1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Congratulations Dodgers!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by santeesteel, Oct 28, 2020.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't always follow baseball but, when I do, it's the Dodgers!

2. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Isn't MLB the least impressive championship won among all the major sports, if not all sports though?? Like there's no salary cap. If there was a salary cap it would be far more impressive but the team with second highest salary won the chmpshp...it's not that impressive or much of a shock.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Kudos to the Dodgers. I’ve got to say though, the decision by Kevin Cash to pull Blake Snell when he did was dumber than any questionable decision I’ve ever seen Tomlin make.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
  5. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    My father, aged 84, is the ultimate Dodgers fan. After all, he's been following this team for a mere SEVENTY NINE years. That's right, he saw his first game back in 1941, with Reese, Reiser and Medwick.

He followed them from Brooklyn to LA -he was serving in the USAF in Korea then, so they were still the closest team. In 1963, he was in Yankee Stadium to see the Dodgers beat the Yankees and Sandy Koufax set a strike out record. He also attended the first Dodgers/Mets game at Shea Stadium- and the last Dodgers/Mets game at Shea Stadium for good measure 44 years later (I wonder how many other people can say that!)

. He watches or listens to every single game even when they end at 3 am EST. He took me to my first game (which of course was the Dodgers), wrote a book about his favorite Dodger, stayed at the same hotels so he could get autographs for us, and even knows Vin Scully. This has been a tough year for him (and everyone else of course), but the Dodgers brought him joy again and again.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Jimmy,
    In '63, we lived on base at NINAS here in Coronado. Back then, the Padres were a minor league team so, the Dodgers were the closest team. My dad even drove us all the way to Chavez Ravine to see a game that Koufax was pitching. My mom had a big crush on Koufax.

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The Pirates are just like them.:roflmao: