1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wormley ....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Oct 15, 2020.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Is this guy even playing?

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    He has been but in a limited snap count. I believe the idea was for Wormley to become the primary Nose Tackle given Tyson Alualu's age. The problem is Alualu is playing out of his mind right now.

Roll with the hot hand in Alualu. Once he starts to dip in production and/or performance, expect Wormley to get more snaps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Somebody got in Alualu's head. Playing like a top draft pick finally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well he was a first round pick.

I think needing to know the defense is hurting Wormley right now. He's a physical guy, so it has to be procedural.

5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

Great for Alualu. Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery and an opportunity now that Hargrave left us.

I know that I have always stated that as long as a player sports the Black and Gold, I am down with him. Given that, isn't Wormley an ex-rat? Personally, I despise everything about those buttholes and yes their "castaways" as well. I know that I should be in the frame of mind that now that person plays for us, and if he can help us win games, then that is all that matters. Given that, I just have such an engrained deep distaste for the entire organization.

This also holds true for anyone of our guys that transfers to them. I used to like Rod Woodson when he was with us. Once he left and went to the rats I gave him no more love and to this day as well and never will again. Now, I do not fully remember the circumstances under which he left. In partial recollection, I believe he really wanted to stay with Pittsburgh. Given that there were thirty other teams that he could have gone to besides the tirds. Fudge Woodson. The same thing with Kordell Stewart. I really liked him. I think the coaching staff mismanaged his growth. Trying to transform him into a prototype QB that did not tap into his strengths. Given that, and like with Woodson, no love for Slash ever again.

Back to Wormley, yes if he can help us win games then that is the bottom line. I get it. However, and again, I thoroughly, top to bottom, inside and out, cannot stand one thing about them.

Also, what do you think of the rookie NT from Nebraska that we drafted? Carlos Davis I believe is his name.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Alualu has been a beast. I felt like Hargrave got pushed around to often. Not the case with Alualu. I'm not surprised Alualu has been a stud. I feel like he has been solid since he has been here. Wormley provides depth, and is an upgrade over McCullers. Not sure Wormley will see the field much unless there is an injury.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Per PFF, Alualu is the top rated d-lineman in the NFL. Yes, above Aaron Donald.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Alualu has been playing very well his whole time here. I think he had one average year but the rest he has stepped up well. One year as a full in for tuitt, he had a better year then Tuitt ever did. He's been a great addition. I expected more from wormley but this is a hard group to crack into. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Obviously with social distancing more of us are becoming accostomed to
    He has been a solid signing since he got here at a nice price, now we are getting an even better deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Wasn't he a top ten pick? Looks like one this year.

11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Had to check, was ranked the 12 best D linemen in the draft and 42nd best prospect..picked 10th overall. A reach at that point, but delivering the goods now.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Now he can say allo allo to commercial boy.:cool:

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He delivered when Tuitt went down and has been a solid signing. He has excelled in his position change but it didn't surprise me. Wormley will get snaps.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Is this a pay service?

15. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Basic pff.com is free. There are levels of cost to open more info, from what I gather. I garnered that particular fact from steelersdepot.

According to PFF, Watt is the top rated OLB, while Dotson is the top rated pass blocking guard. Considering that when we drafted him he was considered a road grading run blocker who had to work on his pass blocking, that's great news.

• Informative Informative x 1