1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do we rebound or collapse?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 8, 2020.

1. We beat the bills and be back in the SB talks

28.6%
  2. We lose, bring doubt to a third straight collapse

52.4%
  3. Stop being a bedwetter BBH

19.0%
  1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I usually look forward to Steelers games, but not this week. Even last year with the Deer and Duck show, I was glad to see Steelers play even if they stunk up the joint. I dread the Bills game. I hope I'm wrong, but this is going to be a major sh!t show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    If there were fans, Bills stadium would be half Steelers fans, been there, was awesome, we got them.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Maybe... maybe not. What’s Tomlins record after a loss?

4. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Tomlin pretty good after a loss, plus we are good on prime time. We lost last game and it was prime time. What are the chances we lose 2 weeks in a row +2 prime times in a row?

Guess we find out if we are legit, no excuses.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    JuJu said in an article this is a simple fix, Ben says he has to play better, Tomlin says he is open to others calling plays...all of that sounds great, but the bottom line is the play on the field and do they have the talent to pull it off. There was no preseason and typically teams will find their identity by week 4 and either pull together and improve...or flatten out.

Not saying this season is doomed, but trying to retool an O with 4 weeks to go in the season is not an easy task, and they do need to retool. Whatever that is, redesign of the O line, I or split t, 2 TE formations, turn over play calling (as mentioned). Three of the last 4 games are against good teams who also have something to prove.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    They relied on defense to win them games, we are banged up now so it’s offense turn and not sure we can take over lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I think the key of of course clinch PO spot, but 13-3 with a win against Cincy will also clinch the division and number 2 spot...so at least 2 home games. You get that far in the PO's it gets to 'on any given Sunday' in the championship game. Would likely be underdogs, but in one game if everyone is 100% this team can play with anybody. It is going to be a crap shoot every week anyway, my expectations for long term are somewhat challenged after the last couple of games..so just going to have fun and see where we end up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Tomlin is 35-25 after a loss.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    WFT game was not a prime time game; not shown nationally either.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    My bad, we are screwed haha

11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Vince is out with Covid. Watt is the last LB standing. All the rest are 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    That’s that.

stupid covid

13. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Interesting Tomlin tidbit at ProFootball reference.com: According to their site Tomlin should have a a regular season record of 139.3-80.7. His actual record is 144-75-1, so about 5 games better. I realize it is a guess by pro football reference, but interesting anyway.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    13-3 with a loss to the Bills could net the #3 seed if the Bills win out.

15. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Play calling and execution on offense has been terrible and predictable as of late. A great defense has been bailing us out but now they are starting to drop like flies to injury. It's going to take some crafty coaching in my opinion to keep this team in super Bowl contention.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    We are about to see if Tomlin can coach. If he can get this team to overcome injuries and execute more consistently, I will give him his due. Earlier in the season the Steelers were correcting their flaws; lately not so much. I believe the Steelers have plateaued. I hope Tomlin proves me wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    They can’t effectively run the ball (couldn’t get 1 yard against the WTF when they needed it) and can’t catch it either, so that doesn’t really leave many ways to score, or burn clock when ahead late. Injuries are mounting up on the D side. I think the Bills beat them and they collapse, though Conner coming back may help, as might an ass chewing from Tomlin on the receivers.

18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Cool seeing the team in this perspective. Ben wants to win bad.

19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Why won't you bring back our true lucky charm, cat on acid?

20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    One of the few times I'm happy it's a night game. My doom and gloom has awaken so I'm going to bed and then I'll wake up in the middle of the night and pace around until I find the courage to check the score.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    These are the kinds of games the Steelers seem to win under Tomlin when everybody counts them out and says they can’t win. They tend to rise up and just find ways to win these games and that is what I expect them to do this week. Winning this game as I’ve mentioned in another thread will guarantee the Steelers will finish ahead of both the Bills and Titans in the AFC assuming both win their divisions, it keeps you in very good shape still to get that lone bye week and keep pace with the Chiefs, and finally it all but wraps up the AFC North for those people who continue to say that the Browns can still win the division. So I expect the Steelers to show up big in this game and find a way to win.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope you're right. Avery Williamson will probably be calling the plays for the D... and he's only been on the team for a month. Nothing against Williamson, but freakin' Darius Leonard himself would struggle if he was thrown into this role under the circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Love this optimism. Get Conner and Pouncey back, receivers hopefully clean up the drops. The Bills D is decent but nothing special. The steelers can score points here if they get their s**t together.

Gotta hope we can contain them going the other way. Their passing attack is very good, if a little hot and cold and the Steelers are badly banged up so it is a big ask.

Earlier in the week I was very pessimistic about this game and I’d still put my money on the Bills but I think they might be a little overrated so you never know. A win here for the Steelers would flip the narrative on the season again

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    You take football way too seriously man haha

25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I hate night games with a passion. Even if I take a nap in the afternoon before the game, I still feel like dog sh!t the morning (work day) after a prime time game. All NFL games (post pandemic) should be played on Sunday afternoon... at 1pm and 4pm. Ban night games for good!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1