1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Updates

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Bush has torn ACL and is out for the season.

D Watt and Hilton both enter the week questionable and will need to practice at some point to play. Wouldn’t count on either.

DD and Dionte Johnson should be practicing tomorrow and appear probable for Sunday. Didn’t hear anything about Whiz. But I believe we have 2 more weeks to activate him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Whiz is scheduled to return to practice tomorrow. Whether he is activated or not may depend on DeCastro and Pouncy. No need to use a roster spot if we don't really need him.

3. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Hilton would be a big loss this week. Those snaps likely go to Sutton, who may be a little better in coverage, but he isn't nearly as good a run defender.

The Steelers had a great run defense, but that was with a nickel cornerback who is an excellent tackler and with Bush covering a lot of ground and making plays. I'm not sure how that will look without those two guys, one for the short term and the other for the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Monitoring Hilton this week for certain. No other Nickel Corner provides what Hilton does in the game. Losing him would be immense.

6. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Doesn’t look good for Hilton which is too bad especially in the same week we lost Bush for the season. DD was only a limited participant as well so he is far from certain this week also.

Would suck to go into this game without Bush Hilton and Decastro

7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I want the W but the bottom line is we will most likely be facing the Titans, Ravens, Browns again come playoffs.

I want that W more than one this or next week.

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I heard on SNR they said Hilton might not be missed that much this week, because he's small and you don't want him trying to tackle Henry.

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe Sean Davis will get some playing time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have a lot more faith in Hilton trying to tackle Henry than I do in Sutton, who is likely to get many of Hilton's snaps. I'm guessing we may see less nickel if Hilton can't go.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I hope so.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Lets hope not.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't have faith in either one of them trying to tackle Henry solo.

14. xcodizzlex

xcodizzlex Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would try putting Allen in Hilton's position see how he does

15. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don’t let Henry get to the DBs Hahahahahahaha!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
  17. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Looks Like Hilton and D Watt will both be out on Sunday. The defense down Bush and Hilton this week could be exposed. Let’s see if the backups step up in Spillane and Sutton.

Ben was only limited hope there isn’t any underlying issue with him now. Fitchner didn’t seem concerned. Says they are just trying to manage his reps.

Decastro was full participant and looks like he will return Sunday.

18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Man, now THERE is some good news. Just hope we can keep him upright now.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    DJ a full practice. Wonder how this will effect Chase. I think it would be a mistake to go back to his roll prior to DJ missing games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    You have to treat Chase as a starter at this point. I think Dionte and Washington split third WR duties. Washington more outside and go routes and Dionte more inside crossing.

To be fair if DJ could stay healthy I’m not sure JuJu isn’t the 4th best WR on this team. I don’t think he can beat 1CB coverage. Now if teams start shifting the attention to Claypool maybe JuJu picks it up

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    If Chase's snap count is reduced, that is going to be quite problematic. If anything, having Diontae back should mean more Four Receiver sets. Chase would have one on one opportunities he will likely end up winning 8 to 9 times out of 10.

Very few teams have good Cornerback depth that goes four deep. Even if Pittsburgh does not opt the four receiver route, three should be plenty still but Chase has to be out there in some form or fashion. Nevermind what Chase has done in terms of being a true home run threat.

Chase Claypool's mere presence has opened up Pittsburgh's Offense to an extent not seen since the highest point of the "Killer Bs" years. The mere fact that Claypool can obliterate opposing back ends forces opposing Defensive Coordinators to add a safety over him. As such, the battle for snaps should be between Diontae and James Washington.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. Claypool needs to play. He has been the team's top offensive weapon for the last two weeks. It would be idiotic to cut into his snaps.

23. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I think Diontes unavailability so far this year puts him as the 4th option. Not that he can’t make plays or shouldn’t get any chances but so far this year he can’t be counted on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
  25. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    Sucks to lose Hilton and Bush going into the biggest match up of the season. I like Sutton, but I hope they don't blitz him as much as they do Hilton; if I recall correctly, he's not great at it.