1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game has been moved AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm saying the have a very good DLG QB and a tough running back. I think it will be a dog fight same as most of the games this season. The Bills have been up and down this season but if the pass rush gets after Allen and the secondary plays like they can the Bills are less scary to me.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My wife has been really concerned about her one niece (she is concerned about all the family too) but she was in her first year of college on a Volleyball scholarship but since her bout of Covid-19 almost 2 months ago she has been able to catch her breath and do anything strenuous. Hopefully by the time the school year ends she is able to continue her athletic career

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They can also get after the quarterback, so they could certainly be a tough matchup. It gets more difficult with the Steelers possibly missing some guys when they play Washington.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Sorry to hear that. It is a reminder that COVID may be far less likely to kill young, healthy people, but that doesn't mean it can't have a lasting effect on them. I hope she fully recovers soon.

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I've heard of a few cases similar to that. Luckily, your niece has youth on her side. A volleyball scholarship is quite an accomplishment.
    I strongly doubt winter sports are going to happen in my area, which includes volleyball, which my daughter plays.

6. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I was hospitalized with it back in March. Still can't breathe worth a damn. Then I spent Thanksgiving with my 93yr old mom in hospice care. She caught covid 3 weeks ago and it turned into Pneumonia. Its very fu***ing real

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Sorry man..

yeah it’s real and it sucks. I used to be in that campaign of it being overblown. Then it hit home and I shook my head. Sucks

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Personally right now, I'm more concerned that more Steelers' personnel test positive before Tuesday.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I am waiting to see the league respond properly if it is more than just those three. By properly, I mean moving the game to accommodate the Steelers the way the league moved it to accommodate the Ravens.

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

My ex brother in law has covid , he is in the hosp now from having 2 surgeries, 1 removed his toe, the other was galbladder , he is a full blown alcholic,and is 70 somthing years old... and they say he recovering nicely..... :shrug:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    And they embarrassed the Saints in the Wildcard game as I recall, I think that was the "hold ma d**k" game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Not sure if what i present will create more doubt concerning the Steelers future schedule or help to eliminate any concerns, but looking at the two games played on Tuesday nights in the SB era:

one featured a Philadelpha Eagles team that was 10-4 against a 5-9 Minnesota Vikings team in week 14 of 2010. The Vikings won the game 24-14. Both teams played the following Sunday and both teams lost. The Vikings lost to a Detroit Lions team (Sc 13-20) that was 5-10 and the Eagles lost to a 5-10 Cowboys team ( Sc 13-14). However, i get the impression that the Eagles already had the division locked up by that time and were not going to be able to change their seeding (having lost to the Vikings) even if they beat the Cowboys. The Eagles looked as though they were starting second string players for the most part.

This year the Titans and the Bills played in week 5. They were both undefeated when they met. The Titans of course won the game. The Titans played the 1-4 Texans the following Sunday and won in overtime, but the Bills planyed the 4-1 Chiefs the following Monday and lost 26-17.

That makes Tuesday teams 1-3...but not sure theres much that can be made of it. Certainly different circumstances and different levels of competition come into play.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t see much winning for any NFC East outside of divisional games and Cincinnati

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What is concerning to me is that after hearing all the complaints about the Rats and how they should forfeit or lose draft picks, etc, etc, and the added posts about how the Steelers are overrated and get no respect that we end up in a similar CV situation with our own outbreak and or we end up losing to the Rats and or Skins with whomever is at QB/RB. I sense a loss of focus on the game itself and that doesn't bode well if its also with the players. What we do know for a fact is we play the Rats on Tuesday and then the Skins on Sunday. This is all that is on my mind right ow and not all of the other behind the scenes gossip and NFL conspiracy theories. Win and we'll all feel better.

15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Make them move back to Cleveland. Send the Browns to Montana.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I hope we don't have to find out.

17. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    upload_2020-11-28_11-30-41.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Honestly, out of sheer curiosity, I would like to see the game played with the remaining healthy players, PS guys, and guys off the street.

The war of attrition is intriguing to me. Why forfeit? Sign Steely McBeam and let’s lacem up and play!

19. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    If you were looking at this entire picture there was really no way these issues were not going to happen. Everyone looking at this objectively knew when the Fall/Winter came numbers would go up. The NFL was not in a bubble so as numbers went up in society it would undoubtedly hit these NFL teams. If you thought about it deep enough all this was inevitable. Now it’s just a matter of wether or not it gets so out of control that it would actually postpone the season similar to the 3 other sports back in March.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    My week

Well at least I get to watch the Steelers Thursday.....F@*((#&

Well at least I can watch the Steelers Sunday....F&@^#?%^@?#*$&#^@

Wellb at least I can watch my Buckeyes Saturday.....F^@%#*'&$^$(@^#&$&$

HACK

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    It's starting to spiral out of control for the NFL... And this is only the week BEFORE Thanksgiving. The 49ers aren't even allowed to practice or play in their city anymore.. the Broncos won't have any of their quarterbacks available tomorrow.. it seems like about every team is making daily covid roster adjustments now. Week 18 is a forgone conclusion at this point. Hopefully we can make it there.

The league and players need to come together and try to work out some sort of bubble scenario to finish the season. It's only a month for half the league, and not much longer for the rest. NHL and NBA did it. These guys live together for several weeks during training camp, I'm sure they'd be willing to if the alternative is missing game checks and reduced revenue opportunities with no postseason.

22. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think there's a bubble big enough to hold 32 teams and over 1600 players

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    All the Broncos QBs are on the Covid list and they have to play without any. Why didn't their game get moved?

24. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    I heard their QBs are under the close contact protocol and not a positive test

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, that certainly warrants making them play without a QB! Not that they really have one anyway......