1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game has been moved AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    That's true and where the loss of Bush hurts so much but they do have an answer for pretty much every other player not named Mahomes. Both teams are going to get their own and it'll simply come down to exploiting weaknesses, and as good as Mahomes is, the Chiefs have more. So it's going to be either the Steelers make a ton of mental mistakes, which they haven't done this year, or Mahomes or bust. I like Pittsburgh's chances, especially if they can get the bye.

2. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
  3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Disagree. What was the point? To make an example of a team that made a simple error in judgement? The real answer was to let Denver take their beat down because they are a non playoff team anyway and it's another step toward fulfilling NFL TV contracts. If they really wanted to punish Denver or Baltimore, then they would have them forfeit. But the TV money is more important than putting a competitive game on the field. I hope their advertisers took a bath on that game.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I wonder how and when the Ravens will travel to Pittsburgh? Stadium to stadium is a 3 hr 48 min drive. It would make more sense to drive than fly. Plus I’m not sure you want all of them in a plane together. A bus sounds equally bad. Have everybody drive their own car? And when? Today and put them in a Hotel? Would a hotel accept them? Do you want the team together any longer than need be? In and out tomorrow?

How do they normally travel?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

At this point the game should just be forfeited and the Steelers collecting both their own paychecks and dividing up the Rats cash to be split among Steelers players. Game should have been played Thursday Night as scheduled with affected players missing the game on the injury list. This whole matchup was handled ridiculously by the NFL especially after seeing the Donkeys playing shorthanded yesterday. Rodger Gooddell should be fired if the owners had any balls.

Our 10-0 record will be nothing but an * at the end of the season. Just go ahead and Crown Mahomes another Title like they want to do anyways.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They couldn't play Thursday with players still testing positive. The NFL's response to this mess hasn't been perfect, but they weren't wrong to push the game back. I just don't see how they can play tomorrow night.

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The donkeys completed 1 pass in the game. The league pretty much determined the outcome of that game before it even started with their BS.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed, but I'm not sure what else they were going to do. The policy all along has been that games would only be postponed due to health concerns, not roster issues. You can certainly argue that it is a stupid policy and that game is a perfect example of why it was such a bad decision. The interesting thing was Drew Lock taking responsibility for being careless during meetings. Even Vic Fangio put the blame on his quarterbacks after the game.

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How would forfeiting be better for anyone? At least Denver got a chance to go out there and put up a fight. Obviously they didn't stand much of a chance, but the game still got played. That's clearly better than having to forfeit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They should have picked up a fa qb somewhere and practiced as much as they could have instead of just using a wr to play qb. Or both. They had a few days prior to playing the game Sunday. Had move by the donkeys. :cool:

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think you have to wait five days when joining a new team before you can play?

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If you think that was really an option, you're not paying attention.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They knew awhile back I believe about the tests. Last Thursday they first knew. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Practice cancelled again for the Ravens. I don't see them getting this game in. Say goodbye to a playoff bye.....

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Is it only positive test? If so the 49ers should have gamed the system like the Ravens and just floated one more positive to get the game pushed back? or like the Titans did some random nobody on the PS.

I remember the Ravens had somebody play with covid the 1st Steelers game and it's still floating around the organization weeks later? Seems like pure negligence and grounds for forfeit and fine/loss of draft pick to me.

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Of course this game isn't happening.. The Ravens have done everything in their power this far to make sure it doesn't. They will float one more positive test to seal the deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What’s next for the Ravens?
    Their Governor tells them their stadium is closed?

18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Its a big mess that is for sure. Still think they make the Ravens play tomorrow. If they just made Denver play with no QB, they will force the hand here.

But, teams better prepare to bubble..it's bound to happen.

19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I think they unleash their final weapon... At their next press conference. They go see even Steelers fans think we should postpone this game to Week 18 when we are healthy *cough cough* I mean Covid free. *stone cold music plays* Glenn walks out in his dusty Sepulveda jersey. He goes on about how the Ravens have done everything correctly and the league has handled this perfectly fine. Any questions? Reporter goes thanks for showing up Glenn but where's your mask? Clearly flustered and with no excuse storms off the stage.

20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I'm surprised the NFL doesn't automatically appoint Kapernick to every team as a emergency reserve.

21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They aren't going to make them play if the outbreak is still happening. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. It's not about missing players, it's about letting the game happen and then suddenly both teams have a large outbreak as a result. The league needs to ensure nobody else is positive before they allow the game to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    C'mon, put up a fight. They had no chance, no chance in hell to even be competitive against New Orleans. Not better than forfeiting, if anything it's a parallel situation. I imagine there are players on the Broncos that were more worried about getting paid, but their fans got the short end of the stick if any even tuned in, and that is indefensible by the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    You're hard to take serious anymore. :shrug:
    This is what, about our 8th beatdown for our 10-0 team? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Broncos rather have the higher draft pick than the win. Wr playing qb? Come on, Fangio just gave the middle finger to Denver fans.

25. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Why do the players not get paid if the team forfeits?