1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game has been moved AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    From what I'm reading it was the contact tracing that was the issue. Most of their offensive line was at least in contact with positive test players.... meaning that they can not practice or play for 5 days.

They might not have been able to field a team Thursday based on contact tracing protocols.

But again... you line up and play with who you have. If you can't, you forfeit and move on.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    The late afternoon game is the one that they won't want to mess with. I'd wager they're going to have NBC air it at 1pm, but who knows - can't see NBC letting them take away a games worth of ad money.

Fox is likely the only potential problem child. I'd imagine the NFL had to allow CBS leeway to ignore the NFL a week for the Masters, so CBS owes them. Fox shouldn't be able to say anything since they got extra games as a result of that while NBC got nothing.

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Per JuJu

First the NFL takes away our bye week because another team can’t get their Covid situation together, now they take away our Thanksgiving primetime game for the same reason. Smh.

, Seems like there a few players pissed over moving the Game,

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Then my first reaction is what if both Mekari and Skura test positive between now and Sunday? Or, three starters on the offensive line test positive? They will have no choice but to postpone the game again, right?

It is what it is, complaining isn't going to change anything. It could work in the Steelers' favor as others have said.

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Are they really helping them though. I mean we were pretty banged up on a short week. Haden likely was not going to play.. Now there is a chance.

6. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I love football but the NFL is trash. That’s twice the Steelers are punished because the opposing team can’t follow damn rules.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Interesting question. It's something the league hasn't had to deal with. My guess is if that happens (the positive test on those guys) the NFL will be caught with their pants down and not have a plan like they didn't have one when tenn was screwing up left, right, and center. They' ll be in 'uh....uh....let me get back to you mode'. If i'm the steelers i'm asking them that question right now.

As of right now, there's NO WHERE to move the game to without pushing the playoffs back a week - which they could do. There's no actual need for a bye before the SB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Who's to say they didn't follow the rules? Everyone who's caught it in the world wasn't breaking rules. Sometimes @#^( happens. The problem with the virus is you can have it a number of days before you will test positive. You can be a spreader and never test positive. One of those guys gets in the OL room or the RB room or whatever, and you can easily spread it to the group. Staying 6ft a apart and wearing a mask doesn't make you immunue, but it lowers the odds. The odds of winning the lottery are 1 in a billion or worse - yet people still win them.

If the rats are found to not have been following the rules, they ought get #^&(hammered by the league. They went through this with the titans already and i guarantee they sent out memo's saying if it happens again, the hammer falls harder the second time.

9. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    If you think about it..this is actually smart AND we could use the rest.

Let's not forget we are a bit banged up and could use a few extra days off.

This gives the Ravens time to test other players...they could become positive and spread it to our players if they played. Now at least they will be tested Saturday before playing. This could be preventing a big problem for us down the road. There's also a chance more Raven players test positive and the game is postponed again.

The positive players they have now can't play on Sunday if the game actually happens.

Because of contact tracing they can't field a team so I don't think this is a screw job...it's playing it safe and actually only helps us unless the game doesn't happen Sunday.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    it sounds like the steelers players wanted to move it to sunday and not the nfl. i think the outbreak in baltimore got many steelers players concerned. it's the right call for the safety of the players.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    from the reaction on social media by the players, im pretty sure the players wanted to play on thurs, and then have a nice break before next sunday

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They're doing it to screw me because I could've recorded it. Now they won't even televise it. Hope Goodell slips in dog :poopy::poopy: and catches covid

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    It is now being scheduled for Sunday afternoon, Time TBA.

Since NBC's regular crew is booked to do the game Sunday night, I suspect it will go to another network.

14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    If they have the virus there is no way they will clear protocol that fast, will likely have to miss the Dallas game as well. McDonald just got cleared yesterday.

15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    What is better for Balt is having a week to prepare for us, then hosting Dallas on a short week next Thurs.

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Even better would be no announcers.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yeah, I know the guys who test positive still won’t be able to play. I was referring to the currently injured or the players on the list for tracing.

18. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Watching one of our games gives me anxiety. At least now I can relax all day tomorrow.

Get that dose of turkey tryptophan and relax without waiting on a game I might suffer through. I`m ok with that.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Was just coming to say the same. I’m actually not bothered by this other than not getting to see them play Thanksgiving.

Ravens players will still be out for Sundays game and our banged up guys get a little more time to rest up.

I know JuJu spouted off but unless he is already 100%, this will benefit him as well.

20. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    The league was right to cancel it. (I don't like it, but agree with it.)

The Ravens had positive tests on Mon, Tues, and today.
    Until they have days with all negative tests, there is a real chance that they still have players (who would be infectious on game day) who haven't been caught by the tests yet.

The real question is, what will happen if (when) the Ravens continue to have positive tests Thurs AND Fri.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nine-man, play both ways the whole game.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I just posted this same thought on another thread. There will be players who wouldn't be clear by tomorrow due to contact tracing, but they will be clear for Sunday. The Steelers are getting screwed this week, and they lose the mini-bye. This after being robbed of their actual bye earlier in the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Honestly I do not have a problem with this and it is the safe call however. The NFL & the Steelers should demand a list of all players that have tested positive for the Ravens and the protocol should be followed like it was for Vance and Dodson. So even if the game is moved to Sunday none of those players should play.

Rooney’s should then go to the league and say “strike 1 was Tennessee, strike 2 Baltimore, if this happens again (strike 3) we demand draft picks or some type of compensation”.

24. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I get that some of the Steelers are frustrated by the schedule changes, but it's better to have the game moved than to play against a team with potentially multiple COVID-infected players. The Steelers really don't want or need to have multiple players of their own in COVID protocol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am hoping it stays with NBC as part of a Sunday Night double Header.