1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers are Legit

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Oct 25, 2020.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    It's not that the Titans came back, but the way they did it. It was much more about us than them.

They were just as good in the first half. We were just that much better.

That being said, this was still a statement against a quality opponent who put up over 600 yards of total offense one week ago. We played like crap for a large part of it but deserve the W.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

The way they came back was the result of two factors.

1.) Pittsburgh's inconsistency overall

More importantly

2.) Tennessee's coaching and execution

For Tennessee to come back, the second factor has to play the biggest role as the first one is not within the Titans control. Big Ben misfiring like crazy does help Tennesse's Offense get back on the field. However, how the coaches come up with the game plan will dictate whether or not Tennessee comes back.

Again, give Mike Vrabel credit here. His resiliency has rubbed off on his team. They did not quit even when down. That is a playoff caliber team; beaten up in one half or otherwise.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    But is Glenn with you? :beee:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    59B5064C-FE60-4DE2-B26A-4F2A2DF1A459.gif

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers still have work to do. I'm enjoying 6-0... but offense and defense have flaws. Titans D slapped offense in 2nd half. Brutal. Fitz needs to get his sh!t together.

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    But are they too legit to quit? Sorry, some rapper said something like that.

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Titans didn't roll over like the Ravens do. NFL comebacks are ridiculous this year. They're being refereed into the game imo. Your team down? Iffy calls take precedent. Your team up? No calls for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Just Freaking Enough. God bless it, you guys will just not quit with the Mike Tomlin is 100% of our teams problems, and if we had a different coach we would be 16-0 every year. Our problem from the last play of the first half to the end of the game was Bad Ben, not Mike Tomlin. Bad Ben's been in hiding, but he was on full display yesterday.

Trying for the 7 instead of playing for a FG at the end of the first half. Tipped balls at the line of scrimmage. And for God sakes, you've just put together a 16 play drive to 3rd at the opposing teams 17 with 2 minutes to go, why are you trying to force a pass in the end zone instead of running time off the clock? Especially when our "dink and dunk" offense, which was criticized in another thread, was good enough for 13 for 18 in third down conversions.

I give Mike Vrabel credit. The Titans are a no-quit team. But our teams "coaching and execution" was good enough to build a lead and overcome a 3 turnover deficit, and still beat an undefeated team.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    i agree with everything you said. i went back and watched the highlights, and was blown away with how many "lucky" bounces that the titans got. they fumbled inside the 10, and got lucky to get it back( if pitt recovers, take 7 off the board) if we play for the fg at the end of the 1st half, add 3. the one pick was a tipped ball, witch led to another 7. ben throws into double/triple coverage in the endzone, trying to force a play, when he should have played for the first, and then maybe a td...fg at minnimum. there is a couple more, but overall, we outplayed the titans pretty much all game, they got some lucky bounces, and we shot ourselves in the foot numerous times...and still won. clean up the play a bit, and this was a rout...imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Baltimore is coming off a bye week, they're at home, they have a good secondary two good tight ends and a good running game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Actually, if you read my take on the Good, Bad and Ugly after win yesterday, I had stated that Pittsburgh should have just taken the three points before the end of the half. For that matter, I was also upset with Tomlin's statement after the game as well. Whether or not Big Ben could make that throw is irrelevant.

Taking the three was. There is no disputing that. That said, one teams misfortune is another's opportunity. Mike Vrabel pounced on that momentum at the end of the First Half and used it to start the attempted comeback. That is what great coaches do. For that matter, Tennessee is, again, only a handful of teams since the AFL NFL Merger to start the season 5-0 by overcoming double digit deficits. They are one heck of a team.

However, none of that, be it Tomlin's blunder or Tennessee's second half surge is important anyway. Know why?! All I see in Pittsburgh's win loss column is 6-0. How you get to that record is nugatory. Whether or not you do is.

As Bill Parcels always stated;

"You are what your record says your are."

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

With all due respect, the Steelers shot themselves in the foot more than any man/woman in stripes called the game. Ben was our best player in the first half up until the ill timed INT and then was our worst player in the 2nd half with another head scratching triple coverage throw. Ben has to learn to take what the defense is giving and Conner was chewing up yards on the ground. There is no need to throw the ball 49 times especially being ahead the entire game. He needs to quit gun slinging and just manage the game. We were very lucky with the missed FG at the end because if that game goes to O.T. then the Titans have all the momentum and they are probably sitting at 6-0 where as we would most likely be 5-1.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This is true. Baltimore does possess a formidable secondary. The argument that they have the best overall secondary in the game is not to be questioned. That said, I wonder why?!?! :hmm::lolol:

Howver, two things can be true here. Baltimore does have a great secondary..... with a lackluster pass rush. Between Myles Garrett, Jadeveon Clowney and Yannick Ngakoue, I will take Yannick over those two freaks of nature for our Offensive Line to face anyday. For that matter, expect Chuks to have a bounce back game.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Ravens blitz a lot to help their pass rush, if Ben throws 3 ints against them, the Steelers will lose.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Now we just need to stop WR's from torching us for over 150 yrds like the Eagles and Titans did.

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not so sure the Stains are a quality opponent as they just about needed a miracle to beat the 1 win Bungles yesterday and were blown out by teams with winning records. Beating the Titans was definitely a quality win though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Well at least we don't have to hear that crap about the Steelers haven't beaten anybody good, they just beat an undefeated team on the road.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

Pittsburgh has done well against the blitz thus far this season. Heck, Tennessee threw the whole kitchen sink at Big Ben and Big Ben was not touched. Those INTs were not a direct result of pressure. Those picks were due to Big Ben wanting to play "Hero Ball" when he did not have to.

Here in lies the kicker; Diontae Johnson. He has an ability to make people miss in open space and in the slot. However, that is not the only major reason. Baltimore's over aggression has been the major cause of concern in their own loss to Kansas City. Heck, Philly stormed right back into that contest the same. Given how well Kansas City and Philly did against Baltimore's pass rush, I imagine Pittsburgh will be just fine as Pittsburgh has a superior Offensive Line than either the Chiefs or the Eagles.

In short?! Give me Baltimore's blitz happy Defense over an absolute game wrecking Monster like Myles Garrett. Myles has shown he can change games all on his own. Imagine if Myles had some help to go with him! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben loves the blitz. Eats it up

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I mean... Big Ben is a HOF QB. Usually speaking, those types of QBs eat blitzes, no matter how exotic, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Add the "Claypool Effect" and even someone like Baltimore should blitz with discretion as that often leaves someone open.

If Chase Claypool was not on this team, my concern would be multiplied. Yesterday's game against Tennessee showed me that this passing attack has nothing to fear as teams now have to account for Chase. If they do not, that will be fatal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think the team should had played for 3 points at the end of the half. They decided to play aggressively. Ben played well in the first half. He could make the throw. So they decided to take the risk. It didn't work out. They were up by 3 scores and had the luxury to play for 7. In a tighter game maybe they play for 3 points?

Sometimes there isn't a wrong or right decision. Just because it was a decision that was different than the decision we would had made doesn't mean it was incorrect, a mistake, or a blunder. It's just difference of approach or opinion.

23. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Our receivers leave teams with a conundrum. Teams that play man to man, like the Titans, can double one person. For the first few weeks, it was JuJu. What happened? First Dionte was the target. Then Chase for a couple of games. Last week it was Washington. So they go to zone. What happens? JuJu and Dionte eat them up.

And, oh yeah, there's Ebron. Who you going to double?

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    This is a solid football team all the 3 phases, Im not sure who our # 1 wr is or is going to be, but Ben sure targets DJ alot , Really excited abt our return game

25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016