1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If they have to cancel the game Tuesday yet again...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 28, 2020.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Why not try one last time to play on Thursday this week and then move both the Dallas Ravens and Steelers Washington game to Tuesday the 8th. I’d rather them do this and exhaust all options to do everything possible to avoid a week 18 and expanded playoff. It would be a little bit unfair to both the Cowboys and Washington if this happened but that’s too bad. The Steelers had their schedule screwed with early in the year and dealt with it so if both Dallas and Washington who aren’t going anywhere anyway this season have to deal with it then so be it.

You gotta believe that both the Steelers and Ravens by Thursday this week worst case scenario will get this under control where both teams can play by Thursday if it absolutely had to come to that as opposed to moving the game to a week 18.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I suggested that on another thread a few days ago but in fairness to the league they can’t really make a decision on anything until both teams have a few days with no more positives. What a mess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Well I’m hopeful the game can be played by Tuesday. We’ll have a better idea tomorrow if this game will be played on Tuesday or not based on any positive tests tomorrow again. But if it can’t I would try one last time to do Thursday this week and move the Washington game to Tuesday next week. As I said in the first thread if this outbreak is still out of control by Thursday this week then that will really be a serious problem. I think worst case they could cancel yet again Tuesday and should be good to go by Thursday. You gotta avoid doing that week 18 game as much as possible and doing this and pushing it back yet again would do just that.

4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    How many threads will there be on this?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Play this damn game somehow and their won’t be anymore. Not to downplay this virus but I think we have to ask ourselves as well how seriously sick are all the players that have tested positive for this in the last week. Testing positive doesn’t equal being deadly ill when catching this virus. It could be anything from having a soar throat or a cold to having no symptoms or any illness at all. Every player that has it now will recover and be perfectly fine and most importantly nobody is gonna die from it since the virus recover rate is still well over 99 percent. No player that has gotten this virus has been seriously ill or has come even remotely close to dying and that’s all that matters at the end of the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Who honestly cares at this point. Covid ruined everything

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    It’s just frustrating how everytime there is a positive case or cases of Corona everybody acts in particular the media like that means that equals instance death. Nobody ever elaborates on the players that do have it such as their specific illness or that the fact that most every player or all players who get it will be perfectly fine and recover. Everytime their is one single case of this virus it’s instance doom and gloom.

9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    and the long term effects are still unknown I am not remotely saying some things have not been overdone, but damn dude this is going back to point critical. You cannot be serious wanting a stupid game when decade later a man might have heart or lung problems because he played in a game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    We don’t know you’re right but all we can look at is the impact it has now at the present time. And we have yet to hear one player that has got it so far this season that has been hospitalized or has been seriously ill or died from it. Now You have to take it seriously when you get it but testing positive for it or a certain amount of cases don’t equal death.

11. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    if the Steelers and Ravens don't play until Thursday then technically you've already created a week 18 or are you not doing the math? There's no way you can't have a 18 week season....the Steelers themselves will have already had 2 bye weeks if they don't play again til Thursday (as you would have it).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    We are not talking about death, but like any person these guys have families they go home to, children that go toschool (if opened), wives and mates thet work. It goes beyond the players, staff and othes. Though in strict protocol, this is not a bubble like the NBA was under, if a team has any concerns you have to not play the game, thats just the way it is.

13. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Well not really yet because you are still playing the game this week for week 12 even though it’s on a Thursday which is normally when the next week would begin. Like I said you then move the Steelers Washington and Ravens Cowboys games to Tuesday December 8th to close out week 13 and problem is solved. Week 18 is playing regular season games when the first wildcard weekend is supposed to be played and that’s not what this is at all even if you move this game to Thursday it still would count as the previous week. I don’t want them taking the bye week away and adding another playoff team. I think that rule sucks and should be avoided at all costs and this is the way to do so right here.

Now It sucks for both Washington and Dallas to both be impacted by it but hey the Steelers had to move their schedule around twice and lose their bye week and play 3 straight games on the road and play the Ravens on the road after their bye week and they kept their mouth shut, went out and played and won. So you tell both Washington and Dallas to do the same exact thing.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  14. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Well then a forfeit should have come into question for the Ravens. This isn’t something Steelers fans just pulled out of the air either. Goddell wrote in the COVID 19 protocol rules after the Titans outbreak that teams were subject to a penalty as steep as even forfeit if precautions and violations were broken which it was clear the Ravens most certainly did.

15. islandsnow

islandsnow Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Yeah! I say make the ravens just forfeit the game

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Steelers have tested positive now. Do you want the Steelers to forfeit?

17. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't see why they can't play a game, sign guys off the street ... see what happens. What is Waterboy and Steely McBeam up to?

18. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm not sure if you're trolling at this point or making up stuff as you go along...but there's no doubt in my mind or anyone else's mind for that matter that if the Steelers and Ravens don't play until Thursday that it becomes a week 13 game...not a week 12. There's a lot of delusion and wishful thinking otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  19. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    This is correct of course but I think @steel_ben7 suggestion is no game in week 12 but in effect a week 13 double header. Whilst it's obviously not ideal we are hardly dealing with ideals at present and doesn't sound like the worst idea to me. Certainly preferable than a week 18 make up

• Like Like x 1
  20. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    No I’m not trolling I’m suggesting exactly what English Steelers said in the last post and that was play 2 games in week 13 that are 4-5 days apart Thursday/Monday or Thursday/Tuesday which wouldn’t be ideal and would be tough but still very doable and a worst case scenario instead of screwing up the entire schedule and playoff format at the end of the year and adding a week 18.

I don’t want the Steelers getting screwed out of that lone bye week this season in the new playoff Format and a possible undefeated season because they didn’t try and exhaust every single option possible to get this game played with the Ravens this week and then play the week 13 game with Wash on either Monday or Tuesday. Washington might get frustrated with it and so would the Cowboys playing the Ravens as well but that’s tough.

The Steelers didn’t ask for their bye week to be taken away in week 7 and for 3 straight road games either after the Titans game got cancelled and moved. They weren’t happy about it but at the end of the day they kept their mouths shut, dealt with it, went out and played and won their games.

21. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    No because the Steelers have yet to have a major outbreak like the Ravens have had. The Ravens have had nearly 20 players put on their COVID List and were in clear violation of breaking the rules due to what their trainer did, and the Steelers only have 5 players still which is a big difference and we don’t know yet if anybody intentionally violated any protocol here like the Ravens clearly did.

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hello friends this is Jim Nance, welcome to week 18

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do agree with you but I think the bigger problem is these players passing it on to each other and then they pass it on to many others outside football. That is just a guess on my part of what the NFL is thinking.

I've had family members get it and have little to no symptoms but the one thing I find strange is losing your sense of taste. What the hell is that like?????

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ryquell Armstead (Jags) has been hospitalized twice due to COVID complications, and is at least gone for the rest of the season. Hopefully he’ll eventually recover. There are also coaches, families of players and coaches, and other employees of the teams and their families to think of. Think about some of the coaches and assistant coaches around the league and ask yourself “does that guy look like the picture of perfect health?”

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hello friends, Jim Nance here, it's a new world we live it but the Pittsburgh Steelers are your Super Bowl champs. Now get out there and enjoy this beautiful spring day.