1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

bell released

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by francobettis, Oct 13, 2020.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers were never in the game. They got embarrassed from the start. It was a humiliating beat down of epic proportions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    who did not see this coming? i think pretty much everyone on this forum and the majority of outsiders who follow football saw that signing and knew it would blow up in the jets' faces. it's amazing GMs get paid what they do, despite not having any more common sense than the average football fan. the jets were literally the only team vying for Bell's services, and legitimately outbid themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I agree. I was so happy the Steelers didn't invest big money into him. I wasn't happy that they offered him what they did. Thank god he didn't take it.

He made a lot of nice plays but his lack of explosion was an issue. He wasn't a threat to take it 30 yards, much less "to the house".

4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't think the Steelers FO would consider re-signing Bell. The team now seems to have great chemistry and who knows how long he'd be here before he started whining about something on Twitter. It took them years to be rid of of a handful of malcontents and frankly, it's much more enjoyable watching this team without all the trash those guys were throwing around. To be fair to him, Adam Gase had no idea how to use him and didn't want him. Hard to say if he even signs with anyone else. Maybe he simply doesn't have any desire left for the game.

It's now a perfect score. All four of the principle troublemakers, AB, Bell, Bryant and Mike Mitchell are, for the moment, out of football.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Maybe the Browns will sign him, to get a look at the Steelers playbook. From 2017......:lolol:

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont think he cares about football. He's probably more happy at the fact he just got 28 million secured without ever having to touch a football again if he didnt want to and really didn't do much at all last yr.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Hes probably happy with that money he got. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired.

8. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Not even if he pays US. There is nothing positive that will come from him suiting up in black and gold again. Nothing.

He is a feature back and dictates how the OL blocks. They have to stay on their blocks longer while he chooses his lane or gets a DL/LB to commit to a gap. Our OL can't block for that type of back. And for him to be successful, that's what he needs.

Then there's chemistry. JC is a team player, but that will be a giant slap in the face to bring back Bell. And then who's the starter? Bell isn't going to come here just to be a change-of-pace back, a 3rd down back, or a short yardage back. We don't need him out of the backfield since we have 2 capable TE's. Any role you give him will displace semeone else. And unless he can play on the offensive line, we don't have a need on offense that he can fill.

This is a terrible idea all across the board.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He’s a thief.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    There's more guaranteed money out there. I don't think he retires yet.

11. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    $28M buys a lot of weed and a lot of time in the studio, remastering his next big hit. Who knows, maybe he can collaborate with AB and make a new song called "CTE Is The New Weed."

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    The Jets are paying Bell 6mil to stay home. Any offer from a team under 6 mil goes back to the Jets. If he signs to a team for under 6 million he is not making any more money than he would be sitting at home.

Bell needs to wait this out and sign with a playoff contender that needs a RB. The way Bell can make more than 6 mil is by being paid for playoff games.

Right now there is no reason for Bell to immediately sign with anyone! That being said he will probably sign tomorrow with the Patriots.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Here's the thing. I can't say for sure that he wouldn't be useful for a dozen and a half touches a game. I don't think he retained the overall speed and top end explosiveness that was his hallmark here for years. However, I think he's still a serviceable and effective player IF he still has a passion to play and IF an organization knows how and when to deploy him. I listened to a discussion on the local FM sports talk show this afternoon, and the PM drive time jock was all in to at least talk to him. I don't think the Steelers have any interest in extending an olive branch to Bell simply because for most of the end of his career here, he was a colossal PITA.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp and the Jets are fools.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah he probably will play. Hes not getting much though.

16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

My Mom was 70 and went to that game with 3 other ladies of the same age. It was the last Steelers game she ever attended. She is now going on 88 and hasn't missed a Steelers game on TV so long as I've been alive although she has a terrible time seeing it she listens intensely and we still talk about the Steelers after every game.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Only way they might consider signing him is if Connor goes down and Bell is still available.

Bell had poor communication during negotiations with Steelers and he had that interview that threw Ben under the Bus, but I think they could actually get past that if they had to.

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    True, he didn't have the true breakaway speed, but to have a 4.0+ ypc every year (minus his rookie year) without the huge plays shows how consistent he really was. A lot of RB's pad their ypc due to big runs, but Bell didn't have that luxury. He consistently got us positive yards and there were few better at the position while he was here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm hearing rumors Bell might sign with Kansas City, ugh.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Good. They could use a distraction.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Losing to Bortles and Tebow by any margin is a bad loss. With Bortles, we did it twice. At home. After a bye. Down 21 points before 1st are was over.

22. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    You're assuming he still had it.

23. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    There is absolutely no way this can be aserious idea or would ever happen.

24. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Sign him in a heart beat. Main back for the practice squad and have him dress in the bathroom, no locker. Causes any sh*t suspend him, this way no one else picks him up.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The offense played great to get back into the game, Bortles and Jacksonville almost beat New England in the AFCCG.