1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Former Steeler Antonio Brown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Oct 23, 2020.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Has any player taken 2 years off and played well?

Other than Roger Staubach.

2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was thinking Rocky Bleier was out for 2 years.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wrong. AB played 9 seasons for the Steelers. It’s Steelers related.
    No different than starting a thread about Franco or Webster. Just because we all hate AB doesn’t make it non Steeler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You are correct. And he was mangled when he came back.

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Maybe not the best example though, regarding your point. In modern times I can't think of any off the top of my head who came back after 2 years and made an impact.

6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Not sure and really don't look up ex-Patriot players but was Gronk out for two years??????

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm thinking limited play for one season, then one season away from football.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I checked, he played in 13 games in 2018, so just one season away basically. It was 2016 that he missed most the season.

9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Huh? You have done it countless times for AB. Bell. Harrison. Etc. All I have to do is go to the other section of the forum and see all the moved threads with you starting it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    AB was an amazing talent, no question. But what made him phenominal and only mental issues away from the HoF was his connection with Ben. I'm sure Marsha can find him in his progressions. I'm sure AB can still run good routes. But the two of them being on the same page like he and Ben isn't going to happen this season. He will be just another receiver to distribute the ball to.

Looks like his contract is just above league minimum with lots of incentives. So he's a cheap rental. No doubt there are more pages in his contract about personal conduct than anything else.

There's probably a clause in there about him not being alone with Giselle or the Brady's furniture.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And so far this is a good example of a bad example? He sure isn’t the Gronk of old.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nope you’re wrong. I never said anything about moving threads with those names you mentioned. What I said is I was sick of seeing thread after thread about the same person
    ( mostly Bell) when there was no need to start another thread.

I laid out the meaning of posting “who” a while back. You must’ve missed it.

Besides I highly doubt the Mods are moving any threads based on me.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Sure is not.

He looked like he had a Piano on his back during his final season in 2018. Now, he looks like he has a Pickup Truck on it! :eek:

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Regarding the Brown signing, not worried in the slightest. That is going to be both Bruce Arians and Tom Brady's issue. Notice how I did not say problem.

Keep in mind problems can be solved. Issues cannot. AB is currently an issue. As I said earlier, it will be interesting to see if Tom Brady and Grant can keep him in check.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Arguably the best receiver in the game with the best QB.
    And if by the football Gods we go all the way. What team do think it will be against?

Criminal

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah many are picking Seahawks but their defense is so atrocious they shouldn’t win a ring. Bucs are a complete team but I still feel the current Steelers are better. That opinion may change on how we look without bush.

17. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bad enough the Cheatriots signed him last year now the Bucs show how classless they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    AJG has been on the decline for a while now. Plus he's been constantly banged up. That's very different than time off for non-injury reason
    Bell found himself on arguably the worst run franchise in the NFL, with a terrible Oline, terrible QB, terrible coaching, etc. RB is perhaps the position that is most reliant on situation.

Neither is a good comparison. With that said, the point your trying to make is valid. There's a ton of reasons to doubt that AB walks back in and lights it up. With that said, he has only been off for a year and a half. An elite athlete doesn't lose much in that period of time, unless he's been boozing, eating bad, not exercising, etc. Even if he isn't the AB of old, he has Evans, Godwin, Gronk and 2 good RB's out there to take the pressure off him. Even if he's only 60% of what he was, that offence has the ability to be very, very good.

The reality is I don't think his physical abilities are really in question. He'll be good enough to get the job done with Evans and Godwin taking a lot of attention, but the real issue is his mental stability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Let me add a bit if I may ,,,,Arians knowing this and Brady knowing this as well then what is the smart play ? Design a complete package that features him and puts him back on display ...This takes all the pressure off the other guys and leaves all the media on AB exactly where he really wants to be... At this time he may realize he nust rebuild his brand.. If he has the skill,dedication and the support then it very well could happen...He ha shown how much he wanted to be a Diva and he earned it and lost it muliple times, I think that may be his true drive if so watch out he may be fire...

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Who?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Superbowl is in Tampa this year ( next year) Suppose that is the motivation for stacking the team? Anyways I would not be overly concerned. I think the Browns brought in some decent players and look what happened to them lol

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't call Seattle dominant, yeah they're undefeated but they're ranked near the bottom in defense.

23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Why call TB dominate? Bears didn't think so.

24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Nether have the work ethic of ab. AJ has been injured alot through his career. Thats his problem. Leveon doesn't work hard and doesn't love the game but we will see how he looks in KC. Can't compare that to AB who works harder than maybe anyone in the nfl.

25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm not betting against mahomes and co until they lose in the playoffs. They are the team to beat until they are eliminated.

• Agree Agree x 3