1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the Steelers be able to handle Myles Garrett?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 17, 2020.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    MG is probably having his best season so far. It's going to be a tall task to keep Ben clean. Big Ben will not be able to hold the ball too long in this game. Has to get rid of it quickly. Also need to get the run game going in order to keep the pressure off Roethlisberger. This aint the Browns of yester year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Just rip his helmet off and beat him in the face with it. Problem solved.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Short answer: yes. Will he make a play here and there? Yup. Will he be a controlling force? Nope.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Better question is who will he accuse of throwing a racial slur at him this time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope Fichtner is smart enough to chip him with Vance, and a RB to help out AV.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No team has been able to handle Garrett thus far this season. As I have said before, Myles Garrett does not have an athletic weakness to exploit. The best way to limit Garrett is through a combination of double teams.

It cannot be the same type of double team either, such as merely using a Tight End to chip him at the line. Use a combination of double teams and multiple forms of chips. That is the best bet.

Long story short?! Garrett will make a play on Sunday. He is simply too dominant not to do so. Limit him as much as possible and that should be enough to win the battle in the trenches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Me and you both.

I understand what went down last season cannot be changed. That said, I fail to see why Fitchner would call a play at the end of that Thursday Night Debacle to begin with as the game was already decided. If Fichtner simply takes the Kneel Down, none of this nonsense becomes an issue at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Chip or better yet, double up on him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Who? Mrs. Garrett. Wasn't she the housekeeper from the facts of life? What you talking about Willis.:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Garrett is a racist pig

Garrett is an excellent football player

But aside from him Cleveland doesn’t have a lot of other stars. Do what NE does and take away their best player and play against the rest. As long as he doesn’t cause a turnover, He can be dealt with.

AV will act like a professional. He will not cause problems. Garrett will want to have a good day. If the Steelers can frustrate him he has the potential to do something stupid penalty wise. That will be good for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Short answer...No.

We are doomed.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Not overly worried about Garrett. Double him on passing plays and get the ball out quickly like the Steelers have been doing anyway. I don’t think he will take over the game.

Browns are majorly banged up and I think the Steelers are a bit better to begin with. Steelers should absolutely win this.

Browns have relied on turnovers and splash plays against poor teams and poor QB’s, Rivers gifted them 14 points last weekend. I hope Ben will not be so generous. Anything can happen in the NFL though

15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Browns worry me come week 17 (or later). They might have a chance if Ben is not playing.

16. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Just paste a picture of MR's face on every helmet. MG won't know who to attack. He'll see 11 MR's in front of him and self-destruct. Problem solved.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I expected nothing less heinz. :thumbs_up::cool:

18. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Garrett can be a game plan wrecker. At some point the injuries a long the Steelers Oline might become an issue from a communication stand point. The Steelers will probably design some plays to get the ball out of Ben's hand quickly similar to what they did vs the Eagles Dline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This. Quick passes are key, move the chains. AV is going to have his hands full, so help will be needed. Hopefully we see a repeat performance from Claypool or close to it and a solid run game should keep them honest. The D needs to get to Mayfield early and often. I feel a monster game from Watt.

Its the hated clowns. Time to open a can of whoop@ss.

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Nope. Steelers are doomed and will end up with a record of 4-12.

21. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    But the Browns will be the Browns. The 2014 Browns weren't the Browns of yesteryear, either, starting the season 7-4. But then Cleveland showed up again, and they lost their last 5 games. Followed by 4 wins in the next three years, 3 of them in 2015. While you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****, the Browns are famous for making chicken **** out of chicken salad.

22. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I sure hope after the game, someone is able to say, "They are who we thought they are" after beating them by 24.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope they can, they will have to game plan for him though.

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    1. That debacle shows how bad Fitchner is at play calling and situational awareness.
    2. Garrett's actions show how close his rage was to the surface last year, let's hope he has learned something. At that time Garrett was one of the most penalized pass rushers in the league.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    None of us will ever know but I'm guessing he was pressured by his agent and/or his posse to play the race card because his season was headed down the drain. And he was dumb enough to succumb to the pressure.

If there were one Steeler player I would want tussling with him it would be AV.