1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

bell released

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by francobettis, Oct 13, 2020.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Stop thinking from a pittsburgh steelers point of view. Andy is a much better coach then Tomlin. And, guess what? Andy actually call the plays in ... on offense.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m thinking from a mathematical pov.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Good to see that the more of a pain in the ass u are and the more u b**** u get rewarded in the end by going to the defending champions.. That's a good life lesson for young folks.. Sickening

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow so a spoiled baby gets what he wants.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It's ok. Raiders are steadily getting better.
    Hope he fumbles the first Playoff game away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Andy Reid the best playcaller in the league will figure it out, I think Bell's biggest value will be in the passing game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Why did it take him 20 years to win a Super Bowl :shrug:?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    IM thimnking MEH

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's the reality for those who have power. Whether their power comes from status, wealth, natural abilities, etc. Anyone who has power can demand all kinds of things that the rest of us can't.

10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Much better how? They have the same number of rings as head coach.

11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tomlin went along for the ride. While Reid was at the helm.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    After thinking about it, Williams and Thompson are the ones who are going to be impacted by it. Reid will probably start with their touches which combines for about 8-10 per game. Then he’ll have to dip into Hill, Kelce, CEH, Watkins, Hardman for the rest which won’t affect them much, I imagine Bell will top out at 15 touches a game.

Williams and Thompson are likely bench bound.

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    He's going to be injured before the end of the season. He won't be productive running the ball because the Chiefs don't block for patient runners right now. He's going to have to stick his nose in the pile, and that's not his game.

He might be good for a few catches out of the backfield, but honestly, they have playmakers that can do that better than he can. He isn't going to outrun anyone. He isn't even shifty enough to elude defenders at this stage in his career. He's an average talent at this point.

Best usage of him is a decoy on a gadget play. Defenses just need to stay disciplined and he will be easily neutralized.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    It will be interesting to see how well Bell does. The Steelers had a very good Oline when he was here, and they were able to hold blocks just a bit longer and allow him to pick his hole. That is not a plug and play kind of thing.

My guess is that he will do a bit better than he did with the Jets, but nothing like he did with the Steelers.

15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think Bell is done. He will be off the field more than on due to injuries. Maybe that's why he went with the Chiefs, low snap counts with a chance to get a ring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Bell coming to Pittsburgh in January for a playoff game would be awesome. I'm sure he will get a nice warm welcome if they allow a full house by then.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Because he had McFlab throwing up on his offensive lineman's feet :roflmao:

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He had game manager Alex Smith too

19. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Well a few points probably worth mentioning:

- Bell was injured and it was pretty serious from what I remember

- The running game is dependent on a lot more things than the RB.... typically our defense struggled in the playoffs which pretty much eliminated the run game. No point handing off to Bell when Brady is lighting up the scoreboard with ease. Game planning?

- Our entire team has pretty much struggled in the playoffs since the 2010 season . To say Bell had any more of the blame than any one player on the team is probably not fair.

- His production as a receiver was pretty good. He was also pretty damn good protecting Ben and picking up blitzes if I recall. At least better than any RB we've had since.

20. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Bell like most RB's excelled in the right systems and I'm guessing he would have excelled in most systems. Lets be honest the Jets are a joke.

I'm pretty confident Sanders would have struggled on the wrong teams as well. The lions entire offense was built around Sanders and he carried them. Not saying Bell's career is anywhere near Sanders. Not even in the same galaxy as Sanders.... but Bell during his prime showed a similar skill set and style.

I'm confident Bell would have been a HOF'er if he stuck with the steelers his entire career and stayed healthy. He was a rare combination of RB, Receiver, pass blocker. Bell was good at all of it. But like ALL running backs you have to have talent around you. Even Sanders had talent. The idea Sanders did it all on his own is more myth . But I'll still say Sanders was the best RB I've ever seen play in my lifetime. Bell could have probably made it to the 2nd or 3rd tier of great RB's after Sanders, Dickerson, Brown, Payton, Bettis, Faulk, Tomlinson, etc... So top 50...but not top 25. Not anymore. That opportunity for Bell closed the moment he refused to play his last snap for the steelers.

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Current bell is above average, nothing special.

Women don’t mind above average though so don’t take my words the wrong way lol.

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You think pics starts surfacing with Bell and some Chiefs with some smoke smoke late in the year?

This dude will drag them down. I'm shocked they signed him. They have a great young RB already.

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

How did Tomlin go along for the Ride?! Bill Conger had a good portion of that 2008 Squad in 2006. That team went 8-8 that season.

2007 marked Mike Tomlin's first season. He went 10-6. Next season he goes 12-4 with the worst Offensive Line ever to win a Super Bowl. He goes again in 2010 and loses.

All in all, Andy Reid and Mike Tomlin are in reverse situations in terms of how they got their Super Bowls. Either way, both have a proven winning track record and both have their fair share of shortcomings; Andy's being too much of a players coach than Tomlin ever was and Tomlins "legendary ability" to "play down to the level of competition".

Both are great coaches in my opinion. Granted, Bill Belichick rules the throne but Reid and Tomlin have both had success under his reign.

24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He has been bad lately. Hes more of a Darren sproles than a guy that can carry the full load.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Bell had almost 800 yards rushing and 460 yards passing with the Jets last year. KC is light years ahead of that team, I think people may be going with too much emotion on this one.

I think it depends on how much his heart is in it and if he can stay healthy which he hasn’t been able to do since coming back.

That said, I hope he falls on his face and this blows up on the Chiefs :clapping:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1