1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colbert might have done something stupid... Cam Sutton mad/possibly traded

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 28, 2020.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We must be going after a LB .. It will take Sutton and a draft pick the speculation seems ... I wonder who we are trying to get ?

4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I like Cam Sutton, I'm 150% Ok if he's traded for a quality LB. End of story.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Why? It's horrible asset management. It was said a 5th or 6th could get some of the best LB's available. Slot corner is just as important imo. We need depth with Hilton being injury prone. Plus, I thought they were grooming Sutton to be Hilton's replacement when he prices himself out of town.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Shades of the message board threads last season about the Minkah deal appear to be ahead

• Like Like x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Spillane has played well up until this point. I would keep Cam and stick with Spillane. Sutton is coming off his best game as a Steeler. I guess this all depends on who they are trading for.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    What's JJ's cap hit this year. My money is on Anthony Barr or Harrison Smith from the Vikings

9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It was said????? That means squat because whoever said 'it was said' is not the one on the phone actually making the deal. As for grooming Cam to be Hilton's replacement, I believe both are FA's after this year, so no guarantees we are able to keep either one. Can you at least wait until something happens before you call it stupid? We know you will call it stupid anyway, but at least let it happen first, lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Jeez. I don't really want to lose Sutton, we need the depth.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Definitely should have been able to keep Sutton. Way cheaper than Hilton.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not just depth, I see Sutton as a future starter as an outside corner. I'd really hate to lose him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would agree, but if Cam keeps playing well, even in limited snaps Dan Snyder will pay him like a 6 time all pro. While I hope this is all rumor, as I like what he brings to this D, the last 2 years Colbert has done things that are uncharacteristic for the Steelers. Just hope he does not sell the farm for a bum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think the Steelers will make a move for an ILB before the deadline. Spillane has done really well but he has not been tested in coverage yet. Wait until teams get tape on him and start targeting his weaknesses. If the Steelers can get a relatively proven coverage linebacker from a selling team I think they should go for it.

I cannot fathom how they would even take calls in relation to Cam Sutton seriously, and I’d be surprised if he is traded. He is valuable as the dime backer and offers depth at outside corner and safety. It would be madness to trade a guy like that when you are in ‘win now’ mode. If he walks away at the end of the season so be it but he is worth far more to the team than whatever they’d get back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Anthony Barr is on IR and out for the season. Not sure about Harrison Smith though. Minnesota is willing to trade him though.

16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Am I missing something here or are you just a typical fire starter? Has Cam actually been traded as you have indicated in a past tense way? If not, pipe down squirt.:rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Minnesota is supposedly having a fire sale so anything is possible.

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This isn’t ideal

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :confused1:

Doesn't make any sense to trade Sutton for an ILB. Our depth looks decent at ILB even with Bush on IR. Losing Sutton would be a bad move for depth in the secondary, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Listen here pops. I woke up and this was the biggest Steelers news. I know you are use to receiving messages via morse code so it might take you a few days to get this information. You can go into one of the many pointless threads on this forum right now like are we legit??? blah blah. But Sutton might be on the trade block is the most important news right now. So you can give your quality insight on Sutton and a potential trade or go back to reading the paper.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  21. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Yep. Right when Sutton is starting to show promise. Our secondary is finally showing signs of life and to get rid of an integral part of that success lately would be a foolish move altogether.

22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I heard a rumor of a potential trade that makes a lot more sense. But I don't want to rustle grandpa's jimmies.

23. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020

Are you thinking Eric Kendricks? Without knowing anything on his cap hit, that would be a good fit here, I think.

The other rumor I saw last night is Stephon Gilmore...

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Dulac wrote that he was told Sutton has not been traded. Of course, that could still change.

I would like to see them get inside linebacker help, but not at that price.

25. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

OK. Sonny, As I sit in my rocking recliner, Cam Sutton still has not been traded and is currently a Pittsburgh Steeler. I know it's hard for some of you millennials to figure out present vs. past tense because some news shows up on your Iwatch and immediately make assumptions but yinz youngins should get your facts straight before sending misinformation out onto the world wide web.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2