1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple members of Ravens org test positive for Covid

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Nov 23, 2020.

1. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    So long as they are isolating it should still go on. According to the NFL the delay was not to give them time to get players back but to catch all the people that have it. That should be possible. The Ravens will just be without a lot of players but they have no one to blame but themselves for not following protocol.

2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Article in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Revue online says, in part:

Multiple coronavirus tests among Baltimore Ravens came back positive Thursday, according to CBS Sports reports, potentially further endangering the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers that has already been pushed back because of covid-19 concerns."

I was mostly at the minimum unconcerned and not annoyed at all that the game had been moved to Sunday afternoon. Now I'm starting to get annoyed and a little angry. They reportedly have traced this whole fiasco to a member of the Rats strength and conditioning staff that was at the minimum being careless and at the maximum openly disobeying league and team mandates and rules regarding Covid 19. In short, their organzation is to blame, period.

Begs the question(s), What are you going to do for the Steelers if this game is postponed yet again, Rog? Let the schedule makers handle it and allow the game to be tacked on at the end of the season potentially costing the Steelers a first round bye? Entirely possible that the Steelers will be facing the Ravens as healthy as they can be. There are so many scenarios that could hurt the Steelers if this game isn't played Sunday that I'm getting more upset just thinking about it. Plus, what about the Rats game against Dallas on Thursday? I could see where that game could potentially be moved to next Sunday or beyond.

I know I'm probably being pedantic about this and getting ahead of myself, but if Sunday's game is postponed, I'm going to lose my sh!t because it could have been prevented if people did what they were told.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    If the game can't go Sunday there aren't a lot of great options.

The Ravens play next Thursday, so you can't push the game to early next week.

The NFL could move the game to 'week 18' - but that forces the Steelers and Ravens to play the week before the playoffs, while every other team gets a bye, which is a clear competitive disadvantage to both teams.

The Ravens forfeit - definitely not a great option either because the Ravens are fighting for a playoff spot. If they were out of the playoffs I could see this being a more likely option.

The league could add an extra two weeks to the end of the season, make the Steelers/Ravens play in week 18, then give the entire league a bye the week before the playoffs. Not sure if that has even been discussed but it seems like a relatively fair option.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ravens should be made to forfeit. If by some chance that the Steelers do go undefeated, I’d hate that asterisk but it is the only fair thing to do. Ravens had a guy break protocol, Steelers shouldn’t be punished for that. I was ok moving the game to Sunday because of the risk to our players plus they got more time to heal up for the game but postponing the game to a later date isn’t right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Correct. Steelers shouldn’t suffer consequences for others

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I would be pissed if Steelers were forced to play them later with the missing players back on the field. F the NFL if they do that

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    If they want to give it another day or two, they could move the Ravens Thursday game to Sunday. That makes more sense than adding a week since further disruption doesn't allow the season to complete. Adding in Week 18 would potentially cause three weeks off for a playoff team. The NFL does have a contingency plan in place in case the schedule is not completed in 18 weeks, which expands the field and eliminates bye weeks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...llations/#:~:text=The NFL approved an extra,7.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is the key to me. The Ravens had an employee break protocol. He failed to report systems. He didn't wear his temperature monitor. He did not wear his mask at all times. It is inexcusable for that to be happening this far in. How did nobody report this sooner? Even if the game is played Sunday, there should be a significant penalty for the Ravens beyond just taking the field short-handed. Strip them of a third-round pick and award it to the Steelers. If the game can't be played at all and has to be moved to Week 18, forcing the Steelers to play while every other playoff team rests, make it a first-round pick. Put some damn teeth in these rules or teams won't fix the problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    And what if week 18 rolls around and the rats are at full strength and we're banged up from the "last" regular season game. The conference is on the line and we have to limp into a game that would have been played, and won, on schedule.

What if there's a significant injury during that game and it ruins our playoffs.

Nothing good can come from pushing this game out beyond the regular season. The rats should be in our rear view mirror by then.

I hate this.

10. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Apparently Lamar Jackson tested positive as well

12. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Bunch of BS all of it!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    If Jackson is positive then this game is doomed.

14. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    The NFL needs to come down hard on Baltimore here....Do not bend over to accommodate them.

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If this in any way screws the Steelers' playoffs due to injury, being worn out, etc., I'm DONE with the NFL.

No idle threat. Done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

19. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Watch me. Or rather, notice how you never see me again.

Sick and tired of certain teams being catered to, and others being punished for other team's shenanigans.

If we make it to the SB, we should have the team get a few positives to force Goodell to delay the game and give us some rest. Wait, he won't do that? Exactly.

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    And...Lamar Jackson on the list as well....

So to be clear 8 starters, several staff, 2 of the 3 QB's...What a mess.

It's obvious they weren't following protocol because this guy was allowed to walk around like that and no-one told him otherwise!

21. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    So Hairball is forcing the league's hand. How can Rog sign off on a game when the coach says it's not safe for his team to gather?

I know that Rog can do whatever, but think of the PR nightmare if he lets this game go on and infects both teams. We're getting our bye.

22. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    it was a joke.

sorry you didn't see the humor.

23. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I thought it was pretty funny. It sounds like something that Goodell might actually say, since they are making things up on the fly this year.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I was just messing with you.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well, based on this small sampling, apparently I missed the point.

:drinks: