1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Major props to Dotson and Chucks!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jamie, Sep 20, 2020.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    For being thrown in the fire, I thought they performed very well. I don’t think either one of them had a penalty or gave up a sack? We will see when we get better teams but I will it take it.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Indeed.

Especially Chuks! I did not hear Bradley Chubb that much all game. Jurell Casey the same. Vic Fanigo threw quite a bit of stunts and loops on both Chuks and Dotson.

None of them worked! Even if Wiz does return, should Dotson have a good game against JJ Watt, this Rookie can book himself as the primary backup!

As for Chuks, very good first audition. Keep it up!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Chuks was very close to winning the starting job in the first place. I expect the drop off from Banner to Chuks to be minimal. I think once we get Decastro back this will be a solid line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    2 different RB have 100 yards games in the first two weeks. That’s on the OL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Dotson.... Dotson .... We got Dotson here!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    One of the few positives in a hollow win vs a Backup QB.

7. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    No hollow wins in the NFL. Every win counts the same in the standings. I wish we played every game against back up quarterbacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
  9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Hell yeah. Run blocking AND pass blocking. Solid performance!!

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    the only blemish I can think of, was the Justin Simmons sack who blew by Chuks untouched. Don't know who was responsible, but i thought both did a great job

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed.

Hopefully DeCastro is okay though. That knee injury is a bit suspicious given how little is known of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Hmmm.... true.

Wasn't there a Running Back on the field when that happened though?! If so, perhaps that would be on the Running Back?!

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If the current cast can hold the fort down and let DeCastro heal/rest/recover then we get a fresher, healthier lineman down the stretch.

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    i don't know if there was or not, depends on the pass protection they called for who's guy it is

15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't think it can be understated how well both Okorafor and Dotson played given the circumstances. It's one thing to hope one replacement o-lineman plays well. Another matter altogether to hope that one rookie and one career back-up with few regular season snaps can get the job, but they overall were mostly unnoticeable and that's the hallmark of a solid performance by your o-line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    One final aspect. For that matter, forgot to mention this about both Dotson and Chuks.

Can Shaun Sarrett get some credit now?! For today's game at the very least?!?!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Very true. A

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We didn't hear their names called during the game, both of them did good.

19. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I’m on record as having been a fan of drafting Chuks!!!!

I didn’t see this thread and was about to start one then after rechecking saw it.... Thanks!!! These two deserve big props as they showed up when they had to!!!!

Hopefully they stay together on the right side and become a solid tandem on the OL!!

Cajun

20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Dotson and Okorofor were the few bright spots in a very underwhelming victory against an inferior and depleted opponent.

21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Dotson makes me feel good, we need younger contributors on the o-line going forward with an O-Line that is getting much older not younger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thought I was on TheSteelersFans. How dare you make a positive post after a win? Haven't you seen the misery from yesterday's game? The 8-8, we're doomed threads? The (fill in the blank) Sucks threads?
    What are you, a newbie?

23. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    From Steelers Depot:

According to Pro Football Focus, however, he acquitted himself very well in the area that, frankly, matters most. In a ‘ReFocused’ article breaking down some details of the game, Michael Renner notes that Dotson did not allow a single pressure in pass protection over 42 snaps serving as a pass blocker.

Not bad for a third-string rookie guard in the second game of his career. Remember, he was penciled in as a bench-warmer this year, the eighth lineman, behind David DeCastro, Matt Feiler, and Stefen Wisniewski in the pecking order at guard. Wisniewski was the top interior reserve, with Chukwuma Okorafor the swing tackle. Both, of course, were in the starting lineup yesterday.

24. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Thankful Miller was not playing in this game.

Does anyone know how often Bradley Chubb lined up against the right side of our line?

25. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The line gave up 3 QB hits and 1 sack. They were fine in pass protection. Maybe they were too good as Ben's dumbest decisions seem to happen when he has the most time.

• Like Like x 1