1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleveland vs Steelers TV Map

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jeh1856, Oct 14, 2020.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Damn Eagles, again. No one wants to see them get slaughtered by Baltimore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Stuck with Balt-Philly here in northern VA.

4. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Hmmm...the map says I will get NE vs Denver but my channel guide says the steelers.

:shrug:

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    You already know:clapping::clapping::herewego:[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Finally getting a Steeler game in Tampa. Rodger better not screw this one up.

7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    We always get the Browns games, so no surprise here for me.

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Very strange map. Pacific NW gets Steelers/Cleveland but Cali gets Denver/NE? Doesn't matter. Game Pass at work again in a time warp (with no cutaways or pre-empting). :drinks:

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm in Cali and they're showing Denver/NE, because this is the Raiders market and they show teams in the AFC West all the time :facepalm:.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The map I get doesn’t show anything for Canada. Do you get a different map because of your location?

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Agree - I get that and the Chargers connection but why is NW getting the game? Isn't that NFC land? I'd rather do the Game Pass thing than live and blow through the commercials and halftime so I'm happy.

12. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    No I just look at the link that is provided here. Since I live in NS we get the Boston CBS and Fox Channels. TSN (Canada's version of ESPN) also shows games and tend to be completely random.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    No streaming for me!!! I actually get to watch a game that isn't casted off of my phone!:herewego!:

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank you for putting that thought in my head. :puking2:

Title updated.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Understand that the Ravens losing is a good thing but my hate for the eagles will make it a joy to watch. I'm going to be at a club with all eagle fans Sunday and regardless what happens I'll enjoy it.

17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    While I’m sad that I don’t get the Steelers game, I’ll be on the road and have to watch a recording anyway. Having said that, I feel terrible for all those people who have to wait to watch the Dolphins and Jets. What did they do wrong to deserve that?

18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Of course I get the eagles all the time but on Fox the game of the week is on, Giants/Washington.:)

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Where do you live, Lincoln Financial Field? You're always surrounded by Eagles fans.

20. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't post any longer here but I do read the forum.

Anyway, I look at the maps every week to see my coverage area. I am way out of the normal coverage area for the Steelers usually. In the past, I had received Sunday Ticket from DTV for free for about 15 years or so until AT&T took the over a couple years ago. I feel for those of you who are stuck. I was one of them too until I did some research online.

Bare with me here. This spring I decided to start to look around and have been doing a lot of research on IPTV. That is Internet Protocol TV. Basically streaming via the Internet with a provider. Not Hulu, Roku or any of those but real IPTV providers. If you have a Internet provider that delivers at least 15mb download you can stream easily.

I did have to buy an Amazon Firestick but that was only like 40 bucks (I am a Amazon Prime customer anyways but you do not have to be a Prime member). I have been using a PAID subscriber now for about 2 months. I get around 3 thousand channels. That includes just about every local feed from CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX plus all the movie networks like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Stars etc. I get all the normal cable channels like TNT, History, Discovery etc. I also get about 30 countries from Canada, most of Europe to Asia and Australia. All this for 5 feeds and 15 a month. Streaming in HD and some in 4k. In fact, my daughter has a firestick and I let her use one of my streams and she was able to stream last weeks game no problem.

Like I said, I have been using this service for over 2 months now testing it out. Very little buffering if at all. Watched last Sunday's game from the local Pittsburgh feed and my stream did not buffer once during the entire game. Perfect picture quality. I have watched the Steelers every week now since the season has started without a hitch. I did have a problem with KDKA in Pittsburgh for the Denver game but I just switched over to CBS in Denver and everything was fine.

Sunday Ticket? I get all. MLB? All. NHL? All. NBA? All games. ESPN? There are like 30 ESPN channels and I get them all. ACC, Big10, SEC, Pac10, get them all. If you like soccer, there are about 20 games on a night from all the Euro feeds. Cricket and snooker are also big on the Euro and India feeds. Don't get cricket yet, but I have watched it a little just to see what it is all about.

So, those of you who are suffering being out of the local market, maybe it is time to move over the an IPTV provider where you can watch what you want with no area restrictions. At least so far for me.

My current DTV bill is like 120 a month. They wanted over 300 for Sunday Ticket this year. I am still in explore mode here, but am paying 15 a month and can watch the Steelers even though I am 600 miles from Pittsburgh. If this provider continues to perform, I will drop DTV by years end. This service also has a record option too, but I have not played with that feature yet.

I am not a shill for the service either as I will not name it unless the Mod's say it is OK. So far, perfectly legal as far as I know and I have looked at about 10 different (paid and free) providers. Some providers will do a free trial for a day or 2 but the one I have does not. I went cold turkey based upon some recommendations. Note, this is not free but I can swing 15 to try it out. There are plenty of free services out there but they tend to come and go really quickly and their service is usually spotty. The service I use has been in operation for several years.

This is not a fly by night outfit either. They have a legit website which is easy to register, get help and whatnot. I also realize many will think this is borderline legal not legal. Right now, it is legal to stream. I am paying for the service just like I would with Hulu, Roku or Google. You just don't realize how much you are being hosed if I am only paying 15 a month and that would go down if I paid for a block of 3 or 6 months up front.

Anyone what more info, I am more than happy to provide the details. Do a quick search on Youtube for IPTV and you will see hundreds of videos about the streaming world for LIVE TV. I can recommend a couple of Channels that I frequent too if you need to do your own research. So, instead of trying to "find a feed" this is much better.

rutan

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I have Sunday ticket. I don’t care what it costs. There are other options as you stated. The Firebox that has been “jail broke”works pretty good, except for some buffering. I have one that I use on occasion if I’m at the lake or out of town.
    Anyone who really wants to see the game has plenty of options.

22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Southern NJ. Right at the very tip. It's all Phil. sport fans here.

23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Maybe they are figuring the NE vs DEN game will get cancelled?

With NE practiced cancelled Friday, I do not know when the NFL will announce their decision on that game?

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey Rutan long time no see. Send me a pm with the info I'd like to look into it. We finally got another ISP/cable TV provider in town to break the monopoly we had been living under but the wife and I are looking at ways to cut the cost. If we can just pay for internet service and get the TV channels that we and the kids watch occasionally they way you described it might be worth it.

25. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    How do I "pm" you. I'm a dummy on that end of things. 15 a month, but you would have to buy a Firestick and a sub to a VPN which would run about 8 a month, but everyone by now should be using the web with a VPN anyways. It is not like you are wasting money because there are a lot of apps on the Firestick too. Like I said, going from 125-180 a month to just 15 is a pretty good savings.

For starters, you can just go an do a search for Curiosity Cafe on Youtube. He is pretty good with information and has a really good channel that I watch. You should be able to find a lot of information there. If you need to know the service I sub too, I can let you know that too. He has reviewed it on his Youtube channel.

rutan