1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 8, 2020.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Mason talk is a moot point. We all know the season is poop dust if Ben is done for the year.

But you are right Ben talks to Dobbs a lot more. I think him and Mason aren't tight never have been and never will be.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Come on guy. You obviously don’t like Rudolph. Your comments about him were unwarranted. You took a huge swing and missed. If you want to get on his case at least wait until he does something worthy of that.
    And don’t even get me started on your Vance McDonald fake Covid report.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yes Rudolph's limited time was not a glorious one. The starter on the other side was till the end. Bet their are some here that would sure like Gilbert as their #2. I would. I have been in Masons corner giving him the benefit of doubt with what he went through last season. Those floaters seemed to be in the air for weeks, common now. Of course they are in trouble if Ben goes down and thank goodness he is ok. But its high time to spend a #1 on a QB in next years draft, even if they extend Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m not sure if Rudolph is the answer or not. It hasn’t been that impressive.
    What he did yesterday didn’t warrant a whole thread bashing him. The other person has it in for Rudolph and is just grasping at straws.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    His Passes looked Slow and late. on his second pass i said to my wife this guy should not be in the NFL. Dobbs should be the backup and we need to go back to the drawing board for our future QB. Mason is not the guy, i don't even want him on the practice squad (and i had high hopes for him).

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Again and, it is worth repeating from my end, Mason panning out helps this team far more than it hurts. That opens up the 2021 NFL Draft Board in a massive way. Him not developing puts immense strain on Roster Building moving forward.

Keep in mind that there are multiple starters on this team that will not be back next season; Offensive Line namely. Not spending a pick there within the First Two Rounds would be a bad idea. Yes, Kevin Dotson is likely to become something more but hoping on another Dotson is not how successful Roster Building works.

7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I understand he only had four plays and it’s a super small sample size but look at all four of the balls he threw. Everyone of them was a terrible lollipop and this is after his performance last year. I’d say the guy doesn’t have it.

8. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I said I was speculating and wrong about Macdonald. He was ill and a Steeler staffer had Covid I assumed and was wrong.

9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I’m calling BS on this post and will simply beseech you to use a calculator.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Sounds like you dont agree with Glemm's perfect analysis of the situation. Notice all the agrees he is receiving & take time to process a thought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Mason had his brains knocked in last year, first by the Ravens, then by his own helmet. Makes me wonder how quickly he can process.

Jokes aside, know Boz’s range, maybe his woeful passes were a result of not wanting to turn the ball over or get out of FG range.

Point being, if RF sent him in there to score a touchdown, they call different plays. Cause he sure wasn’t going to draw them up at the line like Ben does.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Where do you get your info? He has done it twice to date. Fail...again :rolleyes:

13. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Last year Roonatic. Come on man stay with us here.

14. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Obviously a lot of guys on the board think Mason is a lot better than I do and are entitled to that opinion. I do agree that this isn’t a major issue in yesterday’s game just thought his throws looked awful. Moving on.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He beat out Hodges last year, got his brains scrambled & won the nfl gif of the year award. He came back when coach thought he was ready & was hurt again. I see rancor not facts guide that space between your ears.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    It’s interesting that when Rudolph eventually replaced Duck last year, everyone was praising his arm strength compared to Duck’s. Now his arm looks like Duck’s compared to Ben. That said he did look like a nfl Qb before he got hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    You Glenn and the other butt buddies should seriously ignore me. Make life easier for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No offense dude, but you post some straight up nonfactual stuff at times.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Right Glemm I think Mason looks terrible but it’s a fact that he is great. Like I said if you don’t like anything I have to say and just want to argue all day ignore me! Easy solution win win for us all!

20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    You should try harder. Mason garners respect, you just open your mouth.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Yes all knowing and mighty one. Mason garners much respect

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Would you be willing to have Myles Garret smack you upside the head with an official NFL helmet just for the sake of testing the data?

Also you calling out Glenn for disapproving of anything he doesn't agree with is somewhat self serving since you just labeled any of us who don't share your opinion of MR or give up our own judgment for yours as butt buddies. The hyperbole doesn't help either since this isn't an all or nothing subject. You can have the opinion that he isn't terrible without having it be framed as he is the second coming of Joe Montana.

I give him leeway because I know how the Steelers operate, it's Ben's playbook and anyone not named Ben has to fit into that mold and play as he does whether its Dobbs, Duck, or Rudolph. Find 15 plays that he excels at, build on those till you get 8 to 10 pages of plays and then put it into the crucible to see whats there and then I'll say if he is crap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I know what you mean. It was a fast way to make a joke about our future QB.

24. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    I feel like this response demonstrates you still did not use a calculator, thus not comprehending my last post.

25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Remember the show are smarter 5th grader? If it comes back please do not try out for it, 2/3 equals .666, for a great total of 3 yards. Thats less than Switzer averaged per catch.

JK man, I have no beef in this thread. Just having a bit of fun.