1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple members of Ravens org test positive for Covid

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Exactly right. Indications are that their COVID situation is more than just a few isolated cases, which means more infections could be brewing. It varies widely from person to person how long it takes for enough viral load to be present for a positive test. It's not instantaneous.

2. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Seeing as NBC is screwed out of a Thanksgiving night game, i'd wager CBS and FOX wouldn't have a leg to stand on for their complaint. Put it on Sunday at 1pm Pittsburgh time on NBC and everyone (network wise) is screwed fairly equally. Anything else, and NBC is out the extra game's worth of ad money and exposure. And we know it's all about the money...

3. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Did SF have guys testing positive M, T, and W? if so, they had no business playing that game on a thursday.

4. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Is NBC even equipped to do 2 games in one day? My guess is that it will be on NFL Network.

5. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't think they would do that, at least locally. The game is going to be on broadcast TV, again at least locally.

6. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Not sure the NFLN has it's own capacity either. It's why the partner with FOX now (CBS in the past) for those games.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Oh, good point.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is another reason this postponement pisses me off. Moving it to Sunday gives the Ravens time to get players with negative tests cleared to play against the Steelers. That seems to be why they are moving it to Sunday rather than Friday to Saturday and that is utter crap. That is what the practice squad is for. That is exactly what the league has made other teams do. The Ravens should not be allowed to use anybody who would not have been eligible to play tomorrow.

9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    People who are in The Protocol (close contacts) can clear in 5 days with a clean test. These guys, all 5, are Reserved-COVID. Out 10-14 days. Those positive on Tuesday/Wednesday won’t even be able to play against the Cowboys.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    And for those of you wondering, NBC national broadcast, 1:15 Sunday

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    A fail is 10 days and then you have to test negative for 4 consecutive days to return, total 14, i believe is how it works. If you get put on the contact list, you have to test negative 5 consecutive days. So anyone who's added Tuesday shouldn't be able to go Sunday because you can't get the results back before kickoff after being tested Sunday morning. They've already taken some flack for letting guys play who were symptomatic play sunday and the finding out their sunday test came back positive.

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Where did you see that they had symptomatic players play? I saw the discipline of the strength coach, but not that they allowed symptomatic players play. If that’s true, the discipline should be at a whole new level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    I believe he was referring to whatever cornerback missed Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with an “illness” before game one, played and tested positive Sunday night

14. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    So Steelers get ****ed out of a real bye week and now a Thanksgiving game because the 2nd team this year gets run through with the 'Rona? Nice...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I know it's probably wishful thinking for a number of reasons. And I know the game will probably be true to form and come down to the wire, decided by less than a TD.

But if we can somehow begin blowing the Ravens out, don't let off the gas!!! Up 70-0? Not good enough! Keep stepping down on their throat! The league won't punish them, so we should.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I hope we come out and play angry, ( not angry where we get penalties every other down) but we just dominate the Ravens and make this a statement game, ...!

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Sweep the leg Johnny

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I hate that we're the ones getting the short end of the stick again, but moving it is/was the right thing to do. Get every single person who could potentially have it and send them home. Getting a bunch of our players sick from playing an improperly tested team is worse than changing our schedule. It's even worse than a loss on Sunday. Because losing players might mean more than one loss for us. Stay healthy at all costs.

19. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Pretty amazing when you think about it being Week 12 and the league has gotten all their games in up to this point.

And what’s so exciting is the fact that you can clearly see the Steelers gaining more and more momentum as each week passes on both sides of the ball. Hopefully for your sister’s and all of Steeler nation’s sake this season doesn’t go off the rails.

• Like Like x 2
  20. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    another positive tests from the Ravens. 4th day in a row EDIT: Now reported as coach only

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Schefter said it was just one coach tested positive today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Why would the NFL add a 8th playoff team, this late in the season/ just to get a certain team they want in the playoffs would be my guess.... And if the #1 seed lost their bye week , there would be blowback from fans/ teams ...... Idoubt any of this happens, but the season is just getting dumber and dumber as it goes along

23. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well they are the dirtiest of dirty birds!!! Raven = Scavenger Bird!!:poopy::puking 3::goofy:

24. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Because $$$... they already announced this would be the scenario if there's an 18th week. If they have to add an 8th team, the fairest thing they can do is give both the #1 and #2 seeds a bye week. But they won't, because $$$. It makes zero sense because it's all about the $$$.

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    After listening to Jason Lacanfora this morning I am wondering whether this game will even be played Sunday. Ravens sound like a mess right now, and it doesn't appear to be getting better by Sunday.