1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

An then there was one....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jamie, Oct 26, 2020.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Only undefeated team in the NFL, your PITTSBURGH STEELERS! Wasn’t pretty today but Seattle would have loved to win ugly today also.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Can't believe Seattle lost to the Cardinals.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I can believe it actually. "Hero Ball" was not going to be sustainable for too long with Russel Wilson. Never mind that though, Seattle's Defense is horrible. The question now becomes as to how much can Jamal Adams fix once he returns?!

Guess that is something we will have to wait and see.

4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Not sure how many of the 72 Dolphins are left but they had a tradition that once there were no undefeated teams left they would toast it. At least we made them wait another week.

• Like Like x 1
  5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Mercury morris still does it

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Glad we're not saying, "Can't believe we lost to the Titans."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    g2Tn.gif

• Like Like x 1
  8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Feeling real good about this season...... If we take care of business in the division, then the rest of the schedule is gravy, with the bills being the stiffest challenge (and they nearly lost to the jets)
    After that it's the jags and the rest of the putrid nfc east

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I can the Cardinals aren't that bad.

Seattle has a trash defense, Wilson had a bad game with 3 INT and they lost in OT, so you can see that Seattle is very good on offense.

10. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    The Bills are in freefall. They lost huge to the Titans and then to the Chiefs. They beat a Jets team with the following drives: FG, Fumble, FG, FG, FG, FG, Missed FG, FG. They have a good defense and a good offense, at best. They have some skilled players, but not enough chemistry or cohesion to be a dangerous team. Could we beat ourselves and lose to them? Absolutely. But like has been said already, the only team we should fear is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    And that sucks because I don't see a team in the NFC emerging who is gonna shut down pretty boy and the Bucs.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

You could be right. Tampa Bay definitely seems unstoppable right now. However, their biggest enemy might lie within.

If not, only major peer competitor would be the Green Bay Packers. Yes, Green Bay did lose to them but that team still has a QB that can go toe to toe with Brady in Aaron Rodgers. All Green Bay needs to do is limit their mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think they will have some inner turmoil coming. BA knows his job right now hangs on Tom Brady's happiness and he is saying the right things but his history has shown he will only take so much.

His bs today about Brown being an insurance policy and it wasn't Tom who wanted him signed is crap. The bucs had two stud TE's already on the roster and they made a trade with NE for a retired player who hadn't played in a year and who had begun to decline due to injury for Tom. Tom likes AB and low and behold they get him. Tampa's fortunes are tied to Brady and Arians will lose out before its done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    lets appreciate this bonding moment with the Miami Dolphins, too champaign or not to champaign, taking it week to week

15. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Seattle can if they hit on all cylinders on offense, and don't lay a complete turd on defense.

Rams have some defense, but can Goff out dual Brady doubtful.

Saints maybe figure it out, and Drew Brees old booty can find some old magic, plus Sean Payton is one of the better NFL head coaches.

Cardinals maybe, Kyler is playing at a high level, but playoffs is a whole new level.

I still think Green Bay is better than they played against the Bucs, Rodgers had a turd of a game, he's better than they played

Forget anybody in the NFC East

Maybe Steelers Revenge tour (take down Bell, Brady, and AB) , Steelers are still getting zero respect, all NFL radio is Bucs, Bucs, Chiefs, Chiefs...

Steelers might not be the league's most talented team, but they seem to play the best as a team, this is the most unselfish Steelers team I have seen since maybe 2008.

16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    There's already been a blueprint established to beat them. It's pressure on Brady. It's not going toe to toe with him. It's about the opponent's defense, not offense. Tampa's defense is good, but you can score on them. It's always been about stopping Brady...still is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    You're coming at this from the wrong side. It's not about the opposing qb outgunning Brady. It's about the defense neutraluzing him with pressure. He was teflon in NE. He's cast iron in Tampa. Two teams have pressured him over 20% of the snaps this season. Both beat him. His numbers dropped to pedestrian levels in both contests. The rest of the teams were less than 17% and all lost. That's the blueprint. And that's also why we're the NFL's biggest mismatch againt the Bucs.

18. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    The secret to Brady is getting pressure, he lost to the Bears because of this reason, and they Bears offense scored a whole 3 points on the Rams last night.

19. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Isn't that exactly what I just said?

20. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Yes!! You did, but going to be tough for anybody in the NFC to have the defense to limit and the offense to keep up.
    Plus Tampa has WR who aren't healthy.

It's even a moot point to even care about Tampa, we don't play them and if we do, it's for a trophy, and any of us will take that matchup!

But, Brady can still throw..I'm sure the Patriots fans wish he was back up there. But, I think that is why he left, he knew the surrounding talent was wasn't there like he once had and had to go to a place where he would have more play makers. He knew he could no longer beat Mahomes with what he had there.

21. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Okay, gotcha. ;)

I agree with everything you said and will add one thought. I think he also left NE because he wanted more say. He chose a team/coach that would listen to him and let him run the show. Dark Hoodie wasn't going to do that.

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Agree to disagree.

23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    But he uses Coke instead of champagne!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    So you honestly think that the way to beat the Bucs is in a shootout against Brady? They average 36 points in victory and 21 in defeat. 21 points is not a shootout. The way to beat Brady is not by tasking your offense to put up 37 points against their defense. That's insane. Their defense is averaging giving up 20.3 points a game. It hasn't given up more than 34 points all season. Unless you tell me they haven't played the best competition yet, and that their numbers are skewed because of inferior competition, then your assertion is wrong.

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I've seen him unravel a few times when he has to get up off the ground.

• Agree Agree x 1