1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for you local yinzers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dobbler-33, Nov 22, 2020.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Most of you know I've been able to make an annual trip back to da Burgh last couple of years. Momma has the itch again... In fact she's adamant we go. She's trying to plan a Christmas trip for the Colts game.

My questions are what's the current state of the city?

Is everything locked down?

I've seen the recent health dept and gov's rhetoric but how is it impacting being in the city?

Also a mandated test or quarantine prior to entry? Are they checking papers at the airport?

Hahahahaha it's all crazy and I've told her to pass on this season but it's starting to cause dumb ass arguements as I'm trying to be the rationale one for once. I don't see a point in going when you can't enjoy the offerings.

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I can only speak from an aspect of coming into the state. Have friends flying into H'burg from Alaske and needed testing. They are supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks, IDK how they will check this but apparently they will be on a list. My neighbors father was supposed to fly in from Arizona, is skipping it simply because of the hassle. My so was going to fly in from LA, through BWI then to PA. Cali is getting so crazy he was afeaid he might actually be in quarantine for up to 4 weeks. Every person I have talked to about travel is jittery about the constant changes, and possible implications as things (apparently) are getting worse.

I cannot speak for your family, but unless you have ample resources to be in t for the 'long haul' I personally would not risk it, JMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah we're in Cali ourselves everything keeps changing daily... Your summation is pretty much what I keep saying but....

4. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Son lives in Azusa, was coming last spring but you know what...his community is not in as bad as the lock down then, but Gavin does like to squeeze the virtual groin to let others know who has the power, lol.

The issue for him is not really quarantine as he is coming through Maryland and could easily stay in the background. The problem is getting back on the plane, so far not a real issue but he just cannot risk a 14 day hold here, then a possible one once he gets back home. His job just might not be there if that happens.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    PA is pretty strict

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Understandable for sure.

7. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    It’s not worth coming here right now bro. Everything you can do is limited.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Thanks...

That's what I am hearing but I hear it's not as bad just the same not a whole lot of available info outside of the initial onslaught... Care to add to that?

9. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    That's what I keep telling the fam... Pretty good chunk of change needed in order to visit to begin with but if you can't enjoy it what's the point?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    PA is over the top when it comes to this Covid. I went to a pub and they make you buy food if you want to get a drink. I told them I just ate. She said you have to buy hot food. I guess they would rather you become obese and die from heart failure.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I'm seeing everything is locked down/everything is open/you gotta wear a mask to walk the streets and during meals if you find an open establishment.

12. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I honestly have a hard time mustering up the wherewithall around the fact of having to provide paperwork saying we're on the up n up as I don't believe in going to a facility to voluntarily test for something minus symptoms?!?!?! It just doesn't sound like a very enjoyable trip given all the hurdles of which I believe these states are going to further install moving forward for a bit.

13. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    The kicker is you are now supposed to wear masks in your own home under certain circumstances.

14. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah saw that... Whatever's. Are the local law enforcement agencies actually enforcing on the streets, establishments and door knocking? Seems like a stretch to cover it all. Our sheriff in Kern county as well as the city PD said yeah we're answering actual calls not enforcing gatherings curfews and all.

15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm with you 100%. If you can't relax and enjoy yourself, go and do wherever and whatever you want, then what is the point. There's that, and the constant worry about you or the Mrs. getting the bug. To me it isn't worth the hassle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This will be the first time in 15 years that I won’t make a game in Pittsburgh.
    No tailgating, empty stadium, ridiculous rules. Not worth the cost to make the trip just to feel like you’re in jail.
    If you’re set on going just fly into Columbus Ohio and rent a car and drive from there then they can’t mandate any B.S. quarantine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    unless your last name is Newsom. Then, you can go to parties at French restaurants and fly to a conference in Hawaii!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I ran into that back in July. I went to the stock races up in Mercer, Pa.....about 70 miles north of the city. Hotter than hell, and I wanted a cold one. Little joint in town was open, so I walk in. Went to sit at the bar, no stools. WTF? Lady tells me I have to sit at a table, okay give me a Miller Lite bottle. For here or to go? For here, please. Then you have to order food. Not hungry, ate before I left the barn. Well, I have a special. One chicken nugget and three fries with lettuce (called it a chicken dinner with garden salad, lol) for .75 cents. Fine, go ahead and put that in for me, and please get the bar a round. It was hilarious. If you're thirsty enough, you'll play the game.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Only in between bites at Thanksgiving dinner!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I ordered fries. Just got done eating a pizza probably 10 minutes before. Ate 3 of them and gave the rest of them away.

21. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I don't know how big of a mandate hard on they actually got enforcement wise but they're saying out of state travel period I thought. I don't k ow if you're placed on a list for travel nor do I know if they're posted up at state line. Bottom line is this last week changed a lot of things up. If PA's crazy ass governor and Rachel the whatever have their way I see them killing fan attendance pretty soon. Minnesota killed their's this week. I guess we can plan ahead but buy opt out insurance as pointless as it seems

22. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    How is it driving in? I'm coming in for Thanksgiving. Really dont want to test or quarantine.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t think they’re stopping anyone at the state lines. I think the can control it when you fly in from other states to Pittsburgh. I didn’t think Ohio was doing that, but I could be wrong. That’s why I was saying fly into Ohio the drive the 3 hours to Pittsburgh. I don’t think technically you’d be doing anything wrong. You would definitely want to check since you’re in CA. States may have restrictions on people coming in from there?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I live in Sewickley (about 10 miles of Heinz Field). PA is strict but it was worse before. Most things are open though. But it’s just limited and mask. Bars are open but you have to eat lol. Some places serve popcorn for that reason. You have to wear a mask while you lift weights in a gym for instance. Most things have limited capacity. But it is open.

• Like Like x 1
  25. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    That's the hard part brother Glenn. Nobody knows but PA has their gov page walking orders.