1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring on the Ravens

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Oct 25, 2020.

1. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Flip that around, what have the Ravens done this year that would lead them to expect a victory next weekend? The only decent team they have played handed them their ass. Jackson is not playing well and they are struggling to run the ball (their calling card). They do have a good defence.

Steelers might lose this one but I guarantee you the ravens are worried.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Ravens will test our secondary more than the Titans. That concerns me.

But the key to victory is frustrating LJ. He'll unravel if faced with adversity. If we start fast and put pressure on him to not make mistakes and play catch up, our defense will have a BIG game, and we'll win decisively.

I don't know if we're going to win this game, but we should. Home field advantage doesn't really exist right now. And I really don't think the bye is going to be that much of a benefit for the birds. We're on a roll and their momentum stopped.

We should win this game if we limit our mistakes and bad decisions.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Based on the match up, this game should get pretty good TV coverage.

Maybe even Oklahoma.

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ravens looked better last year. Titans look better this year. Ravens are burnt toast when down after the half. Titans comeback kings this year up until yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
  5. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben MUST play better (4 quarters) in this one, no throwing into triple or quad coverage especially in the red zone.

6. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Is this the first Steelers - Ravens matchup with Ben and Lamar Jackson as QBs?

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Perfectly said. I love being only perfect team left but the record is only good for getting into playoffs and seeding in playoffs. I'm sure Patriot fans couldn't care less about that perfect regular season after losing the SB.

I'd love to get the bye week and have home field advantage but having it doesn't guarantee squat. One year the Steelers had to win 3 road games to get to the SB. I think we were the first ever to do it and only one other team has done it. I actually think it was the NY Giants and it was the year the Patriots were 18-1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Lamar started the second half of 2018, that would've been their chance to play against each other.

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    We better avoid another WR from torching our secondary like the Eagles and Titans did with over 150 yrd each. Our secondary still does not pass the eye test for the entire game. Need this to get cleaned up yesterday. We still had more passing yards but somehow there seems to be one WR that we let run rampant throughout our secondary.

10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Titans go in there & whoop em with a defense? Don't understand all the purple fright.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah... just beat an unbeaten team on their turf after losing the turnover battle -3. Think about that

• Like Like x 2
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Some ravens fans are saying they need to beat us because others can’t and that we only won by 3. Then others say Steelers were up 24-7 at the half.. and they stay quiet lol.

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Things like that happen when teams try to come roaring back. Happens about every week in the NFL. Even elite secondaries get exposed at times. Shutdowns from a defense is the result of a poor offensive performance anymore, like Mayfield last week. NFL has had many elite defenses but only one perfect season from them, back when defense could control more of the passing game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The ominous Ravens, who were one missed two point conversion from going into OT with the Eagles, after blowing a huge lead? Not confident, but certainly not writing this off.

15. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Why would you say that? The Ravens are averaging 177.8 yds per game passing. That has them above the Jets, and no one else.
    They've beaten Cleveland, Cincinati, Houston, Philly, and Washington. Cleveland is a wash, Philly played us both tough, but the only decent team they've played outside that kicked their butts.

16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    The picks Ben threw 1st one was because he/ they got greedy, the other 2 was batted balls im not overly concerned with Bens play.. his first TD yesterday he threw into double coverage..... The so called frontrunner MVP threw 3 picks lastnight also and imo was worse throws than Bens

17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm sure Pats fans are wringing the skin off their hands right now. I guess BB wasn't the amazing, mad scientist, GCOAT after all. Was it really all Brady and cheating? The Patriot woes just warms my heart. Suck it, NE. (Sad thing is that could be us in a couple years)

I'm not as upset with the actual passing numbers of this game. Take away a blown coverage and a bad angle by Minkah, and they barely crack 100 yards passing. And even WITH their numbers, remember, they put up over 600 yards on offense one week ago. 600. Let me say that one more time...SIX HUNDRED. So no, I'm not upset with us giving up one big play through the air. We cut their rushing AND passing numbers in half from what they did last week. And yes, I'm kind of in a vacuum with these numbers. The Texans don't have the best defense. But I don't care who you are playing, putting up 600 yards on any team is flat out balling.

18. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    You got to strike when the iron is hot. The first half of the last game we were world beaters that could have destroyed any team. We have proven we have the ability to play right now at our highest potential due to our momentum and no crippling injuries. We should win this game if we do not give them gifts like turnovers and key penalties IMO. If we cannot beat them now, that bodes very poorly for us. I think we win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yes Flacco was still QB the two matchups in 2018,
    Ben was hurt last year for both matchups.
    Mason almost beat him at home last year until a bad fumble by Juju in OT.
    He didn't play RG3 did the last game and Steelers played terrible but they didn't a win and loss to get into the playoffs.

20. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Because we've made second tier qb's look like All-Pros. Our secondary is the weak spot on the defense, no, the team. We still can't cover for crap, and it's actually getting better. That means it was less than crap to begin the season and is now simply crap. Minkah can't take a good angle to save his life and he tries to kill the opposing receivers by spearing them. Haden looks like he's been hanging out with Artie Burns. Sutton had a good game, and Edmunds is making the case for our best db. Edmunds. Edmunds. Yikes.

So yeah, our secondary is a concern to me. If our front 7 doesn't generate pressure or disrupt timing, our secondary can't hold up and there are receivers running free, uncovered. I've been seeing this all season and have said this all season. It is still the same. No amount of apologies from some here will make our secondary better. Our front 7 has been masking deficiencies in our secondary since the middle of last season.

21. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Sorry, Glory. #2 in completion percentage. #6 in yds/game. And it's not "the front 7". We blitz more than any other team, meaning our secondary has less help in coverage. I admit to getting upset about teams converting third and longs against us, but guess what? They're doing it against other teams even more often. Am I concerned? Yup. But I'm also concerned that we only had two sacks yesterday. I'm concerned that our running game was apparently abandoned in the second half. I'm concerned that there's only one more season of The Walking Dead.

But please, let me know which second-tier qb we've made look like an all-Pro this year? Cause it's my day off, and I have time.

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wait what? When did they get TV in OK? ;)

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I can’t confirm it, but bigbunch68 has gotten pretty excited the past two weeks.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Steelers are 5.5 points dogs, I think that is way off. Even though
    I have not been betting much this year, I am jumping all over this one heavy.
    Taking the Steelers and the points,

• Like Like x 1
  25. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah, I didn't know about the 12 day thing, so I guess I know about as much about TV as I do about women. Then again, I do know how to turn on the TV.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4