand up with you and guarantee victory. However, this is the last game I would want to play with no linebackers. Going to be a tough game to win with the injuries we have. Offense better be on their A game if they are going to have a chance.

13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Absolutely, but if we lose to the bills, it will be very unlikely that we get the bye. Sure would be nice to get that bye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I stood up and counted 3 sheets of TP (cannot be wasteful during the covid TP shortage). Win or lose I do not think has any bearing on them being able to hang with elite teams, the injuries on the D are very significant, when the 'next man up' is actually the 4th and 5th options...in several different positions you really cannot expect much. The 'star' players can often compensate for a loss of someone, but they cannot compensate for that much field area and inexperience. I think the thing here (win or loss) is the Steelers O. I have read different stories this week, even suggesting different play caller (doubtful). Will they try and implement something different and adjust THAT when needed, or will they stay the course of what has obviously become stale and predictable . The emergence of the O (even in a loss) is far more important in the long run. The D will get some members back and can still be very good, but without the O getting better it might indeed be a very sad December.

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Right, since they didn't get one this season.

The Steelers remaining schedule is Buffalo, Cinnci, Indy and Cleveland.

The Chiefs remaining schedule is Miami, New Orleans, Falcons and Chargers. Hope they lose at least 2.

I believe if it's a head to head tie we will get the 1st seed.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm standing up... what number am I?

17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm with you on this. I said this to a friend (Giant fan) and he told me to remember the NY Giants made the Playoffs at 10-6 and were supposed to lose in the first round. Ended up beating the 18-0 Patriots in the SB. I'm supposed to take hope in this but I'm having trouble.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Not if the Steelers lose to Buffalo and the Chiefs lose to the Saints. But if the Chiefs lose to the Dolphins and the Steelers lose to the Bills yes, the Steelers would win that tie breaker.

19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Good one. I would have went with ACDC's song, For Those About to Rock.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Two

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    tenor (4).gif

• Like Like x 1
  22. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    For what you are about to receive!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Exactly what about the Bills losing 42-16 vs Tennessee makes you think they’re anything special? Or beating the Jets 18-10 in late October (imagine our fans if we’re barely beat an 0-12 team)? Or losing to Arizona? My only concern Sunday night, and with our playoff future is the impact of injuries. We didn’t get to 11-0 with smoke and mirrors. Yeah, the Washington game was ugly, but we played with a very depleted roster, and lost 2 starters on defense during the game, which is harder to deal with than starting without them. I’m not saying we’re a perfect team, but everyone else out there is beatable too. At full strength I think we’re a solid notch better than the Bills. I guess we’ll see how we compare with no Haden, no Dupree and a guy who has been here a few weeks and a safety at our ILB spots.

24. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The Steelers got this......
    (its obviously an old picture, but still funny)

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.01.59 PM.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    In all fairness to the Bills, Tom Brady dropped that one on the field.