1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No fraternizing tomorrow! Strictly business

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Dec 1, 2020.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I don't care if you were dormmates in college, knew each other since HS, or your 5th cousin. No chalking it up with them before the game. After the game win or lose everybody goes straight to the locker room. Tomlin better not shake or even acknowledge Harbaughs existence. Not only Covid complications but they've lost our respect and ruined this rivalry. Using a pandemic to game the system for a competitive advantage is despicable.

Aditi said it best

Steelers wearing all black to the game tomorrow is optional but would be a nice touch.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Agree. This has been such a travesty in every aspect possible to me. One thing I'd do if we win is to assign someone to go over to Hairball afterwards and give him a broom as a reminder of being swept this year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I admit I don't follow this covid **** and NFL policy too closely but am I right in assuming the Ravens did not follow protocol set down by the NFL. Then some of their players got it because of not following said policy. Then did they want the game pushed forward or was it the NFL pushing the game forward????? Were the Ravens willing to play the game with the only healthy bodies they had left or did they ask NFL to hold off so they could get their better players back?????

Thank you so much for enlightenment!!!!

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I hope we blow them out but now that they have their RBs back I expect it to be closer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I know the NFL is a brotherhood among it's players, but after all this not sure how much love there can be after it's over.

Plus Harbaugh didn't shake Vrabel's hand, maybe Tomlin does similar treatment.

I'm sure the Steelers players enjoyed the time off to heal up, but there was so much unknown to the schedule how much could they really relax, with 3 different times the game moved.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It's over for the Ravens, this year & moving forward. They'll beat up on the weaklets of the NFL but will always fall short playing contenders. Harb's (Jimmy's) rpo has run it's course, all they have is a decent defense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Days off or light walkthrough practices are still good for the body as opposed to gameplay. The schedule has certainly been thrown off but still good for healing overall.

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They will need it 3 football games in 12 period, and all against teams in the playoff hunt, and yes the 4-7 Washington football team is very much in play to win their division.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I thought you were boycotting or hunger striking. So now you will be glued to the TV just like every other Steelers game. I guess you will just join all us so called spineless peasants after all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    There’s a very brief and highly informative thread about it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought you weren’t watching

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Let me break it down for you... Harbaugh was pissy after losing to the Titans because they stomped on their logo pregame and some calls. Possibly they thought some of their players coming down with covid would make the Titans look bad? But then a huge breakout happened and a lot of keys players got it. Jamar and others. I think they are also looking at the standings now and loss to Steelers then their season basically comes down to game against the Browns and not losing anymore games. Well Jamar was set to miss 2 games because of covid protocol. They gamed the system to have Jamar only miss 1 game and get a lot of key players back to have a chance against the Steelers. It's really pathetic. The NFL has set a horrible standard.

I never said that. I said I was no longer watching any games not involving the Steelers. It's very easy to understand but Glemm reads at high school level. It's difficult for him but how the rest of yinz can't understand is beyond me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    How anyone understands you is beyond most of us.’ :hmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Still trying to figure out what a yinz is..:shrug:;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Here we go again with this guy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I know with covid, rules have been thrown out the window and everything is subject to a moments change. That said, NFL rules dictate that the opposing team must be the 'city' 18 hours before kick off. Due to the timing both Raven RB's cannot travel with the team and therefore will not be able to make it to the 'burgh till Weds. Just for a touch of sportsmanship I would love for MT to challenge the validity of that 18 hour rule before kick off, specifically for those 2 RB's. Will not happen, but so much fun to see Harbaugh being told his late players are not eligible. One can dream.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It is a hybrid from You ones, or you 'uns, kind of like when 'monbacks', which came from 'come on back!"...not sure monbacks is used much anymore, but back in the 80's very common in my neck of the woods. That is my complete knowledge of 'burghese',and even that comes from a long line of listening to many BS'ing yinzers.

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He should though

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So... you're saying that Harbaugh schemed to intentionally get a small number of Ravens infected, but the scheme spiraled out of control? That's how this reads.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Yinz gotta be kiddin' me.;+)

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    n’ at

• Like Like x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Not a what but a who. Pittsburgh slang for two or more people. “Hey, what are Yinz doing this weekend?”

Like y’all in the south. Deep South. Not Sahside Pittsburgh Pennsylvan I A

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This board would be boring without SDOT threads. Seriously. I actually agree with him on some things.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Every once in a while he makes some reasonable sense. He just spends a lot of time on the rumble strips.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They didn't shake hands because of what happened in the pregame, Tomlin and Harbaugh will shake hands.

• Agree Agree x 1